Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How come nightborne all look the same?

All the males the same, all the females the same. For such a diverse and thoroughly detailed area/zone/city - even the various NPcs have different pokes, unique voice files, etc.. a bit surprising it's the one model for each gender.

The female is at least one of the nicer Night elf female faces, but the male -- he ugly and so stuffy, doesn't look like the same face in this pic.

Anyway, the whole thing is cool but the nightborne are a bit ugly. Gimme blood elf any day, and wow, for a change an elf male that makes the night elf male look good.

Suramar = beautiful
    Nightborne = wtf

I wonder if the story will end up with a healed nightwell and this would restore them to their former night elven state. I hope so, - otherwise I hope if they stay nightborne we'll get some variation. AT least they have children models, joining very select few of races that have child models. Don't half the sub-races not even have female models?

Satyr female model?

That's racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    the nightborne look great.

- - - Updated - - -

Gimme blood elf any day
    then go and hang out in silvermoon, the shal'dorei arent blood elves.

but the male -- he ugly and so stuffy
    they look fine.

Formerly known as Arafal

I fully believe they look weird intentionally. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable because they're an entire race which has mutated due to their circumstances. As I said, it's a bit Uncanny Valley-ish but it fits the narrative perfectly. I personally think Blizzard did a great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not a playable race. Spending an awful amount of time on designing unique faces/hair/skins for that would be a tremendous waste of time for character artists.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

My couch psychology tells me you have some serious self-image problems if you're finding issues with 'ugly' races in a video game fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    My couch psychology tells me you have some serious self-image problems if you're finding issues with 'ugly' races in a video game fantasy world.
    hey everyone appreciates some eye candy, but, they're just not doing it for me. Their city is though, it's amazing, wish Silvermoon had that sort of detail, with it's reds and golds and whites, would be glorious.

I am liking the night/moon/stars theme though, has a serenity and beauty to it, more tranquil than glorious. but them people...

10+ Year Old Account
    same face syndrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Female satyr in the Legion artbook.

Deleted
    Eh, I dont know. Personally I play horde because of my RL friends and I can ONLY play blood elf, because i find the other races simply too ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by kuehlschrank View Post
    Eh, I dont know. Personally I play horde because of my RL friends and I can ONLY play blood elf, because i find the other races simply too ugly.
    That sounds more like you're being extremely boring, like people who only play human on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by kuehlschrank View Post
    Then I guess you are in the same self-image boat as the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    That sounds more like you're being extremely boring, like people who only play human on Alliance.
    I main Human chars but I even do stuff on Night Elves etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Then I guess you are in the same self-image boat as the OP.
    I never understood why people think their pixels have to look good. Did Jrpgs start this crap? When I started online MMOs you got a Sprite with a square head and you liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I main Human chars but I even do stuff on Night Elves etc etc.
    Aim for a character of every race. Variety is the spice of life Mr. Lightsong. Dwarf warriors look the best and gnomes are fun.

I don't like blood elves but I still play one, I Headcanon her as being a massive bitch nobody likes

Because they are mobs that are not playable. They do not look all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I never understood why people think their pixels have to look good. Did Jrpgs start this crap? When I started online MMOs you got a Sprite with a square head and you liked it.
    It's complicated and I'm too lazy to put much thought into explaining it properly, but essentially people see part of their lives within the game. They use it as an escape from reality. They associate their real life identity with their online avatar. If you're sexy and cool and powerful in a game it makes you feel better about your overall self-perception.

You might be a fat ugly failure in reality but if you spend every waking hour in game, where you're a slim attractive elf who slays dragons and defeats demons and saves the world, then that's all that counts. You don't have to worry about the real world, you're in a mythic raiding guild, you've made it big!

It's complicated and I'm too lazy to put much thought into explaining it properly, but essentially people see part of their lives within the game. They use it as an escape from reality. They associate their real life identity with their online avatar. If you're sexy and cool and powerful in a game it makes you feel better about your overall self-perception.

You might be a fat ugly failure in reality but if you spend every waking hour in game, where you're a slim attractive elf who slays dragons and defeats demons and saves the world, then that's all that counts. You don't have to worry about the real world, you're in a mythic raiding guild, you've made it big!
    Sad. Poor elf players :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Female satyr in the Legion artbook.

I'd tap that.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    I'd tap that.
    you are sick lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    That's racist.
    some nightborne are males & some are females, is it sexist too?
    Hi