Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's not a shit argument your playstyle isn't the only playstyle nor I'd it the correct one.

The is no broadly correct way to play it's different for everyone.

You and Mr 120 posts in a week are free to not use it, I for one love it and think it's great.
    We're also free to disagree with this particular aspect of game design.

I'm making the argument that this playstyle - where travel is essentially instant/extremely efficient - detracts from other areas of gameplay by reducing the value of content, which is at least partially valuated on time. Do you have an argument besides 'it feeds my efficiency addiction even though I'm just running in place'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's fine. It removes backtracking, not traveling through the world- you still have to traverse the world to your destination, say, a World Quest. You use the Whistle to not have to walk all the way BACK to the FP, which I think is perfectly fine. People are still out seeing and doing things in the world.
    Backtracking has value. You don't ever catch anything on the first time through, particularly when it comes to art.

It's a great quality of life item, but it is too overpowered. I love it, and I use it all the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cooldown on it. I mean, let's get real here, 5min cooldown...

15+ Year Old Account
    Joined date: 2016 sep. I smell a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

I'm making the argument that this playstyle - where travel is essentially instant/extremely efficient - detracts from other areas of gameplay by reducing the value of content, which is at least partially valuated on time. Do you have an argument besides 'it feeds my efficiency addiction even though I'm just running in place'?

- - - Updated - - -

Backtracking has value. You don't ever catch anything on the first time through, particularly when it comes to art.

If you want to see every leaf and every pixel while you play that is your choice and YOUR playstyle. Stop trying to force it on everyone else. The only point of wow is to get better gear and that means raids or instanced PvP. Flying isn't allowed in either of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

So people aren't allowed to desire any sort of change to the games they play? Not allowed to comment on development? If locks do 20% the dps of rogues, sack up or gtfo?

Good argument.
    You want everyone to play your way... So no that change is not ok. its clear a majority like it and a minority don't so the minority needs to stfu or leave or hell do both.

People like you need to stop trying to force others to play your way. You got ur win and there is no flying for awhile, this is the middle ground. Like it or leave.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of us are no lifers who want to spend hours running around to objectives. You still have to fight through mobs to get to objectives. There's no need to waste time with boring traveling.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whistle > Flying Mounts, any day. I'll take the ground mount level design with quick travel between points than quick travel during quests and quick travel all time.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Will some Mod please close this post? This is the most idiotic thing I've seen on this forum and that's saying a lot. There's a lot more interesting posts that have been taken down for dumb reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you could just stop whining and just not use it. Also, going to blow your mind with this next one......

In other MMOs I play that have flying and instant teleports to anywhere (FFXIV and TERA), people are still out and about doing things in the world constantly. It also appens in WoW too.

In other words, stop acting like flying kills everything or that having teleports everywhere would somehow kill the game when it wouldn't. I actually hate that Blizzard refuses to add in these modern MMO travel conveniences that don't ruin games especially when FPs are a complete dogshit system.

HORY SHIT!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    It's a great quality of life item, but it is too overpowered. I love it, and I use it all the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cooldown on it. I mean, let's get real here, 5min cooldown...
    Yeah it's super op I killed all of the mythic raid bosses with it already.

But seriously it's an item that lets you skip a few mobs AFTER you already did a quest objective.

For you the bolded may be true so don't use it. For me the bolded isn't true so I use it. What lessens other area's of the game for you doesn't for others.

That is the part you clearly don't understand. So if you don't want those other area's lessened then don't use it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Probably the best way to put it. It's super useful and only on a 5 minute cooldown.

It even instantly teleports you to the nearest flightpath, which means if used effectively, you can cut out so much travel time with it. I remember being at the bottom of a mountain in highmauntain, needing to go around it for a quest, so I just used the whistle to instantly teleport through it.

If it was designed to only be made for backtracking, then I could see Blizzard nerfing it by making it take you to whatever flightpath point you used last.

I swear to god, some of these people must have had glue in their food pyramid growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I swear to god, some of these people must have had glue in their food pyramid growing up.
    You've had two posts in this thread so far, neither of which have anything to do with discussion on a Discussion Forum, just insults. You don't seem to understand the purpose of a forum.

If you dislike the thread so much, I'd suggest not posting in it or, even if it was already said by another poster, at least posting your disagreement and contributing. Otherwise, all you're doing is bumping the thread up with your random insults, which seems counterproductive.

The whistle is one of the main things about Legion that makes the lack of flying work so much better than it did in WoD. It minimises the boring downtime parts of travel (typically, returning back to town after a quest), while preserving the generally more interesting gameplay of navigating to new areas, dealing with combat, and exploring everything for the first few times on foot. It's a very well designed tool that allows the devs to push their desired no-flying experience while also taking away a lot of the hassle and annoyance that the lack of flying mounts created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You've had two posts in this thread so far, neither of which have anything to do with discussion on a Discussion Forum, just insults. You don't seem to understand the purpose of a forum.

If you dislike the thread so much, I'd suggest not posting in it or, even if it was already said by another poster, at least posting your disagreement and contributing. Otherwise, all you're doing is bumping the thread up with your random insults, which seems counterproductive.
    You know, people have already told you that exact same thing about the whistle. If you dislike it so much, I'd suggest not using it. You can't just use their argument against someone else when you invalidate it for yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part is this very reason..

I've been hunting down so many alliance at flightpaths just standing there AFK lol.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    You know, people have already told you that exact same thing about the whistle. If you dislike it so much, I'd suggest not using it. You can't just use their argument against someone else when you invalidate it for yourself.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding. I don't dislike the whistle. I think the whistle is great and I actively use it all the time.

The fact it's so good is what concerns me for reasons mentioned in my first post. The item quickly transports you from point A to point B, even faster than flying would, and only has a 5 minute cooldown, which is something Blizzard is typically against.

I don't want it to be nerfed, but at the same time, I could definitely see it being nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    Yeah and while we're at it let's remove flight points all together! I mean why remove flying if flight points are still a thing? And running too! Our characters are not infinite pools of energy they can't run 24/7, so why not have a sprint bar or just remove it all together and have the walk speed be our max speed? that way we can truly get a sense of how big the world really is! And why do we have a UI? it just gets in the way of us seeing the world (of warcraft) all around us. My immersion is broken when I'm walking and suddenly that flower behind me (which now that I think about it why isn't the camera locked to first person? we don't have 3rd person cameras IRL!) is covered by some imaginary spell bar. While we're at it, why do racial languages appear as english to those that "speak" them? Every player should have to learn what every word of their race's language means because otherwise that's not immersive. And why can thrall speak to my alliance character? Why can Varian speak common and orcish at the exact same time? that's clearly not realistic.
    That was a beautiful metaphor for pc/sjw minds, lol. /slowclap
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Yes you can teleport out of where you are. You still have to ride to get there though...