I dont know if it has been said already but I feel hypothermia needs a buff. I don't know if the old hypo in beta was OP but i feel the current one is way to overwhelming to be a gold trait. I would love to see an increased proc chance because going a whole boss fight and seen 1-3 procs is terrible.

Stop comparing to WW monks artifact ability. It's made that way because it fills a niche in their rotation and fills a gap where they needed filled to utilize their mastery (they have to use attacks non repetitively to even gain a benefit from it). If you tried out WW at all, you would know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    buffing the damage is a bad idea, the burst would be too great. reducing the cooldown is the wisest move we can take in balancing the spell. you talk about the efficiency but a 1 use every 5 mins is feast or famine, more uses actually INCREASES the average efficiency.
    Burst is never too great. It is the best utility to have, damage.

I'd rather they reduce the cooldown. It should be a 2 minute cd for what it does.

@Maxweii why should it stop being compared to Strike of the Windlord? They essentially do the EXACT same thing, regardless of whether or not it's something to fill in a niche or rotational gap, or to utilize their mastery. The point of both SF and SotW is burst. The main difference between the two is the distance that each effects. One is 9 yards and one is 40 yards. Outside of that, they serve ultimately the same damn purpose. And it's fine that it benefits from their mastery due to what their mastery is...but it should do damage similar to the cooldown then.

However, if I'm not mistaken Blizzard said artifact power(not the resource) is one of their balancing points for this expansion. Therefor it is certainly a viable argument to compare SF and SotW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'd rather they reduce the cooldown. It should be a 2 minute cd for what it does.
    I'd be okay with 2-3 personally or have the cooldown reduced by resource usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is entirely scaling.

Most of the damage I took in that quest, even from single mobs, was not from abilities I could interrupt or put up magic shell for.

It was autoattack damage, which you can do nothing about once your pillar of frost stun is on cooldown.

And it's clueless to say that because level scaling exists, mythic gear doesn't matter.

Of course it matters. 795 legendary ring, set bonuses, and class trinket handily trump any mob scaling, we're talking about the difference between a 700-710 ilv invasion geared toon doing 40-50k DPS and a 745 toon doing 170k+ if not bursting even higher than that. No scaling overcomes that.
    Bliding sleet is good for that, and chains of ice kiting using ranged attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I dont know if it has been said already but I feel hypothermia needs a buff. I don't know if the old hypo in beta was OP but i feel the current one is way to overwhelming to be a gold trait. I would love to see an increased proc chance because going a whole boss fight and seen 1-3 procs is terrible.
    Agreed. I grinded so hard to get Hypothermia thinking it would make Frost feel a lot better. It barely procs. Must be like 5% chance. Yet another slap in the face. I'm gonna stop investing into Blades. It's apparent Unholy will be the way to go especially considering how frequently Shambler procs for them in comparison.

The benefit of the artifact goldens and really all of them is they can all be adjusted. I expect a buff to hypothermia and cool down reduction to SF. I don't know if anyone's gone down to Frozen Soul yet, but I'm sure that will need some tweaking as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    Agreed. I grinded so hard to get Hypothermia thinking it would make Frost feel a lot better. It barely procs. Must be like 5% chance. Yet another slap in the face. I'm gonna stop investing into Blades. It's apparent Unholy will be the way to go especially considering how frequently Shambler procs for them in comparison.
    They did say they are planning on a balance patch for EN to bring underperforming specs up, hopefully frost will get buffed decently.

Frozen Soul is fine, it's just Remoreseless Winter needs a hefty buff, no reason why an ability that's basically Fist of Fury level cooldown does so little damage. It's an iconic spell from Arthas, it should be our strongest aoe by far after Sindragosa.

Is frost dk damage kind of low, or do I just suck?

Frozen Soul is fine, it's just Remoreseless Winter needs a hefty buff, no reason why an ability that's basically Fist of Fury level cooldown does so little damage. It's an iconic spell from Arthas, it should be our strongest aoe by far after Sindragosa.
    It doesn't do "low" damage really, considering its only just barely not in the single target rotation by a loss of roughly less than 1k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Is frost dk damage kind of low, or do I just suck?
    On single target (bosses) you are at the mercy of KM procs for any meaningful damage assuming people in your group are equally geared and capable at their spec. Most of us are running the machine gun talent setup which uses Frozen Pulse. That's all you can do until (if ever) tuning comes and helps out.

For tight trash packs I am usually #1 if I have Pillar up and there are no Outlaws, WW Monks or Demon Hunters.

For tight trash packs I am usually #1 if I have Pillar up and there are no Outlaws, WW Monks or Demon Hunters.
    Or Unholy DK's

Playing frost right now is like staring at a beautiful blue sky while my weather app tells me its raining. Im topping dps in most dungeons and i honestly dont feel underpowered even though every one keeps telling me i am. My only problem so far are fights that require a lot of movement or groups with highly mobile tanks that feel like they need to kite everything (i just can't catch up to them) .

Deleted
    What does the frost artifact actually show up as on skada, cause I swear, I NEVER see those 2 things actually attack anything, they just kinda float there and do nothing, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Or Unholy DK's
    I usually beat Unholy on trash but then again maybe I am better geared. Or they may not now what they are doing. I'm 846 atm. When I don't have Pillar a lot more specs beat me though. Pillar makes a massive dps difference.
    @Maxweii do you run Epidemic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnow612 View Post
    Playing frost right now is like staring at a beautiful blue sky while my weather app tells me its raining. Im topping dps in most dungeons and i honestly dont feel underpowered even though every one keeps telling me i am. My only problem so far are fights that require a lot of movement or groups with highly mobile tanks that feel like they need to kite everything (i just can't catch up to them) .
    I mean, it has been mentioned throughout the thread that all complaints apply when compring yourself to equally geared and skilled players. I used to be optimistic at first too until I started playing against Havoc, Outlaw, WW, Unholy(ST) etc. the list will grow once raids open.

I usually beat Unholy on trash but then again maybe I am better geared. Or they may not now what they are doing. I'm 846 atm. When I don't have Pillar a lot more specs beat me though. Pillar makes a massive dps difference.
    @Maxweii do you run Epidemic?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it has been mentioned throughout the thread that all complaints apply when compring yourself to equally geared and skilled players. I used to be optimistic at first too until I started playing against Havoc, Outlaw, WW, Unholy(ST) etc. the list will grow once raids open.
    I feel like book marking all these guys who say they Top the charts as Frost

then checking in 2 weeks from now when raids are open and players naturally start to divide back into there skill groups (LFR with LFR)(heroic with heroic)(mythic with Mythic) then comming back and checking what there comments are.

Either case i have 27k AP saved for frost (since rank 20 is a bitch) running out of bag space lets see where this small balance patch this tuesday has the specs align.

I don't think they will touch Frost until a week after EN opens at the earliest according to Ion's comments. I think it's so ridiculous they claim to have to "wait and see". What was beta for then? Oh well, that's a dead horse we just gotta deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I feel like book marking all these guys who say they Top the charts as Frost

then checking in 2 weeks from now when raids are open and players naturally start to divide back into there skill groups (LFR with LFR)(heroic with heroic)(mythic with Mythic) then comming back and checking what there comments are.
    I don't doubt they are topping charts, they are just not accounting for player gear/skill of those doing dungeons with them so they assume they are doing better on a equally leveled field which is just not the case if they are beating the better specs on bosses.

I read somewhere that the OP specs will continue to be OP throught the expansion,however they also said they don't want players to regret leveling a artifact.

How this can affect Frost?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4