Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That it's intentionally tricking people. Doesn't fly here.
    Oh, you're one of those people who think 'entrapment' is actually a thing? So the cops HAVE to let people breaking the law know that they're watching him? On what fucking planet does that make a lick of sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    We used to do that around here, but the cops now will sometimes have unmarked civilian vehicles sitting within a few minutes of where their radar is set up and if you flash your lights they pull you over so most people don't do it anymore.
    Courts have ruled that pulling someone over for doing this is a violation of their First Amendment rights to free speech. Most departments have been ordered and trained to not pull people over for it, because it could end up costing the department or city a ton in a civil suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Never seen that sort of trickery atleast by the police here. That ticket would be thrown off in quick court if that happened.
    A police officer let me out of a ticket because there was a hill and it was obvious I was slowing down from how quickly I was able to pull over and stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So back when I started driving that if you passed a Leo(law enforcement officer) who was sitting running radar it was common courtesy after you passed it to let oncoming traffic know that they're there. You did this by flashing your lights. It was known that if an oncoming car flashes their lights at you during the day it meant a cop was up ahead. This was to give them a chance to slow down before they got there if they were sleeding.

I still do this. Warn people to slow down so they don't get a ticket. However I don't see many people doing it these days. I'm wondering if younger drivers just don't know about this or not. Maybe it's just a local tradition.

Do you warn oncoming traffic that a cop is up ahead?
    Why would I do that? Get caught for speeding and that is your own fault.

I have heard of it. I was taught not to because you are supposed to flash your lights when someone else doesn't have their headlights on. To most drivers it is a distraction that makes them check their headlights and, hell, may even cause them to speed if they are distracted and going downhill.

Personally, I have always lived by water, rivers, creeks, in the country, etc. so there is a LOT of fog. i really want people to tell me my headlights are not on, it is easy to not notice when streetlights are on because the fog reflects the light around so much. But damned if it isn't scary as shit to get out of town and suddenly also get out of the fog into pitch black darkness and scramble to get your headlights turned on.

Anyway, that is my two copper (haha, get it copper, cops, police, haha I KILL me!)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Oh, you're one of those people who think 'entrapment' is actually a thing? So the cops HAVE to let people breaking the law know that they're watching him? On what fucking planet does that make a lick of sense?
    The scenario mentioned certainly isn't entrapment but entrapment is a real thing. How arrogant to think you know it doesn't exist everywhere.

I'm truly sorry if you live in some shitty state that does not have this sort of protection. I would have to guess the bible belt?

In Coloardo it is "Colorado Revised Statute (CRS) 18-1-709"
    http://tornado.state.co.us/gov_dir/l...8%20(2013).pdf

As for the topic. I don't clue anyone in if i see a speed trap but I slow down a tiny bit (if I don't inhibit anyone) to see if people get pulled over. I've even baited people into passing me knowing that the police are in a common spot right around the corner. Here in northern Colorado you have to go 10MPH+ over to get pulled over.

I drive 5-10 over when the speed limit is 45+ past police all the time. If you get pulled over, you deserve it.
    Last edited by 209; 2016-09-10 at 10:57 PM.

I don't warn anyone, but I also obey the speed limits and think those that don't have earned those tickets. Might actually get them to keep to the rules of the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It's nice if they are close enough to signal an immediate threat, but not getting caught speeding is 80% common sense and 20% luck.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-09-10 at 11:01 PM.

No.

As far as I'm concerned, we all deserve tickets already by virtue of nobody here going anything less than 70 on the freeway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I've seen people do this in the past, but not so much anymore. I don't really care to do this myself, since it defeats the purpose of those cameras being there in the first place.

It's still a thing, depending where you are. I'd rather people get caught though, then the cops are busy when I come through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's still a thing, depending where you are. I'd rather people get caught though, then the cops are busy when I come through.
    You already went through. You can't get caught by a cop you've already passed.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-09-11 at 12:38 AM.

never done this or seen it done, personaly. however, you drive down particular roads long enough and you know all the usual police hiding spots, so you anticipate and slow down a bit. alternately - waze a lot of times tends to show if there are patrol cars hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You already went through. You can't get caught by a cop you've already passed.
    It's a general statement, not contingent upon my own signalling. Besides, I might have to turn around and go back through at some point, best be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand the overuse of acronyms. Is the three letters in Cop just not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Can't stand the overuse of acronyms. Is the three letters in Cop just not enough?
    cop is an acronym.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    I do it because I don't want to find out later that the cop shot someone for going 3 MPH over the speed limit.
    Did you hit the "post reply" button before finishing your scenario?

I actually do it all the time on my IPad.

Mind if I take a crack at finishing this theoretical situation?

Such and such ... that the cop shot someone for going 3 MPH over the speed limit ... because the person he pulled over to just giving a warning to was a beligerent thug who reached for a weapon and tried to shoot the cop first.

---

As for OP topic yea I knew about the light flashing thing and used to do it in high school but not anymore.

These days the speeding I see is blatantly gratuitous and I'd rather see the assfucks doing it get pulled over than run the risk they cause an accident later on.

In the future it wont matter as every car will either be driver-less or come with a tattler system designed to report on bad driving.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

After being in 3 automobile accidents (and witnessing a fourth behind me because 2 people tried to pass me at the same time) caused by the other vehicle speeding, no; I drive cautiously and so should everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    I do it because I don't want to find out later that the cop shot someone for going 3 MPH over the speed limit.
    More like the cop pulled them over and they attempt to shoot or strike the cop and THEN got shot like they deserved.