Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The interesting thing about the complexity of life is that both things can be true at once. They didn't want to subtract from professions and they thought it too close to unlimited flying. Thinking strictly in binary terms is going to always lead you into blind logical alleys.
    Its not unlimited flying. Its gliding, there is a big difference. Just gotta nerf that fun, Perhaps they should have gated it too. I mean, its how they can make sure you're having fun at the right pace.

They just dont want you negating some of the things they designed to slow you down. Instead of focusing on buffing locks or all the other broken classes they first and foremost focus on nerfing the fun. I was really having a good time gliding around, made it more bearable until flight comes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Seems pretty clear to me that what makes engineers special includes the engineering toys that only engineers can use.
    They are just scapegoating, say goodbye to all the fun mobility toys and say hello to using Demon Hunters and Engineers as an excuse to nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I am not sure how to take this considering that the Gnomish Gravity Well is a Toy.

Will they now be nerfing that toy? Even though it REQUIRES engineering (Gnomish Engineering for that matter) which, by default, makes it a glaring example of "what makes Engineers special".

If you are wondering, that quote is on the front page in reference to the Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite / Brulfist Idol nerfs.
    You aren't even trying to understand what they mean, and are just here to complain and find comfort because you were triggered so hard.

Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Why is that sad?
    When a large number of players are dropping all the professions to get engineering I'd like them very much to fix that shit.
    I already have engineering on two other characters, I don't want to feel nerfed and bad because I want Alchemy and Enchanting on my main.

It is sad because it would prove that half of the reason they gave for the nerf, "keeping engineering special", would have been a lie. Statements like that don't work when they are convenient and then not when it becomes inconvenient... they should be fairly consistent or else there is no point in even saying it.

I don't want you to feel nerfed either, btw. But considering how crappy crafting gear is at this stage, it could actually happen that there is a decent move towards engineering (particularly as people realize that they are going to be forced into the questing zones for another year or so). I doubt it, because a lot of people will hate the thought of switching... but it is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You aren't even trying to understand what they mean, and are just here to complain and find comfort because you were triggered so hard.

Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

I can't describe how hurt I am at being judged by an anonymous forum member of a computer gaming site. I may not sleep for hours.

That said, I don't think you understood the post (so I will try to type slowly). I was raising the issue because the whole thing is a logic problem.

The GGW is a toy. And on one line of the front page post the developer says "Toys aren't supposed to be very powerful and necessary".

But then another line says "The toys stepped on what makes Engineers and Demon Hunters special".

The GGW is unarguably "part of what makes Engineers special" (it even requires a specialization). But it functions much like the Idol and it is a toy. So what will happen here? Nerf ot not?

If you nerf it you kill part of the "special" but it is a powerful toy, which should be nerfed if it is powerful.

Now... don't you feel better for understanding that?