Hey guys any reason in particular why the pets go smaller when you tame them?

In some cases I don't get it. why does it go from a big game cat to domestic cat size lol?

do we want more reasons to be removed from groups besides Barrage/Sidewinders?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    U can tame the Devilsaur from SoO,
    Imagine running around with 2 of those at their original lenght?
    Im sure they are even bigger beasts

It's a relic from when pets would be leveled along with the hunter. A pet's model would slowly grow larger to a cap, indicating power gain the way new armor did for the hunter. Since that got the "lol inconvenient, don't understand it like I do crabs, gone" treatment, the mechanic is no more, but the graphics stayed because that would be work to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    do we want more reasons to be removed from groups besides Barrage/Sidewinders?
    That's kind of a petty reason to remove someone from group. If anything it makes life more interesting
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

In ancient times of vanilla pets were alot bigger, but they were obstructing view for melee and blizz changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That's kind of a petty reason to remove someone from group. If anything it makes life more interesting
    Not for melee, having 2 full sized Thoks in the group would just blind them entirely.

My question is why do some pets still stay so big, like devilsaurs, but then other pets shrink down from devilsaur size to gnome size? I get that we can't have full size King Krush running around, but would it really be all that horrible for some pets to retain some of their size instead of just shrinking down to a tenth of its original size all the time?

Alas, what am I thinking? There are currently numerous more problems with hunter pets right now that need solved before we can even talk about blizzard making pets more interesting or fun. First they have to make them actually work.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I once kicked a lot of hunters with Ayamissa/Huhuran pets, because they were UNBEARABLE and almost caused epilepsy. That was during early Cata.

When blizz introduced a glyph that made pets smaller, only then it became bearable.

Back in vanilla people would run with the huge ZG bats just to piss off melee. Eventually Blizzard just made pets shrink to avoid that.

i remember people blocking mailboxes and npc's with devilsaurs before they shrunk them. was in Wotlk beta i think