Thread: The UFC Thread

To be fair to Reem, though, he did just have his bell rung. Even Rogan said you should probably leave people alone for a few days after they've been KO'd.

Had a few of my favorites on that card and they all lost. Been a Faber fan since before he was the WEC champ. Sad to see him fight like this these days, but he already has his time at the top. Was really pulling for Jojo and Jessica Eye as well.

Pretty awful PPV, felt really weird honestly. Don't know how else to describe it. Punk fight went as expected, then the Werdum fight had lots of drama during and post fight. Was super disappointed with Overeem (I'm a fanboy of his), idk he just fought lazy. Props to Stipe though, but I think Cain will be a big challenge for him.

Overall quite disappointed especially as an Overeem fanboy. Also Joe Rogan was a savage all night.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Pretty awful PPV, felt really weird honestly. Don't know how else to describe it. Punk fight went as expected, then the Werdum fight had lots of drama during and post fight. Was super disappointed with Overeem (I'm a fanboy of his), idk he just fought lazy. Props to Stipe though, but I think Cain will be a big challenge for him.

Overall quite disappointed especially as an Overeem fanboy. Also Joe Rogan was a savage all night.
    Overeem has solid striking but his chin fails him a lot. Those were solid shots from Stipe, but I never feel confident in Overeem even when he is winning fights these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDayKnucks View Post
    Overeem has solid striking but his chin fails him a lot. Those were solid shots from Stipe, but I never feel confident in Overeem even when he is winning fights these days.
    Overeem should have never let him get back up. Stipe was fucked and then he tries to choke him out? He should have just used his gnp to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Overeem should have never let him get back up. Stipe was fucked and then he tries to choke him out? He should have just used his gnp to finish it.
    Well Overeem said he "felt Stipe tap" when Joe was interviewing him. Every angle available showed the opposite. Never saw Stipe tap, but thats what Overeem "felt." His chin just likes to crack. Just like when he fought Rothwell or Browne or Big Foot. He can be winning and then just go out the second he gets touched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Overeem said he "felt Stipe tap" when Joe was interviewing him. Every angle available showed the opposite. Never saw Stipe tap, but thats what Overeem "felt." His chin just likes to crack. Just like when he fought Rothwell or Browne or Big Foot. He can be winning and then just go out the second he gets touched.
    He should have never gone for it in the first place. He should have just knocked the shit out of him on the ground. He sure as hell hasn't been the same Overeem since he got off the "horse meat".

Wow, Miocic vs. Overeem, what a strange fight.

Simpletons gave McGregor crap for resetting against Diaz ("running away"). But Overeem, man, that almost WAS running. Something was totally off about him, I feel. Don't know if that was part of the gameplan, but he almost acted as if something was preventing him from engaging. Acted kinda like you do when you got bigger problems than your oponent, like a broken nose or a busted up leg.

What a strange fight. Good for Stipe though.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    He should have never gone for it in the first place. He should have just knocked the shit out of him on the ground. He sure as hell hasn't been the same Overeem since he got off the "horse meat".
    He is definitely not the same fighter and obviously visibly smaller. It is important to remember that he also has a ton of mileage on him as a fighter. That was his 56th pro MMA fight and that doesn't include his K-1 bouts.

As for attempting the guillotine, to be fair, Overeem has a good guillotine and just under half of his submission wins are by way of guillotine. I think more times than not, he finishes that submission on an opponent he just dropped.
    Last edited by DayDayKnucks; 2016-09-11 at 03:32 PM.

If the reports about the PPV buys are correct CM Punk could be fighting in the UFC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If the reports about the PPV buys are correct CM Punk could be fighting in the UFC again.
    Dana said Punk "shouldn't" fight in the UFC again, but I doubt they want Bellator scooping him up for one of their usual freak show fights and banking off of his name.

Dana said Punk "shouldn't" fight in the UFC again, but I doubt they want Bellator scooping him up for one of their usual freak show fights and banking off of his name.
    Dana said that before the PPV buys came in and they are saying it will likely have the most PPV buys by a card without McGregor, Rousey or Lesnar since UFC 183. Somewhere in the 650,000 to 800,000 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Dana said that before the PPV buys came in and they are saying it will likely have the most PPV buys by a card without McGregor, Rousey or Lesnar since UFC 183. Somewhere in the 650,000 to 800,000 range.
    I don't doubt he sold a lot this time around. I am just wondering how much his stock dropped after how...awful he was. I don't see him generating the same type of interest the second time around. The "what if" appeal is gone. I also wonder how the UFC would go about finding another opponent for Punk. I mean Gall himself only had 2 total professional fights.

I like Phil as a person, seems legit and I love his wife to bits. I can see Punk fighting again, but he should be no where near a PPV. It'd be more of a disservice to the other fighters, if he were featured again. Can you justify him being on a Fox Sports prelim show before a PPV though? I mean, that would get people tuned in and if the rest of the prelim card is solid enough, it might earn some PPV buyins (to promote the sport itself) or is that pushing it? Just a normal fight night prelim card?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Was really hoping Poirier would get a good win against Johnson.

So, how about that 205 card? Looks pretty stacked. Can only hope the injury bug doesn't fuck it up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's hope they stay healthy because it's looking to be the best card of the year.
    BAD WOLF

Who the fuck is that? OH GOOD ONE.

lol i love this shit.

Stephens should keep his mind on Edgar. Frankie is still a top 3-5 featherweight.

Frankie is going to get him. He's pissed that he got WORKED by Aldo.