Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    Something I've always found odd is the apostrophe to separate some names of characters and places from different unrelated cultures: Ner'Zhul, Kel'Thuzad, Vol'Jin, Sin'Dorei. I'm sure there's plenty more, those are the ones that come to mind though. Maybe they were all influenced by some titan language conventions or something like that.
    It's just classic fantasy cheese - Neil Stevenson mocks it at length in his novel about a fictional MMO - Reamde, and it even has a trope - http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ctuationShaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This is really bottom of the barrel complaint honestly. Not surprising the person that agrees with you has a massive habit of being a massive complainer to. Even back in the Ulduar days, it never really bothered me what they were referenced to. I still don't care because it's not a big deal.
    Well when you're in a forum that's 99% complaining what else can I do? I try to be positive on here but people bat that shit down with negativity and I just stop trying. So i join in on the complaining. It's a good time waster at work to be honest.

People here can't seem to understand what I'm trying to get at so I'll just stop bothering trying to explain. Trying to explain something to someone on here is almost impossible because right away I'm just complaining and have nothing worth discussing because "who gives a shit". So don't mind me just another complainer here.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-11 at 08:32 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I loled at the name "Kudzilla" in the Darkheart Thicket Dungeon. The Godzilla wannabe.

Deleted
    As a hunter I killed a legion dude named Hakkar. And no, not the troll blood god, sadly :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Until the Norse Gods decide to give Blizzard a copyright strike, I really don't care.

As for the spelling mistakes on buffs or whatever, reporting these errors to Blizzard is a hundred times more useful than posting a thread they will never read.
    Man, the day Blizzard receives a copyright strike from the Norse Gods, Ragnarok will be upon us all (And every other game companies that draws inspiration from Norse mythology).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

It's almost like even in the real world. There are millions of people with the same name. Man that George he was a real card... What George am I talking about? You tell me! And man that john.... John did so much... Oh and Jesus... The one who walked on water and turned water into wine? No the thousands of kids who we're named Jesus. Durrrr idiots

Deleted
    You could just ask Blizz for a complete list of named npc's and try to make unique, non-repetitive yet suiting names for them yourself. I bet even after say 100 names we can make tons of complaints already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Hmm i think i should explain myself, when you write book, you have to fix every mistake before publishing it. I expected the same thing from the biggest company - Blizzard. It hurt me because i care about story and i hate when they dont even try. But yeah, call me kid, thats the most difficult thing you can do.
    Not a single book in history has been published without flaws. Even if a book goes through rigorous checks at the publisher, there are ALWAYS flaws left. Your comparison is fitting, but doesn't have the effect you desire.
    Last edited by mmocc75e6e67f4; 2016-09-11 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    As a hunter I killed a legion dude named Hakkar. And no, not the troll blood god, sadly :/
    Hakkar the Houndmaster was actually created first in the War of the Ancients trilogy. Hakkar the Soulflayer was created later, because Blizzard forgot that name had already been taken.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Hakkar the houndmaster? Where was he?
    Hunter order hall campaign

Deleted
    Actually, your mum failed at creating people.

7+ Year Old Account
    hakkar the hound master existed for ages.

he isnt new.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    hakkar the hound master existed for ages.

he isnt new.
    I wouldn't know... I think. Can't remember ever coming across the name in WoW before. (I do not partake in any lore outside of the blatant lore pushed into your face while playing. Skip cutscenes/dont read questlogs/no-sound ingame)

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know... I think. Can't remember ever coming across the name in WoW before. (I do not partake in any lore outside of the blatant lore pushed into your face while playing. Skip cutscenes/dont read questlogs/no-sound ingame)
    he only shows up in WotA trilogy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    For example Odyn, Fenryr.. Its like they arent even trying..
    Its Odyn in World of Warcraft to avoid being hampered by the lore of Odin. It was Odin as death god, who "raise" the fallen warriors not the Valkyrie, they only gathered the souls of the fallen. Now they can have Sylvans trap a minor deity in here project to raise new undead, insted of the supreme god (titan construction?) in the panteon.

Deal with it. The Vrykul and the Titan Watchers are basically the vikings and Norse mythology, the old gods are a not-so-subtle nod to Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, Harrison Jones is Indiana Jones, and his questline in Uldum is Raiders of the Lost Ark(which takes place in a zone that may as well have a big fucking sign saying "Almost Ancient Egypt"), if Blizzard basing stuff on other stuff(with slightly different names) is a problem for you, you shoulda been bitching like, back in fucking vanilla, cause it sure ain't new, bro.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2016-09-11 at 11:27 AM.

People i am sorry that i annoyed you by my thread, i am cured now, it doesnt bother me anymore. Now i am normal person who cares only about the endgame. Peace and love.

I better sue all of the people who have my name. They're so unoriginal.

I bet if the following happened someone would have complained that they were closer to the real thing why did they go out and just make up names? They should have used the norse ones as that npc IS that one more or less.

odyn = odin == Fredick
    fenryr = fenrir == Felix
    thorim = thor == Ryan
    tyr = týr == Willow
    freya = freyja == Fred
    loken = loki == Thor
    hodir = höðr == Harry

Can't please everyone.....