Deleted
    any word/fixes on tracking?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Is there any official statement as to if the watch works with the app in background or does it still have to be in the foreground?

I know for a fact it doesn't hatch eggs tho, so regardless it's a pretty pointless device unless you are still in the mindset of just catching everything that spawns.
    Hah, what? Seriously? That's a complete joke then, glad I decided to pass up on it.

It's pathetic how little they accomplished in the time since the last patch. I've seen single person indie devs make more progress and changes to satisfy users. And they don't have the juggernaut Nintendo backing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, well ~ no pokéstops, no gyms, barely any spawns and now this:

[IMG]https://s16.postimg.io/6m3lib1s5/O3_Ir_XMr_D7_e1fa_Qq_H_IUm_Tl_Qd_CCx_Eh0f_Mo_SWo1g_Mb_w.png[IMG]

rip <3
    Rooted phone or something?

Kinda silly to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It's pathetic how little they accomplished in the time since the last patch. I've seen single person indie devs make more progress and changes to satisfy users. And they don't have the juggernaut Nintendo backing them.
    They have already announced it (not even tried to hide it), while they have all these ideas in place (buddy system, new tracking system, player trade and battle), they are all in the backlog at the moment as their #1 priority is roll the game out worldwide which they are still working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They have already announced it (not even tried to hide it), while they have all these ideas in place (buddy system, new tracking system, player trade and battle), they are all in the backlog at the moment as their #1 priority is roll the game out worldwide which they are still working on.
    Maybe I'm not an expert programmer, but why does their team need months to dedicate resources to getting the game out in another country? Does it have to be redesigned from scratch? What is stopping them from releasing it in other nations that requires nearly all of their resources to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Maybe I'm not an expert programmer, but why does their team need months to dedicate resources to getting the game out in another country? Does it have to be redesigned from scratch? What is stopping them from releasing it in other nations that requires nearly all of their resources to do?
    I am not sure how readily usable the "location data" are, but things like PokeStop and Battlegym, they need to find locations, and allocate them and such right? Since ball throwing and such would be same everywhere, I assume making the PokeStop and getting licence and such for other countries are what taking most of their resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am not sure how readily usable the "location data" are, but things like PokeStop and Battlegym, they need to find locations, and allocate them and such right? Since ball throwing and such would be same everywhere, I assume making the PokeStop and getting licence and such for other countries are what taking most of their resource.
    Other than translating and localizing (which requires a specific team, not the main coders), there's not much to do as far as I know. They don't manually set up PokeStops and Gyms, those were decided by Ingress long ago. And really, it's just not feasible. It's a big world out there.

I just can't see why it should use resources that would otherwise be fixing and coding new features. Those two shouldn't even conflict at all.

Yup, that's the message you get apparently if you have a rooted phone.
    I have yet to update mine, so I'm not 100% sure of it.

Pokéstops, Gyms and Spawns points are all based on their previous game, Ingress.
    I have the phone rooted from like day 1. Not being able to play means app uninstalled. Rural area, not much to do around, no tracking and now this. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Can anyone explain what rooted means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So its not something you have by accident/without being aware of it?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So its not something you have by accident/without being aware of it?
    No. You usually have to wipe the preinstalled OS and install new rooted OS.

Rooting also makes it possible to fake the GPS inputs, so shouldn't be surprising why they block the game on rooted devices.

I was just concerned it might be related to "unblocked" I got my handset from amazon and use a giffgaff card in it and would be pretty bummed out if they suddenly banned me or w/e.

Don't mind me just your everyday ignoramus passing through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No. You usually have to wipe the preinstalled OS and install new rooted OS.
    Well, it's not exactly like that But yes, the phone will be wiped from data - mostly because you're going to install a custom recovery rom and the needed files/app to grant you root access. It also invalids the warranty on phone. What you're referring to is more like installing custom roms.

Anyway it's just a little more than a factory reset. And not something one can do on error.

I agree completely it's a safety action against gps spoofers mainly, but there are ways to a) make it without root access and b) i know that if i search i'd be able to find some sort of "root hider" that will make this move completely pointless. Hell, it's more than likel likely that someone will make one after the update specifically for PokemonGO.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Yup, that's how it is for me.
    I'm not going to unroot my phone because of a broken game that I can barely play, screw them.
    When has a root blocker ever stopped anyone? Almost all banking apps do this yet you don't hear many complain about that, because there are so many bypasses and mods for frameworks like xposed that these quickly don't become problems, heck there is already a modified version of the Pokemon Go APK that bypasses the root check, which from what I gathered on reddit is a local only check anyway. Plus you've been able to hide root status from apps since forever.

Just to add, after a bit of digging, you just need systemless-root or Magisk. Is it a hoop you have to jump through? Sure but given you need the same thing for Android pay to work on a rooted device, doesn't seem like that much of a problem.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-09-12 at 03:56 PM.

I'm surprised with the buddy pokemon yielding only a single candy every 1/3/5 kms that I haven't seen more "I would walk 500 miles" memes. PS, 500 miles, and 500 more, gets you 322 Candy for a 5k pokemon. That isn't enough to max out ones with significant evolution costs. So if you're the guy who walked 1000 miles for your dratini, you've still got work to due for that max Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting and a bit crazy, but The Silph Road is way more useful and pleasant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I'm surprised with the buddy pokemon yielding only a single candy every 1/3/5 kms that I haven't seen more "I would walk 500 miles" memes. PS, 500 miles, and 500 more, gets you 322 Candy for a 5k pokemon. That isn't enough to max out ones with significant evolution costs. So if you're the guy who walked 1000 miles for your dratini, you've still got work to due for that max Dragonite.
    Yeah, still hard passing on this game.
    If we could battle to gain CP, that would be one thing but... walking like 1500 miles? Nope.

It would be fun if you could "queue" a random fight against another player nearly your level. 6 pokemon vs 6 pokemon, having to aim abilities using the throw mechanic and dodge attacks using swipe. That would be interesting.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So is the buddy system live in some areas already?