Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Because the high end SPriests keep telling them SP is fine...
    While your post was sarcastic, I truly believe your first phrase is actually sincerely true. There is a small, but elite group of priests situated at the highest end of raiding who love where priests are right now. They want priests to remain an "exclusive" class, one that displays a clear divide between them and the "casuals". There's a saying that goes around the game that there are only two kinds of spriests. They are either terrible to the point of uselessness, or the best players you ever grouped with, with pretty much zero middle ground. It's a class where the hyper-elite can literally stroke their egos just by logging world of logs and getting automatic orange parses every single pull, because (a) so few people are playing the class, and (b) it's so difficult to excel with (heavy reliance on modding, mechanical knowledge, and perfect internet connections). It's pretty much an elitist's wet dream, and they will fight hard to keep it that way. Git gud, or git out.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-09-10 at 01:13 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    While your post was sarcastic, I truly believe your first phrase is actually sincerely true. There is a small, but elite group of priests situated at the highest end of raiding who love where priests are right now. They want priests to remain an "exclusive" class, one that displays a clear divide between them and the "casuals". There's a saying that goes around the game that there are only two kinds of spriests. They are either terrible to the point of uselessness, or the best players you ever grouped with, with pretty much zero middle ground. It's a class where the hyper-elite can literally stroke their egos just by logging world of logs and getting automatic orange parses every single pull, because (a) so few people are playing the class, and (b) it's so difficult to excel with (heavy reliance on modding, mechanical knowledge, and perfect internet connections). It's pretty much an elitist's wet dream, and they will fight hard to keep it that way. Git gud, or git out.
    Who are these shadow priests that have so much influence on the devs that they decide what the spec plays like? I can tell you, most of the front figures in the shadow community acknowledge the flaws with shadow right now. Especially in regards to dungeons & solo content, which is pretty dreadful. Blizzard is simply not listening to anyone. Being satisfied with the general playstyle of the spec doesn't mean that you don't wish improvements could be made, or that you refuse to acknowledge weaknesses within the spec. Neither of those are actually happening within the 'elite' you speak of. I'm personally pretty happy with how the spec plays, but the sheer lack of AoE tools is unacceptable and ramp up (several layers of it in fact) makes the spec unpleasant to play outside of raids. The level 100 row is also a fucking mess as we've been trying to tell Blizzard for months, but they seem to be perfectly ok with shoving Surrender to Madness down our throats. With that being said, it also can't be denied that in raids, shadow will be one of the top specs to bring along - does that make up for the suffering in other areas? No, absolutely not in my opinion (there might be some that do think it makes up for it), but it is most certainly a true thing to say. Perhaps you (and others) are missing that particular nuance here.

On a sidenote, it's pretty jarring to see Blizzard acknowledge ramp up as a problem for warlocks (it is, to be fair) and not mention anything about shadow's ramp up which is even worse and hurts shadow even more in dungeons & solo content than it does warlocks. One can only hope that other specs will get the same love (I'm sure balance druids could use some help in that regard too) that warlocks are going to receive. I'm skeptical, but we'll see.

Oh I missed you Isentropy. Good to see you around. I agree with your post, tho I still feel like some people are doing their best to justify shadow revolting weaknesses/design flaws just because of STM strength. Maybe I assumed wrong that they were the "elites" because of their claims.

But yeah, I really feel like there is a schism in the shadowpriest community :/ (the whole schism is disciplin thing damnit !)

Homophobia is so gay.

To be honest, and as I've stated in another thread, the best thing for them to do with shadow is to remove it as a spec, and give the priests who wish (there are people playing exclusively shadow, like myself) the option to switch to another class while retaining levels/artifact power/reasearch, quests, etc....but that will not happen simply because of the chance that many people would change to another class and the (already low) number of healers would drop even further. All this since it is obvious that they have no intent to fix the basic issue that we're crying about since beta, denying the issues exist, or simply straight out ignore the existence of the spec in general - as seen on last nights QnA.

I am at the point where the only thing keeping me on playing shadow is the fact that I can not invest the time to level another class, and get up to the point where I am at with my shadowpriest right now (in regards to storyline, gear, artifact power, etc...). To elaborate on this further: I moved my schedule around a lot to be able to squeeze as much playtime as possible in the first week after the launch, which in turn means that even getting to this level of progression with another class starting at level 100 would require me to spend more than the week I already spent (not to mention that I would be skipping raiding with my guild for a while).
    Last edited by Palaryel; 2016-09-10 at 04:41 PM.

Disc Holy/Shadow DPS plz. I want to Smite hard.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Any of you got the legendary ring, the twins painful touch?
    Tooltip says it spreads the dots to 3 targets in 10yds, but from what I experienced, it actually refreshes the dots, not spreads. Meaning that if there are no dots on the mobs, no dots are refreshed and nothing is applied. Is this actually how its intended to work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaryel View Post
    I am at the point where the only thing keeping me on playing shadow is the fact that I can not invest the time to level another class, and get up to the point where I am at with my shadowpriest right now (in regards to storyline, gear, artifact power, etc...). To elaborate on this further: I moved my schedule around a lot to be able to squeeze as much playtime as possible in the first week after the launch, which in turn means that even getting to this level of progression with another class starting at level 100 would require me to spend more than the week I already spent (not to mention that I would be skipping raiding with my guild for a while).
    This, this and this.

I took 1.5 weeks of work just so I can gear my spriest and get it ready for raiding, now that I am 845 with pretty much BiS I have no other choice but to stick to my spriest, even though we are garbage in pretty much everything other than raiding with S2M, 3s and maybe RBGs (say that we aren't the worst dps spec for mythic+ by far, I dare you).

And you know, at the end of the day when a big portion of the players regret that they picked that class because of how bad it is in most situation but can't reroll a new one then you have a huge game balance design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Tooltip says it spreads the dots to 3 targets in 10yds, but from what I experienced, it actually refreshes the dots, not spreads. Meaning that if there are no dots on the mobs, no dots are refreshed and nothing is applied. Is this actually how its intended to work?
    Unless they changed how it worked from the final beta days leading to launch, when I messed with it, it was -

Spreads the dots on the target of your mind sear when you first enter voidform to 3 other targets; If you had no dots up, it would spread nothing. If you only had SW:P, it would just spread SW:P. Likewise for VT, and of course, with both dots up, it spreads both.

The dot spread is only 10 yards, which is really small. Mobs have to be pretty much clumped on top of each other.

The dot spread didn't account for other active dots, meaning if you had 5 mobs, and 3 of them had dots on them already, your dot spread might still "spread" to those with the dots on them and simply refresh their duration, instead of spreading to mobs without dots on them.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-09-10 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Yes, it spreads to 3 extra targets. If there are 2 or less targets available, it "spreads" to itself, refreshing both dots to their maximum value (calculating pandemic).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Yes, it spreads to 3 extra targets. If there are 2 or less targets available, it "spreads" to itself, refreshing both dots to their maximum value (calculating pandemic).
    Yea but, as Dawnrage said, it spreads the dots that are applied to the target you use for mindsear... if you sear a target that has no dots at all, you spread nothing (which is what always happened to me). The tooltip is kinda confusing and wrong imo... it doesnt say the spread is based on the target of the sear.

yeah this ring sucks ass since it got ultranerfed for no reason whatsoever.

It used to have no target limit. Or at least they could have put a 5 target limit because we won't be able to sustain more than 3 infinite dots anyway due to all the insanity generation nerfs/dots durations nerf.

Homophobia is so gay.

does anyone know if getting sphere as the 2nd golden is worse than CttV if i just want to do dungeons for now? or is the 5% not noticeable for AoE?

Deleted
    Shadow isnt to much fun when you Quest. You cant use your voidform Potential. Why cant shadow get insanity regenreration outside of combat? At least just in the outside world. I mean come on that ramp up time sucks for lvling. For me its bad design.

Maybe 1 insanity per second Generation if out of combat until you have 30 insanity.
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2016-09-10 at 11:37 PM.

Just got my 2nd legendary, the belt this time from the Dreamweaver WQ Chest. Pretty Happy with the Ring and the Belt

Just got my 2nd legendary, the belt this time from the Dreamweaver WQ Chest. Pretty Happy with the Ring and the Belt
    ... i have no words

meanwhile I'm still waiting on that "bad luck protection" ... i have yet to see any legendaries. I got 2 loots from all the mythics this week and both of them were garbage. All of my world quests reward me with mastery/vers or crit/versa gear or holy relics.

feelsbadman

Homophobia is so gay.

So a nice little easter egg for shadow priests. Beat Odyn at the halls of valor then talk to him for a special dialogue sequence for shadow priests only.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    ... i have no words

meanwhile I'm still waiting on that "bad luck protection" ... i have yet to see any legendaries. I got 2 loots from all the mythics this week and both of them were garbage. All of my world quests reward me with mastery/vers or crit/versa gear or holy relics.

feelsbadman
    :'(

Have to say the rotation and gameplay feels much better with 3 charges of MB. My use was pretty bad in HoV Math just now I guess, since I have no Weak Aura which keeps an eye on the charges etc, and I guess its better to sit on 1 charge instead of firing all of them, but it feels so flawless during execute with VB - 2xMB - VB - SW:D - MB - VB - 2xMB - VB - MB - SW:D ... and my avarage VFduration went up by like 6-11sec.
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2016-09-11 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So a nice little easter egg for shadow priests. Beat Odyn at the halls of valor then talk to him for a special dialogue sequence for shadow priests only.
    Yes! Xal'atath is a bitch and I love her. Also, "the blessing of flesh" rofl.

:'(

Have to say the rotation and gameplay feels much better with 3 charges of MB. My use was pretty bad in HoV Math just now I guess, since I have no Weak Aura which keeps an eye on the charges etc, and I guess its better to sit on 1 charge instead of firing all of them, but it feels so flawless during execute with VB - 2xMB - VB - SW - MB - VB - 2xMB - VB - MB - SW ... and my avarage VFduration went up by like 6-11sec.
    you should go with Shadowy Insight with the belt (dunno if you did)... it just makes the talent so much better and life changing. Basically you don't waste the charges like it does sometimes without the belt (the proc gives you a new charge of MB so you if you get a proc during MB you can instantly fire off another MB straight ahead). And if you get several proc => no biggie you just got more MB charges.

I want the belt so bad, maybe in 2220

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Anyone get Chrono shard yet?
    I just got it during my first time clearing that place. Haven't done anything meaningful to gauge how good it is just yet though.