Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    It basically means you are always at a flight point. You don't even get flown there, the screen goes blank and you are there, and that with a 5 minute cooldown. As a consequence of that, there is no reason to ever ride to a flight master when you wanna get out of the zone. I don't understand how this even got into the zone. The best thing about no flying is that you have to actually travel through the world on the ground. Why even have no flying when I can instantly get to the next flight point?
    your a fucking idiot

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-11 at 04:58 AM.

At this point, its clear OP is just shitposting for the sake of shitposting

The flight master's whistle is great, because the focus is on withdrawing from your destination rather than getting to it. It's an excellent way of ensuring that we still have to get to where we're going normally, without necessarily having to do the full reverse trip as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying "don't use flying mounts, if you want no flying".

Why would I waste time, if I don't have to.

"Don't use an instant win button."

Sure.

It destroys the idea of being out in the world and traveling. Might as well get teleports to every flight master then.
    Translation :

"I don't want other people to have fun in the game unless they're having fun the way I tell them to!"

Grow up.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't want flying doesn't mean everyone agrees. This is the comprimise. People that are mad about not being able to fly have this, people that don't want flying can choose to use it or not.

Their goal has been to have players travel to their destination; it allows them to set-up areas around the idea that players will be approaching them on foot. Leaving the area is a different concept entirely.

I rather like it, it's like a much better, "lore" friendly version of fast travel that isn't as convenient as fast travel, but is still convenient.

You pretty much only use it when you want to leave. If anything, that makes me much more LIKELY to explore my surroundings because I have an escape route so long as I can get outdoors and my hearthstones are down.

Deleted
    The whistle is the only think that makes the lack of flying bareable. If t were removed and my raiding guild wasn't affected i would totally quit the game for that.

So, NO to your sugestion. I don't like wasting time for no good reason.

It basically means you are always at a flight point. You don't even get flown there, the screen goes blank and you are there, and that with a 5 minute cooldown. As a consequence of that, there is no reason to ever ride to a flight master when you wanna get out of the zone. I don't understand how this even got into the zone. The best thing about no flying is that you have to actually travel through the world on the ground. Why even have no flying when I can instantly get to the next flight point?
    Don't like it don't use it. Its the middle ground between no flying and flying.

If they remove it, ill just stop doing world content and stay in city's using the LFD/LFR systems.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    That's like saying "don't use flying mounts, if you want no flying".

Why would I waste time, if I don't have to.

"Don't use an instant win button."

Sure.

It destroys the idea of being out in the world and traveling. Might as well get teleports to every flight master then.
    You hate it, you don't want it, but you use it.
    Sounds like denial to me.

I think the whistle is an awesome tradeoff against not having flying.

The whistle has the convenience, without the skipping the content issue of permaflying.

No OP - the Whistle is just fine.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Your free to not use it
    Shit argument, I wish people would stop using this. WoW is about building your character, becoming stronger, taking on greater challenges and acquiring resources. You might as well be asking them not to play - which doesn't strike at the core of the grievance.

For example; if I thought it was lame that I 1-shot mythic raid bosses, and you thought it was fine, an analogy to the above argument would be 'just don't use any weapons or abilities. Go in and punch the boss'. Well, okay, I could do that. But that's not the problem here; the problem is that the game system in question is not promoting fun gameplay.

Address the actual point, please.

While we're at it, OP, why don't we get rid of summoning stones and portals? They make it so we're always where we need to be, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Shit argument, I wish people would stop using this.
    That is the point. Its a fucken video game, don't like something don't do it. There is no gun being pointed to your head saying use it.

Can't deal with that unsub,tell blizzard how mad you are and go find another game to play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Shit argument, I wish people would stop using this. WoW is about building your character, becoming stronger, taking on greater challenges and acquiring resources. You might as well be asking them not to play - which doesn't strike at the core of the grievance.

For example; if I thought it was lame that I 1-shot mythic raid bosses, and you thought it was fine, an analogy to the above argument would be 'just don't use any weapons or abilities. Go in and punch the boss'. Well, okay, I could do that. But that's not the problem here; the problem is that the game system in question is not promoting fun gameplay.

It's not a shit argument your playstyle isn't the only playstyle nor I'd it the correct one.

The is no broadly correct way to play it's different for everyone.

You and Mr 120 posts in a week are free to not use it, I for one love it and think it's great.

Honestly we should really just remove Hearthstones, they're too convenient and you don't have to travel the land to return to a city. Totally ridiculous. They also devalue the uniqueness of the Mage class with their portal offerings.

Come on OP, meh/10 troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is the point. Its a fucken video game, don't like something don't do it. There is no gun being pointed to your head saying use it.

Can't deal with that unsub,tell blizzard how mad you are and go find another game to play.
    So people aren't allowed to desire any sort of change to the games they play? Not allowed to comment on development? If locks do 20% the dps of rogues, sack up or gtfo?

Good argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Honestly we should really just remove Hearthstones, they're too convenient and you don't have to travel the land to return to a city. Totally ridiculous. They also devalue the uniqueness of the Mage class with their portal offerings.

Come on OP, meh/10 troll.
    Well they should probably be on a 45m cooldown, at least.

It's fine. It removes backtracking, not traveling through the world- you still have to traverse the world to your destination, say, a World Quest. You use the Whistle to not have to walk all the way BACK to the FP, which I think is perfectly fine. People are still out seeing and doing things in the world.

when you do a lot of world quest, you praise the lord that blizzard did think about this, imagine having to go back to flight master after each world quest..god... with some of them you to go deep inside a mountain just to did it, blizzard i love you abotu the whistle

Deleted
    I personally don't enjoy having to run around half the map just to get to the nearest FP. I feel that would become old very quickly.