Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    -snip-

Then start again on a PvE server if you do not have the money. Levelling is extremely quick these days to 100 so you can get started with Legion in no time.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-09-10 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You pay, so you can make every possible mistake without penalty?
    It's essentially double jeopardy. You've already paid your penalty. You've had to run back, your gear is damaged and needs to be repaired. Now you've also got to stand around twiddling your thumbs for two minutes instead of playing the game during what for some people isn't an unlimited allotment of time.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why do you think it's appropriate to be arbitrarily punished in a game you pay for?
    You signed up for it, you knew the rules and decided to play anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    -snip-

Then start again on a PvE server if you do not have the money. Levelling is extremely quick these days to 100 so you can get started with Legion in no time.
    Why should I start on a PvE server? Didn't you read what I wrote? Why, just why would you go on a PvE server to look for PvP players? Especially if you have set a high goal, e.g. Vindictive Gladiator, normal Gladiator, etc?

That's like telling me "Don't go to the Super Market to buy milk, go to that farm over there. Maybe this guy is selling some milk also!".

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    You signed up for it, you knew the rules and decided to play anyways.
    Indeed. It's like going on an RP server and then losing your shit when people report you for disrupting RP. Which is actually reportable on RP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowinside View Post
    Why should I start on a PvE server? Didn't you read what I wrote? Why, just why would you go on a PvE server to look for PvP players? Especially if you have set a high goal, e.g. Vindictive Gladiator, normal Gladiator, etc?

That's like telling me "Don't go to the Super Market to buy milk, go to that farm over there. Maybe this guy is selling come milk also!".
    Not really. You knew the risks in going to a PvP server and you chose to create a character there and acknowledge the risks. PvE servers exist to remove these risks.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-09-10 at 09:41 PM.

Indeed. It's like going on an RP server and then losing your shit when people report you for disrupting RP. Which is actually reportable on an RP server.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. You knew the risks in going to a PvP server. PvE servers exist to remove these risks.
    Not really. PvE servers exist for people who find PvE enjoyable. PvP servers exist for people who find PvP enjoyable. None of these was made with the intent of replacing an aspect from the other. Where are you getting these from? It's just common knowledge.

If a friend who wants to join WoW asks me "What server should I go on?" I would reply with "What do you like more, PvP or PvE?". Simple, really. In any game I play, I never like PvE. Always the same bosses, same instances, same raids, until one day you get lucky enough by the RNG Gods and gear drops for you. PvP is what am into, but not all kinds. The competitive bracket of the game is what gets my attention. Not killing people minus 50 levels than me, or doing 3v1.

Not really. PvE servers exist for people who find PvE enjoyable. PvP servers exist for people who find PvP enjoyable. None of these was made with the intent of removing an aspect from another. Where are you getting these from? It's just common knowledge.

If a friend who wants to join WoW asks me "What server should I go on?" I would reply with "What do you like more, PvP or PvE?". Simple, really. In any game I play, I never like PvE. Always the same bosses, same instances, same raids, until one day you get lucky enough by the RNG Gods and gear drops for you. PvP is what am into, but not all kinds. The competitive bracket of the game is what gets my attention. Not killing people minus 50 levels than me, or doing 3v1.
    Ok that doesn't get you. You are one of millions of players. Ganking will always be a thing on PvP servers especially in HFP. Also yes PvE servers were made in design of the more PvE orientated player and people who don't wanted to be ganked out in the world hence why PvP in the open world is on a toggle on a PvE server. So again you don't like being ganked. Roll a PvE server or go cry to Blizzard and they will tell you that it happens and to get over it basically.

Indeed. It's like going on an RP server and then losing your shit when people report you for disrupting RP. Which is actually reportable on RP servers.
    Actually it's more like someone else raised an issue that's been a mild inconvenience for me over the years and I happen to agree with removing it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah man you're totes right, they should just delete your character if you die. Everyone should be a hardcore elietist that never dies. Good thing all classes are created equally and are equally capable of surviving in most situations.

What's it like being that out of touch?
    There is a middle ground between perma death and no penalty. Even solo RPG have a worst penalty for diying then WoW so calm down.

Ok that doesn't get you. You are one of millions of players. Ganking will always be a thing on PvP servers especially in HFP. Also yes PvE servers were made in design of the more PvE orientated player and people who don't wanted to be ganked out in the world hence why PvP in the open world is on a toggle on a PvE server. So again you don't like being ganked. Roll a PvE server or go cry to Blizzard and they will tell you that it happens and to get over it basically.
    The toggle on PvE servers was not put there because of people who didn't want to get ganged. It was put there to merely give the option to engage, to the player. Even so, you are still not bringing any points as to why I should go on a PvE server if competitive PvP is what I am into. Not that there are to be brought into discussion, imo.?

That's like telling me "Don't go to the Super Market to buy milk, go to that farm over there. Maybe this guy is selling some milk also!".
    what are you talking about? rbgs and arenas are crossrealm, it doesnt matter where you play... the only difference between pvp and pve server is that on pvp server youre always flagged for pvp, it isnt meant to be a special gathering place for people who do arenas...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see dazed be removed.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

ROFL! have people really become that clueless? *SIGHHH*

The MAIN difference between PvP and PvE servers is that people on PvP servers are more into competitive PvP. By that, I don't mean sad ass shit 5vs1 situations, or "hey, let's go kill some level 20 characters while we are 110!" ones. I am talking about >>>ARENAS<<< and >>>RBGs<<<! It's really sad how people think that someone would go to a PvP server only to gang others in the open world! .__________.

Take me for example, a 2.695 player (yes, I know, I missed 2.700 for 5 points, all jokes on me). I only play on PvP servers. Not because I like world PvP. In fact it disgusts the shit out of me because most of the time it is never fair, and I find myself against, say, a Mage, a Warrior, a Priest, their mothers, their brothers, their cats, and their neighbours (snd the pinnacle of it all are the "ROFL I OWN3D YOU N00B" whispers! xD) I play on PvP servers because of the good and competitive people you can find there. If you want to reach Gladiator, for example, would you roll on a PvE server? No, because people on PvE servers are more focused on Dungeons/Raids. You have WAY less chances of finding people of the caliber you are looking for. So for players like me (and presumably the OP) who want to be able to find partners but hate World PvP, the best answer is basically "rofl change server". Well, no, good sir. I refuse to. 25 euros x 9 characters is not money that I have, and HECK, I wouldn't spend them even if I did. It is hardly a "viable solution", and more absurdly a good one.

I am sorry mate, I don't want to offend you, but posts like these make me believe that a madatory IQ should be required before human beings are allowed to reproduce.

Because, GANKING? Duh! Maybe the lad knows how to PvP perfectly, but if he is alone, swarmed by 3, 4, 5, heck even more opponents what can he do? xD Jeez, some people!
    You know you can arena team with player from other server ?Its pretty much when I've moved to PvE server and I was using an alt to get a team on illidan back in the days I was PvPing.

Actualy if your on a comptitive PvP server you already know that. There is so many player doing that in trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    what are you talking about? rbgs and arenas are crossrealm, it doesnt matter where you play... the only difference between pvp and pve server is that on pvp server youre always flagged for pvp, it isnt meant to be a special gathering place for people who do arenas...
    Arenas and RBGs are both crossrealm, obviously. But you still need to search for people who you deem as good, do you not? The Group Finder tool is failing to do its job, I can tell you that from personal experience. I found out most of my partners from spamming in trade. Something you won't see on a PvE server. Or maybe you will, but it will be a much more rare phenomenon.

EDIT: I know that overall it's easier to find partners for anythiing nowadays due to the linked servers as well. But take for example someone who was aiming somewhere higher than the average player in a previous expansion, like Wrath, Cata, and so on. Presumably, he would have many alts on that server. Then what are people like him to do?
    Last edited by Hollowinside; 2016-09-10 at 09:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something you won't see on a PvE server.
    what are you talking about? every minute you see someone searching for arena/rbg partners.
    did you even play on a normal server?

there is no difference.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what are you talking about? every minute you see someone searching for arena/rbg partners.
    did you even play on a normal server?

there is no difference.
    Yes. Back in Cata I used to play on Blade's Edge, sadly enough. After Cata, no, I didn't play on any server flagged as "Normal" or "PvE".

Deleted
    Whenever this subject of pvp vs. pve servers comes up, most of the people seem to forget that even on pvp servers, 95% of the players are mostly into pve. The vast majority of the best raiding guilds (world 200<) are located on pvp servers, and that's the reason I've only ever played on these servers. While I do enjoy occasional world pvp, most of the servers are, despite having been conjoined, way inbalanced in h/a ratio. Darksorrow-EU or Kazzak-EU to name few... No one can claim with a straight face that they truly enjoy to find themselves trying to fight off alone 3-10 players of the opposing faction.

Deleted
    People nowadays look for nice, social, gentle people to do slavework like portals, rezzing and whatever. I pay them some minor sum of gold and always win.

Why do you think it's appropriate to be arbitrarily punished in a game you pay for?
    nothing arbitrary about it. also, this is clearly your first mmo if you think WOWs death penalty is anything other than trivial.

If you play improperly or lose, there's usually a penalty. That's how almost every game is. Part of the reason why wow sucks now is that they nerfed so much of the content to the point that it's hard to actually die.