Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I've been here since tbc and no expac has had either the variety or quality of content that Legion has.
    Amen, people are just making shit up because they have this pathological NEED to dump on WoW at this point.
    Been here since WOTLK, Legion has, in its base patch, more than surpassed my previous favourite expansion both in terms of fun had and quantity of things to do.

Deleted
    To be honest I think this thread isn't entirely pointless.

While he already reached this point within a week, you'll all reach this point sooner or later. I'm guessing on average you'll have reached it in a about a month. Suramar will be cleared, you'll have enough equipment for raids and you've been doing your world quests every day. But world quests will keep popping up and dungeons will keep giving much needed artifact power.
    At that point I'm really anticipating a lot of 'Legion has too much to do' threads because you just can't do everything you want if you just play 1-2 hours a day. It's not designed to be this way and I like that, but I can see people feeling overwhelmed and therefore burned out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I've been here since tbc and no expac has had either the variety or quality of content that Legion has.

Indeed, but there seems to be a lot of people who are just burnt out on MMO's in general.
    To outgear everything now AND have done 300 WQ's you need to have played a LOt in the past 2 weeks, and yet they claim the content is not fun.... WHY would you play a game more than 100 hours in 2 weeks if you think it is not fun to do so? Addiction in combination with nothing else to do, these people are worse than crack junkies.....

I've played a LOT in the last 2 weeks as this expansion is the most fun i had since vanilla wow, i still got tons of things to do, but if there comes a point where i stop finding it fun i am so glad that i still got enough selfcontrol to go and do something else instead of blaming Blizzard for not feeding my addiction issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    Pre-Rant: If you're currently enjoying the game and want to keep playing, that's fine. I'm not saying the game is bad or not fun overall but I'm not having fun.

I was super hyped for the launch and to finally get out of Draenor. I had a lot of fun doing invasions for a while and alts that were going to dungeon grind finally had something else to do. I've done Loremaster on a couple of characters so the appeal of questing on them wasn't there for me.

I'm blessed to live in an area with Time Warner Cable and they do this fun thing where there's a service outage a couple times a week in the early AM for a few hours, so I wasn't able to play right at launch. I started late Tuesday morning and had a blast with it. However, it's become stale to me already and I can't see myself doing this until the launch of 7.1.

Leveling

On point. One of the best experiences I've had. The cut scenes are great, the zones don't take too long and even High Mountain's "how the fuck do I get there?!" moments weren't too bad. I collected every treasure that was on the map and killed every single rare. I wasn't in a rush to get to 110. The people that did rush had no one to do heroics with, excluding the top competitive guilds.

World Quests

This is where I started to feel burnt out. I've done 300 of them and they feel lacking. They're basically quests you've already done and rares you've already killed plus they share a lot of similarities with the Diablo 3 bounty system. With Diablo 3's bounty systems though, I know I'm going to get something of worth, even if it's just a few crafting materials. Every single day, I did the emissary quests and got resources from that damn box.

Not one time did I see gold, a blood or anything other than resources. Before I bought gear just to collect appearances, I had 60k resources. The majority of the missions are either a little bit of gold or some AP, which is nice considering at level 18, you need 24,000 artifact power to get another trait.

Mission Table

For some reason, this thing is back. The good thing I have to say about it, is it's nothing like the Warlords of Draenor mission table. You have a limited number of followers but at the same time, there are similarities. Your introduction to your class is gated through this thing via 10 hour missions. There's two sets of these so people are setting their alarms to actually do these as quickly as possible. Some of the missions can be up to 36 hours and they only award follower XP or something minuscule like 150g.

Your minions die off in 3 missions and you have to replace them for a low cost at two separate vendors. Then there's the class hall upgrades. These take a minimal amount of resources but the last three upgrades alone take an entire month. I cannot stand this gated crap they're so in love with and have been for a few expansions.

In my opinion, the launch feels like a lack of content that's masked behind long waiting gates and low drop chances. I've heard different sources on when 7.1 will drop but I might come back to check out the new Karazhan. If you're enjoying the launch and the expansion thus far, great. I hope you keep enjoying it but for me, I've probably burnt myself out too quickly and it's made me think there's a lack of content which is hidden behind the points mentioned above.

Before someone says it, I'm not angry about the PvP in the sewers. I never had an issue down there. I would go down there to do some quest that would spontaneously pop up and that was it.

On that note, let's talk about PvP. I said it months back that Legion was melee favored and that PvP was an utter disaster. We saw multiple constructive threads regarding PvP and it looks like jack squat came from them. I have never in all of my time playing this game seen PvP as such a clusterfuck as it is right now. The templates seem like no thought or logical process was put into creating them, damage is way too high, healing is nearly impossible in BGs and playing a caster right now is like playing a pinata.

I'm sure someone here will link a BG where they were the #1 player for killing blows as a caster and that's great. I did well on my mage (if no one saw me or focused me). This happened very rarely. I cannot fathom why the lead PvP developer thinks he's funny with snide comments and blocking people on Twitter when the one aspect he's in charge of is a joke.

I'll see you guys in 7.1, maybe. Or 7.2, we'll see how the expansion turns out.

Thankfully you are the minority in this. /wave good luck in your next game

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    Pre-Rant: If you're currently enjoying the game and want to keep playing, that's fine. I'm not saying the game is bad or not fun overall but I'm not having fun.

I was super hyped for the launch and to finally get out of Draenor. I had a lot of fun doing invasions for a while and alts that were going to dungeon grind finally had something else to do. I've done Loremaster on a couple of characters so the appeal of questing on them wasn't there for me.

I'm blessed to live in an area with Time Warner Cable and they do this fun thing where there's a service outage a couple times a week in the early AM for a few hours, so I wasn't able to play right at launch. I started late Tuesday morning and had a blast with it. However, it's become stale to me already and I can't see myself doing this until the launch of 7.1.

Leveling

On point. One of the best experiences I've had. The cut scenes are great, the zones don't take too long and even High Mountain's "how the fuck do I get there?!" moments weren't too bad. I collected every treasure that was on the map and killed every single rare. I wasn't in a rush to get to 110. The people that did rush had no one to do heroics with, excluding the top competitive guilds.

World Quests

This is where I started to feel burnt out. I've done 300 of them and they feel lacking. They're basically quests you've already done and rares you've already killed plus they share a lot of similarities with the Diablo 3 bounty system. With Diablo 3's bounty systems though, I know I'm going to get something of worth, even if it's just a few crafting materials. Every single day, I did the emissary quests and got resources from that damn box.

Not one time did I see gold, a blood or anything other than resources. Before I bought gear just to collect appearances, I had 60k resources. The majority of the missions are either a little bit of gold or some AP, which is nice considering at level 18, you need 24,000 artifact power to get another trait.

Mission Table

For some reason, this thing is back. The good thing I have to say about it, is it's nothing like the Warlords of Draenor mission table. You have a limited number of followers but at the same time, there are similarities. Your introduction to your class is gated through this thing via 10 hour missions. There's two sets of these so people are setting their alarms to actually do these as quickly as possible. Some of the missions can be up to 36 hours and they only award follower XP or something minuscule like 150g.

Your minions die off in 3 missions and you have to replace them for a low cost at two separate vendors. Then there's the class hall upgrades. These take a minimal amount of resources but the last three upgrades alone take an entire month. I cannot stand this gated crap they're so in love with and have been for a few expansions.

In my opinion, the launch feels like a lack of content that's masked behind long waiting gates and low drop chances. I've heard different sources on when 7.1 will drop but I might come back to check out the new Karazhan. If you're enjoying the launch and the expansion thus far, great. I hope you keep enjoying it but for me, I've probably burnt myself out too quickly and it's made me think there's a lack of content which is hidden behind the points mentioned above.

Before someone says it, I'm not angry about the PvP in the sewers. I never had an issue down there. I would go down there to do some quest that would spontaneously pop up and that was it.

On that note, let's talk about PvP. I said it months back that Legion was melee favored and that PvP was an utter disaster. We saw multiple constructive threads regarding PvP and it looks like jack squat came from them. I have never in all of my time playing this game seen PvP as such a clusterfuck as it is right now. The templates seem like no thought or logical process was put into creating them, damage is way too high, healing is nearly impossible in BGs and playing a caster right now is like playing a pinata.

I'm sure someone here will link a BG where they were the #1 player for killing blows as a caster and that's great. I did well on my mage (if no one saw me or focused me). This happened very rarely. I cannot fathom why the lead PvP developer thinks he's funny with snide comments and blocking people on Twitter when the one aspect he's in charge of is a joke.

I'll see you guys in 7.1, maybe. Or 7.2, we'll see how the expansion turns out.
    Cataslysm gave me the same negative impression.. 200 quests, and they were all so ridiculously simple they could be completed in a few days - boom - boom, done. Vas'Jir was colorful though, and worth the time. The rest? meh.

What throws me off the most in these expansions is how anyone can obtain epics, willy nilly. Perhaps this is a part of your frustration? i.e. You spend forever getting rep for an epic, and someone just buys one from the AH to match your effort, with identical stats T1 or T2 stats to boots.. I feel it's lousy (although casuals will berate me)

I'm getting pretty bored of these quests myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You spend forever getting rep for an epic, and someone just buys one from the AH to match your effort, with identical stats T1 or T2 stats to boots.. I feel it's lousy (although casuals will berate me)
    Not a "casual" here, proud to say that I've never had this gripe with the game and never will...
    Those in high level raiding/PVP will still always have the best of the best and as such be stronger. Besides, the epics and upgrades I purchased from the AH, cost me a pretty penny which most "casuals" wouldn't have. My alts will love the catch-up though, not that they'll ever reach the power and quality of gear/artifacts that my main will have. As it should be since I don't raid or PVP at high levels with them.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-11 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    What is even cooler is that they have hidden leveling behind an Artifact and no one seems to notice.

You level to 110 in a couple days... cool. But then what do you do for the next several months?

- You level up a weapon doing all the things you would have done for leveling a character.
    - Along the way, your weapon gives you a few powers (like leveling would)
    - And you get some buffs to existing powers (like old-school leveling used to do)

In fact, they have even stated that what you earn will probably be "rolled into" your character next expansion... so what did we just do? We leveled. But instead of leveling to 130 or 140 or whatever, we leveled to 110 and then spent MONTHS getting to the same place that other expansions would have given us in weeks.

But it actually manages to get even better. From the front page of this site in the Q&A stuff:

"Artifact Power and progression should span the entire expansion."
    "You should care about Artifact Power for the entire expansion."

So by design, the leveling will probably not even stop in a few months.

It is a work of genius really.
    Uuuh, no.

We're progressing our gear through the whole expansion, as we've done every expansion. Doesn't matter if it is a weapon we get some power for, it is just progressing. Though leveling is just progressing as well.. Personally I like this system. Especially the fact that people that play 12 hours each day and do every World quest to get the most AP they can, won't be far ahead of those who play 3 hours each day. Simply because of the growth of how much AP you need to progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Blizz was actually pretty smart putting the legendaries in the game as drops from the world quest chest. That's the only reason I do them. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. They aren't fun and travelling on FPs everywhere gets boring.

That said, I'm enjoying the game overall a lot. When I get bored of Suramar, I can do world quests, when I get bored of world quests I can do profession quests, when I get bored of profession quests I can do dungeons etc etc. There's a good amount of variation to not get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fercho750 View Post
    Idk, everyone in my guild is doing mythic dungeons and im just enjoying world quests and trying to do pathfinder.

Fuck playing competitively, i have overwatch for that. I just play wow to relieve stress. I understand that might not be what you are looking for in the game, but reminding myself im not in a race to be the best helps me have more fun
    Thanks for giving me a good giggle .
    OW and competitive .............. hueeeeeee

339 WQs here.
    Not burnt out, I want more.

Just did Court of Stars and Arcway and they were so so so good, the best dungeons of Legion so far! If you're quitting before doing them you're missing out on some really good content.

Deleted
    Sometimes when you eat a whole bag of candy way too fast, you'll end up feeling sick and disgusted. The only thing to do then is to stay away from candy for a while.

I am a hardcore pvper been all my wow career etc, but pvp (bgs) (im a resto druid 850) and i am completely done with pvp at its current state, for the first time in my wow career i joined a hardcore pve guild lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done almost 300 World Quests in my main. I'm 850, I'm doing mythic dungeons like crazy and now I'm doing the same on my fresh 110 priest. I've never had this much to do in WoW. Legion is the best expansion ever.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why they gate content...some players consume it way too fast, like, unhealthy fast. You may have started Legion late but to have 300 WQs done already is pretty hardcore. It's no wonder you would get burned out. You would have needed to do almost every WQ you could.

That's fine, though. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to play as much as they'd like, but if you're starting to feel burned out then the solution is to play less...not wish for more. Isn't it a bit conflicting as well to say that you've burned yourself, but feel like there is a lack of content?

This expac does feel like world of diablocraft but I like it this way

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Three HUNDRED World Quests?

Is this your job or something?
    I think its part of the class campaign. I jsut got the quests today but didn't really look at them since I cant do them yet.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

People blaze through the game because they feel like they're in some kind of race and wonder why they're not enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Alternative progression =/= leveling. MANY games have this same kind of path at max level. WoW just took its time to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Uuuh, no.

We're progressing our gear through the whole expansion, as we've done every expansion. Doesn't matter if it is a weapon we get some power for, it is just progressing. Though leveling is just progressing as well.. Personally I like this system. Especially the fact that people that play 12 hours each day and do every World quest to get the most AP they can, won't be far ahead of those who play 3 hours each day. Simply because of the growth of how much AP you need to progress.

For as long as there has been WoW, there has been a steady stream of "I hate leveling" threads. For the record, I never had this problem... I enjoy leveling.

That said, in order to progress your weapon, you do quests and dungeons, maybe pvp or whatever (the things we generally do to level).

As we do this, the weapon gives us new powers, upgrade/modifications to old powers, and better damage and healing. For over 10 years, this is what has generally been what happens as we level.

Call it what you want, but it looks like leveling to me (just without a pretty new numeric value like "Level 121").

Even better, they have built in an enormous (sliding) experience curve in order to prevent people from getting leveled too far ahead of casual players. And if you take the developer quotes (from my last post) as they are stated, you will literally be leveling the entire expansion.

Is it good or bad? I don't know... and I don't really care. I just don't think people see it for what it is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I think its part of the class campaign. I jsut got the quests today but didn't really look at them since I cant do them yet.
    The quest in question is either 30 or 50 iirc.