Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Windwalker's weapons.

Hey. I think that Windwalker's artifact looks as awful as almost every Fist weapon. I think that Blizzard should allow Windwalker's to transmog fist weapons into swords at least. Problem with fist weapons is that these weapons are invisible.. Demon hunters can transmog their glavies into swords and maces or axes.
    How do you think about it ?

yeah I'm salty

not only that but artifact spell and WDP are utter garbage animations
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

annnnnnd now I'm more pissed. Not being able to transmog to anything but fist weapons still? thought that was gone for legion.

So let's get this straight, we can't see the fist weapons half the time and we aren't able to t-mog to something we can see. gg blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    annnnnnd now I'm more pissed. Not being able to transmog to anything but fist weapons still? thought that was gone for legion.

So let's get this straight, we can't see the fist weapons half the time and we aren't able to t-mog to something we can see. gg blizzard.
    This has been stated before, there is a technical issue with the coding and how the system flags weapons for animations. It is not the transmogger that is the issue, it is how the system relates weapons to attack animations. It's likely a hard coded issue that has been there for a long time and the further buried under new code it is, the harder it is change it without a cascade effect.

Frankly, though, my friend playing her Monk seems happy with how they look and only wanted to rush the red version over the blue. I personally think they're pretty damn nice looking. There's also quite a few nice fist weapons in the game, if you know where to look.

However, I am not happy that we are "locked" into the artifact weapon type. I was frowning at this for a long time. Take my Warlock for instance, he is stuck with a staff. I don't WANT a staff. I like a Sword and a creepy off-hand book to go with it, thanks. But oh well, for Legion, I guess it's the TBC staff model for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    This has been stated before, there is a technical issue with the coding and how the system flags weapons for animations. It is not the transmogger that is the issue, it is how the system relates weapons to attack animations. It's likely a hard coded issue that has been there for a long time and the further buried under new code it is, the harder it is change it without a cascade effect.
    Right but on monks part this doesn't apply, simply put if the Artefact is tmogged to anything other than a fist weapon then simply leave the weapons sheathed like they were always in WoD. In wod I used the two one handed sword from gold challenge mode, always on my back with no worries. But I guess the issue could be them trying to tell the game that the new skin should no longer use any weapon animations.

Just another reason why I can't understand why they went for fist weapons instead of 1 handers that are used periodically.

Fist weapons are of patrician taste.

Deleted
    I picked up the mythic bladefist from highmaul last night.. Finally feel like I can be somewhat proud of the way my monk looks. The baseline artifact weapon is truly horrendous, although the PvP skin and Stonefist both look incredible.

Would love to have them show when sheathed though.

Issue with that right now is that fist weapons, while invisible, are stored on your back in a weird angle. Had a bug right after legion launch which, after mogging, let them actually show when sheathed. They stuck out like two ridiculous thorns at a horizontal angle from my shoulders. Looked absolutely awful. So, it's not so simple as to just "hide/unhide" them, they'll have to reposition them on the model of the character, and do so for each race.

Press z, fight with your fists out, gg.

Blizzard had originally intended on making the fist weapons a lot more noticable in Legion. However, they gave up on this at some point and simply made it so shaman and druid fists are simply always out. For monks they can still sheath. I imagine if blizz knew they would give up fixing fist issues, monk would have gotten swords.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

they knew that everoyne and their mom would transmog the fist weapons so they just fucking deactivated it XD fucking asshats

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    they knew that everoyne and their mom would transmog the fist weapons so they just fucking deactivated it XD fucking asshats
    wut.

I love Fist Weapons in WoW. Was happy when they chose them as the WW artifact type.

I'd prefer one handed swords, but I don't mind fist weapons. Just let them be shown ALL the time during combat. Not in one third of my attacks. seriously, stop having them sheath every second.

There is no animation for SoTW for anything but fists I believe, thats the main issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I transmogged mine into Novice's Handwraps which are invisible fist weapons, never have liked fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    There is no animation for SoTW for anything but fists I believe, thats the main issue.
    Personally I've got zero qualms with fist weapons and the WW artifact (I'm surprised how much I warmed up to it), but I hardly think what you're saying was the case. If that was the problem, there wasn't anything stopping them from just making a more weapon-agnostic animation.

Pretty dull skins tbh, using Tia-Tia fist from throne of thunder instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I love fist weapons. Think they have the coolest models in game (Tia-Tia, molten claws, those phoenix ones from tempest keep)
    Yeah, I've been saying this forever, had Runed Sword of the Tiger forever as a nice katana sword, badassed as hell.. I'll deal with these artifact weapons for awhile and then tmog into the fists you get up at zen pilgrimage and just go fists when I get tired of it.. Also have fist of deity but used them forever when I had fists before so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    Personally I've got zero qualms with fist weapons and the WW artifact (I'm surprised how much I warmed up to it), but I hardly think what you're saying was the case. If that was the problem, there wasn't anything stopping them from just making a more weapon-agnostic animation.
    The same could be said of Mutilate for rogues, thats why they are stuck with daggers, and they've had that problem longer than us!

Also, the ww weapons (at least the first 2 skins) look nothing like fist weapons.