Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting the wrong relic type from world quest

Hey, iv been lvl 110 for about 4 days now, but no world quest that drops relics is for my main specc witch is resto shaman. My loot spec is set to resto always, but they always says attuned for doomhammer no matter what i do. Have even tried to kill the quest bosses in resto spec + loot spec resto. Still doomhammer relic drops...

I often log out as enhance since i often do one last quest before logging off. The relics dont pop up that often, but when they do, i seems to always be enhance spec when logging in when they do apear.

Can it really be that the relic quest gets bound to the spec you log into? Seems rather strange to me...

Your current spec has no effect on world quest rewards. They are entirely random. You are just unlucky with relic quests, but mind you its not even been a week since launch - you will get your relics soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

it's intended that world quests give you relics for your off spec even with your main spec selected in loot specialization

I am more upset that both my Assassination and Subtlety weapons have higher ilvl than my Outlaw because of bad drop luck. Have had 3 MWF Iron Relics, and I still use a blue 795 Blood Relic from questing D:

Deleted
    I have the same issue on my priest but in reverse: I only get holy relics from WQs (happened at least 3 times now) when I'm looking for shadow relics. I'm in shadow most of the time (and have that as loot spec), but I often do dungeons as a healer. So I figured it would just ignore loot spec and be unlucky enough to constantly have them spawn when I'm doing a dungeon. I'm not sure "it's random" makes me feel any better though, might actually make me feel a lot more unlucky

Okay, thats good to hear Just gotta love RNG.. Just hope im not lagging behind with relics drops when raids comes out

I have best RNG, so far frost, blood, life relics only. Not a single arcane relic.

I'm boomkin. Sad one though.

>gets extremely lucky and loots 2x titanforged Frost relics from world quests
    >mainspec is Fire

As arms, I got my first iron relic couple of hours ago. Everything else, and I really do mean everything else, has been storm. Which is for fury. That I do not play.

And don't even get me started about blood. I haven't seen ANY blood relics. Normals, heroics, mythics, world quests. No blood relics. Just storm. I'm still using a 783 blood relic I got from questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    As arms, I got my first iron relic couple of hours ago. Everything else, and I really do mean everything else, has been storm. Which is for fury. That I do not play.

And don't even get me started about blood. I haven't seen ANY blood relics. Normals, heroics, mythics, world quests. No blood relics. Just storm. I'm still using a 783 blood relic I got from questing.
    I had thought the crafted relics would be useless this xpac but so far I've bought two blood relics for Arms and Prot, though I did later get a decent dungeon blood relic for one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    had 3 relic quests this morning, 1 for off spec, 1 for 2 of my specs and 1 for my main spec

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I had thought the crafted relics would be useless this xpac but so far I've bought two blood relics for Arms and Prot, though I did later get a decent dungeon blood relic for one of them.
    Best way to get a drop is to buy one first. Spend a lot of gold = equals guaranteed drop on next run. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    had 3 relic quests this morning, 1 for off spec, 1 for 2 of my specs and 1 for my main spec
    Hope I have your luck soon! lol
    I spent way to much on an 805 crafted relic, but still haven't gotten drop for that spot (despite my joke above). If not for that 805 crafted I'd still be using a 779 green. :P

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I regret unlocking the prot artifact because I only play ret/holy and I keep getting arcane relics from world quests .__.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I regret unlocking the prot artifact because I only play ret/holy and I keep getting arcane relics from world quests .__.
    You can rest easy knowing that what artifacts you have unlocked has no effect whatsoever on world quest relics. I was getting fel/shadow relics despite only having the outlaw artifact(blood/iron/storm).

I have yet to see a single relic for my main spec. Every one is not only offspec, but also lower level than the ones I already have.

getting lots of blood relics on my warlock i only need 1 and already have 850 with bis trait ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I'm a prot pally, I haven't unlocked my 3rd relic (arcane) yet and from every world quest I get arcane relics. I really need the other two since the iLvl of my weapon is only 815 but all I get is arcane. I've gotten like 20 of them and nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    it's intended that world quests give you relics for your off spec even with your main spec selected in loot specialization
    As holy pala I only seeing fire (mage) relics

I've only gotten arcane relics and one which wasn't.

From what I've seen, as long as you need Life relics and Int trinkets, you're in good shape. All others should look elsewhere. :P

- - - Updated - - -

What if... we all selected our off-spec as our loot priority? Would we then see relic and trinkets for our (hidden) MS?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"