Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm lacking upfront DPS, arcane takes 10+ seconds to get going.
    I'd say go Charged Up for the scenario specifically to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yeah, now my levelling is done, I'm looking at changing from my survivable set, to play around with faster dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok - 325kdps-400kdps and beserk, and I still can't get the arcane dudes down in time... no only that, in beserk they bloody pull everything in the room - so even I died last attempt

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ok - 325kdps-400kdps and beserk, and I still can't get the arcane dudes down in time... no only that, in beserk they bloody pull everything in the room - so even I died last attempt
    You are not being careful enough. The scenario isn't timed, you can take as long as you like. Pull mobs one by one, slowly and carefully. Position yourself away from other mobs. You really should not have more than a few accidental pulls here and there, and certainly not against the big arcane dudes.

Does anyone know if the Withered scale with your ilvl? Because mine literally destroy the big arcane thingies in 10 seconds flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You are not being careful enough.
    I'm puling one thing at a time, sadly - in 3 places the only thing I can pull safely is the arcane dude.

In the first area after you go downstairs, pull the arcane dude back into the corridor - and when they go beserk, they pull the WHOLE room, around 20+ creatures.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Well I don't know what to tell you, I've never had that happen to me before.

Deleted
    I'm lacking upfront DPS, arcane takes 10+ seconds to get going.
    That's only true for the first mob tho, after that you keep your 4 AC basically forever since you almost never have to barrage, the out of combat regen is enough to keep you sustained for the majority of the instance.

A big tip I can give you for your troubles with the Arcane elementals, spec into Supernova, it can interrupt everything basically, even the <20% HP explosion they do, which it isn't normally interrupted by normal spells.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTempest View Post
    That's only true for the first mob tho, after that you keep your 4 AC basically forever since you almost never have to barrage
    Doesn't work that way, it isn't a speed run.

Anyway - tried it with different talents, with significant dps - and still doesn't help.

Everything else dies without a problem, but the arcane elemental things blow up in their faces. I can only interrupt 1 out of ever second one. I can't get them away - if I run away, they and the arcane dude stay together. After around 4 of these things, my guys are down to <20% health.

I just can't get aggro off them. As I said earlier, I can solo the whole place without a hitch - but I just can't keep them alive.
    use dragons breath for when they go low and are about to explode.

As I said earlier, I can solo the whole place without a hitch - but I just can't keep them alive.
    Just curious - how would you know you can "solo the place" if you've done about 15% of it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Just curious - how would you know you can "solo the place" if you've done about 15% of it so far?
    Based on what I can already solo out in the world, and by 'the place' I was referring to the part I've got access to already.

The comment was meant to emphasis that the only issue I'm currently having is the dudes dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    use dragons breath for when they go low and are about to explode.
    I don't have dragon's breath.

Deleted
    Based on what I can already solo out in the world, and by 'the place' I was referring to the part I've got access to already.

The comment was meant to emphasis that the only issue I'm currently having is the dudes dying.

- - - Updated - - -

this scenario is not about what you can "solo" but about how much u can preserve of your army. Takes time to get upgrades but you will be able to do more in future and remember that the majority of the dmg is done by your army, you just need to use the brain to make good pulls and routes

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno what to tell you man, that's better burst than I put out on them since I'm Frost, and I've cleared the place entirely.

I suppose I could record myself clearing next time around, might help others if not yourself.

I dunno what to tell you man, that's better burst than I put out on them since I'm Frost, and I've cleared the place entirely.

I suppose I could record myself clearing next time around, might help others if not yourself.
    That sounds like a great idea

I cleared it as fire, with 20+ withered the arcane dudes die without casting anything. Burst or no burst.

- - - Updated - - -

what about supernova? or deep freeze?

I have cleared about a 450 score without anything but 1 withered (i absolutely bombed a room with dro in it), and it helped me quite a bit in learning how to keep the dudes alive.
    Main tips i can give
    1. Fire works really really well in this scenario, as combustion is incredible burst for the arcane guys, and has Dragons breath that you can use right before they finish their detonation to give you time to kill them, even in low gear combustion burst is enough to kill them with 10 or so withered.
    2. Things are heavily susceptible to kiting, especially Dro. How i deal with dro everytime is i pull one by one in the tunnel until he shows and ill immediately dragon's breath him and throw a poly, usually he wont have time to one shot a withered this way if you react fast enough. Then i clear the tunnel and the whole circular area entirely while keeping poly's on him, it's very time consuming but it works. Then once i clear out everything i just kite him around the circle and his run speed is just barely faster than yours, the occasional blink easily keeps you ahead, and your DPS should be enough to keep threat off any withered. I did this for the spider boss thats nearby also.
    3. Just worry about grabbing chests on your early runs to make this easier. This strategy works much better once you have the item that makes them not run away in fear as often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    How are Arcane dudes getting off their explosion? With 20 Withered, none of them should survive long enough. Pull the thingie, put them into Mayhem mode. Interrupt the first cast. Before the second, it'll be near death and start casting explosion, and the Withered will kill it before that cast finishes.

None of the trash mobs you need to get to 400 score do anything. The dryad boss can be annoying, but all you have to do for her is make sure you move away from your Withered on the AoE, and kite a bit so you don't die. Mayhem Withered will destroy her HP.

It helps if you kite things in very small circles, to maximize Withered projectile hits. If you constantly move, they'll have trouble hitting properly. Is that the issue maybe? I literally do not lose a single Withered until Dro, I've been up to 35 before.
    And you can use dragons breath to stop the first explosion cast. It should die before the 2nd.

Deleted
    Today I cleared the whole thing as fire, with 35 withered left. I still had 4 chests to pick up for 25 withered worth. Next time I won't have any chests to pick up and should be pretty straight forward. On first few runs, it's quite hard to pick any chests, but now it's face roll if you know what you are doing. Also 800 rep away from revered.

- - - Updated - - -

you should in front of your withered tanking everything. you're just doing it wrong. i can pull 2 or 3 packs of stuff every time and none of my withered die.

I've finally figured out why dro keeps fucking me in the ass. Poly casts proc my trinkets and immediately break him out of it.

Remember to unequip proc trinkets guys!