Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How do people go trough content so slow?
    Because there's no rush?

I can't understand those authoritarian efficiency enforcers. You want to be a cyborg that ruthlessly calculates the most efficient way to complete content then execute it? Fine, but don't impose it on others.

That's exactly what's wrong with the community. You want to take your time and enjoy the game, but people rush you. Case on spot, people whining at me for not being attuned to Suramar dungeons yet only because I wanted to take it slowly, explore, try out various things, and not follow the guide to most efficient rep grind from day one. Not even mentioning all the gurus who consumed the content already 5 times over on beta. I never got a beta key. Stuff is new for me, I want to see the cinematics, read the dialogues and quest text, and not just skip skip skip auto turn in etc.

The dictatorship of "fastest way to..." and "most efficient way to..." should be pruned from this game. People who do so should stop thinking their way is superior to everyone else and trying to enforce it as the only viable way to do things.

It took me 4 days to level from 100 to 110, would take 3 if 1 day wasn't completely wasted / skipped because server was unstable and laggy (second day after launch on EU Kazzak, Outland and Silvermoon completely broke), yes I know some people did it within 6 hours of expansion launch but that shouldn't be treated as the only acceptable way of playing. You want to do it, fine. Just stop lording over those who don't follow your ways.

Deleted
    Play for fun.
    If it's not fun. Don't play.

Deleted
    It begins....

Ive said it before and i will say it again. Its all fun and games when things are shiny new, specially after not having something for a long time.

Some of the responses are funny.

Get a job
    Get a life
    Some people act as if all I did was eat, sleep and play WoW. I work from home self-employed and I was still going out most nights. I wasn't doing Mountain Dew fueled 16 hour WoW sessions like some people in here think I was. Most of my clients would probably leave me if I told them I couldn't do work for them for a week or two because of a popular MMO expansion. I even had one project that required 30,000 words to be done in two days not long after launch that came in as a rushed order.

I never get the "get a life" argument. Most of the top 500 raiders I've met in the game had "lives", a family to take care of and a job. Why does this always seem to be the argument against someone when they've done something quicker than others? My friend is a hell of a lot better than coding at I am and he makes stupid websites for fun. My first though when I see them isn't "get a life". He has one. It's doing what he does.

Some people consider their life to be World of Warcraft (which isn't me but there are people who do). Who cares? Just because there are people who do things more efficiently, they min-max or are quicker than you at doing something doesn't mean they need to "get a life".

300 world quests
    This part honestly didn't take that long. Especially if you have one of the many add-ons that show you a list of them and from there, you can zip from quest to quest. I'd start a group on the flight path for every one that allowed for group progress. Collecting all of the treasures on the broken isles and the rares took longer than the world quests. I probably spent more time flying than anything in Legion. The whistle though was a god send, I probably wouldn't have done them all if it weren't for the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    cya /10char

On topic: We don't need these farewell posts. To be truly genuine, none of us care if you decide to stop playing, even if you did state your reasons pretty well. But we do not care. If you don't enjoy the game, that's your life and you are welcome to do what you feel is best. But it's been less than 2 weeks since release. Complaining about lack of content, when you've clearly been playing 8 hours a day, is silly to me. Raids haven't been released, the PVP season hasn't started. So, take your ball, and go home.
    Thread should've stopped at this post.....we see these threads literally every expansion. No one gives a shit if you're bored already 99% of players aren't. See you around when raids release, thx for letting us know you're quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    No one gives a shit if you're bored already 99% of players aren't.
    What kind of metrics do you have access to that proves your point? How do you know if people are or aren't bored yet or what the retain looks like at this point?

The sub numbers could be 10 million again for all I know or Legion could've lost 50% of the players since the launch. I'm not saying any of those have happened but when people give out statistics, what kind of data are you using to support that?

You clearly do give a shit. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have taken the time to make your voice known in here. You'd see the thread and move on. Some people feel personally insulted when someone talks negatively about something they enjoy. Especially a game like WoW where there's a huge time investment for a lot of people. There's nothing wrong with that but saying "we don't need these types of posts" and saying "no one gives a shit" right after is hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    What kind of metrics do you have access to that proves your point? How do you know if people are or aren't bored yet or what the retain looks like at this point?

The sub numbers could be 10 million again for all I know or Legion could've lost 50% of the players since the launch. I'm not saying any of those have happened but when people give out statistics, what kind of data are you using to support that?

You clearly do give a shit. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have taken the time to make your voice known in here. You'd see the thread and move on. Some people feel personally insulted when someone talks negatively about something they enjoy. Especially a game like WoW where there's a huge time investment for a lot of people. There's nothing wrong with that but saying "we don't need these types of posts" and saying "no one gives a shit" right after is hypocritical.
    My main's 850 so I'm anything but casual....but making "I'm bored" threads a week after an expansion comes out is literally pointless and nothing but either ego-stroking or being entirely oblivious. Especially when said expansion objectively has the most initial content of any other expansion released thus far. Clearly WoW is simply not for you anymore.

Deleted
    You'd think that someone who's burnt out by a game would just drop it and move on to other things. What is that "something" that makes that person try to draw other people into their misery, and try and ruin other people's enjoyment by trying to convince they're just as burnt out and bored?

I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to side with posters like Clevin; this seems more like a "You nolifed through an expansion that wasn't designed to cater toward players who nolife through it" problem. Unless you're in a bleeding-edge raiding guild, there was no reason to power to 110 and do 300 world quests (with either the worst judgement on which ones to complete or the world's worst luck on which ones spawned for you) in a week and a half. Your title says it all, OP: you burned yourself out on it. That's not a flaw with the game, that's you trying to project your lack of self-control onto the game to absolve yourself of responsibility.

Right now, outside raiding (as those aren't unlocked yet as of this writing), there's more to do per pound than there has been since Cata launch. Chill out on the world quests, hit up some Mythic dungeons, do your Nightfallen rep questline, level up your alts to see their class storylines. Or take a break for a month and come back, and take it easy this time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can always take things in moderation. You don't have to do every world quest that pops up. I started to just do what was an upgrade for me and making sure I was catching the suramar WQs.

Deleted
    Just do the important WQ, (loot, professions and AP) I mean i do just those on two chars and I'm not burnt out, I'm also playing overwatch in between.

Deleted
    complaining about repetitive content in an MMO is like complaining that you need to shoot stuff in an FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    complaining about repetitive content in an MMO is like complaining that you need to shoot stuff in an FPS
    The problem is not repetitive content, the problem is repetetive content without reward. Why do I have to wait 1 month to unlock my order hall? Why can't I grind rep with the factions to receive the exalted rewards when they're relevant? By the time you're exalted with the factions you'll be decked in 870 gear. Those 840 epics SURE are relevant.

Legion offers a lot of content, but stop acting like it's flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestatio View Post
    Punishing to alts? You gotta be fucking shitting me, that is exactly what it isn't.

FOR ONCE you have new content when you level an alt, you call too much content "Punishing to alts"? Oh jesus can you please elaborate, cause it sounds like you want a shallow piece of shit expansion like WoD so you can park them in garrison and do all the work from there.

You get a new class hall campaign on every different alt you level, you can do the zones in different orders, you can do different professions quests, there will always be more to do than you can do.

HOW IS THAT PUNISHING TO ALTS?

Also, World Quests aren't a "complete repeat" of quests you've done. There are uniques in there and I regularly come across new uniques.
    Everything is time gated to a massive extent.

WoD is the most alt unfriendly expansion... well ever.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    The problem is not repetitive content, the problem is repetetive content without reward. Why do I have to wait 1 month to unlock my order hall? Why can't I grind rep with the factions to receive the exalted rewards when they're relevant? By the time you're exalted with the factions you'll be decked in 870 gear. Those 840 epics SURE are relevant.

Legion offers a lot of content, but stop acting like it's flawless.
    I'm not gonna question the part of the class hall cause how fast one want (not need, cause there's no need to rush, so it's a matter of wanting to) to do it is personal.

Not acting like is flawless just looking at the big picture and try to understand the design goals. What Legion offers is plenty of *alternate* paths for progressions, if you enjoy doing reputations and not doing much dungeons or other activities at the end of that road you will get reputations rewards that are still relevant to you.

If you enjoy dungeons maybe you don't have to do reputations, if you do raids maybe you don't need to do Mythic/Mythic+, you don't enjoy any of the above but you like hopping from point to point and kill stuff and do quests? World quest provide that alternate path.

So there's a reward relevant for everyone, if you want to do *everything* then yes you'll be disappointed that certain things are not relevant to you, but with the current mechanism you can *choose* what you want to do and still get something out of it without being forced to do everything because "OMG THERE'S THAT BIS PIECE THERE NOW I *HAVE* TO DO THIS REP"
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2016-09-11 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I'm not gonna question the part of the class hall cause how fast one want (not need, cause there's no need to rush, so it's a matter of wanting to) to do it is personal.

Not acting like is flawless just looking at the big picture and try to understand the design goals. What Legion offers is plenty of *alternate* paths for progressions, if you enjoy doing reputations and not doing much dungeons or other activities at the end of that road you will get reputations rewards that are still relevant to you.

If you enjoy dungeons maybe you don't have to do reputations, if you do raids maybe you don't need to do Mythic/Mythic+, you don't enjoy any of the above but you like hopping from point to point and kill stuff and do quests? World quest provide that alternate path.
    You don't see the point of criticism at all. I enjoy Legion a lot, it's probably the best expansion we've had so far, but I can understand why certain players are not happy with it. Time gated content is devastating for people who wants to progress fast and have a lot of time on their hands. If they put in the time and effort, why are they not entitled to progress faster than someone who plays a few hours a day?

Gating things such as reputation behind time gated things as well (having to wait for new dailies etc.) is in my opinion also too punishing for those dedicated enough to want to grind it faster. MMO's should always have some sort of content you can progress faster than others if you want to put in the effort, it doesn't have to be punishing to the casual crowd though. Like why is there not an option to farm reputation with all the Broken Isle factions at a rate of something like 100/hour. Those who dedicate themselves to spending so much effort would be rewarded while the rest of us can do our dailies and world quests.

A lot of the people who are targeting Legion with criticism are pointing these things out, and I can understand it from their perspective. In vanilla and BC you had reputations (vanilla not so much) that you could grind out when you hit a wall of not much else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    For as long as there has been WoW, there has been a steady stream of "I hate leveling" threads. For the record, I never had this problem... I enjoy leveling.

That said, in order to progress your weapon, you do quests and dungeons, maybe pvp or whatever (the things we generally do to level).

As we do this, the weapon gives us new powers, upgrade/modifications to old powers, and better damage and healing. For over 10 years, this is what has generally been what happens as we level.

Call it what you want, but it looks like leveling to me (just without a pretty new numeric value like "Level 121").

Even better, they have built in an enormous (sliding) experience curve in order to prevent people from getting leveled too far ahead of casual players. And if you take the developer quotes (from my last post) as they are stated, you will literally be leveling the entire expansion.

Is it good or bad? I don't know... and I don't really care. I just don't think people see it for what it is yet.
    Yeah, it is a very good system in my opinion. Keeps the sense of progressing no matter what you do.

I have pretty much always hated leveling, but 'leveling' my artifact doesn't feel such a chore, as it is something that happens as I do what I would have been doing anyways; doing Daily Quests (disguised as World Quests now), dungeons and casual PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    You don't see the point of criticism at all. I enjoy Legion a lot, it's probably the best expansion we've had so far, but I can understand why certain players are not happy with it. Time gated content is devastating for people who wants to progress fast and have a lot of time on their hands. If they put in the time and effort, why are they not entitled to progress faster than someone who plays a few hours a day?

Gating things such as reputation behind time gated things as well (having to wait for new dailies etc.) is in my opinion also too punishing for those dedicated enough to want to grind it faster. MMO's should always have some sort of content you can progress faster than others if you want to put in the effort, it doesn't have to be punishing to the casual crowd though. Like why is there not an option to farm reputation with all the Broken Isle factions at a rate of something like 100/hour. Those who dedicate themselves to spending so much effort would be rewarded while the rest of us can do our dailies and world quests.

A lot of the people who are targeting Legion with criticism are pointing these things out, and I can understand it from their perspective. In vanilla and BC you had reputations (vanilla not so much) that you could grind out when you hit a wall of not much else to do.
    I would actually praise Blizzard for this approach. It's absolutely vital that they implement some sort of system that discourages playing 24/7...of course some players will do this regardless of rewards, but I am very happy to see Blizzard are not encouraging this kind of play.

To address your point more directly, there are laws in place limiting how many hours a person can legally work either per week or in one shift. This is not meant to be unfair to those dedicated few that would work every single day of the week, for as many hours possible, because they want to earn as much money as quickly as possible. No, it's meant to create a balanced, healthy work environment....it's in the interests of the employee not the employer.

Although this is a more serious example with much greater repercussions, you get the idea.

OT: The OP has not be balanced in his game time during the first 2 weeks of Legion or healthy. Blizzard do right to try to slow down or discourage players feeling like they have to always login and play for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    I would actually praise Blizzard for this approach. It's absolutely vital that they implement some sort of system that discourages playing 24/7...of course some players will do this regardless of rewards, but I am very happy to see Blizzard are not encouraging this kind of play.

To address your point more directly, there are laws in place limiting how many hours a person can legally work either per week or in one shift. This is not meant to be unfair to those dedicated few that would work every single day of the week, for as many hours possible, because they want to earn as much money as quickly as possible. No, it's meant to create a balanced, healthy work environment....it's in the interests of the employee not the employer.

Although this is a more serious example with much greater repercussions, you get the idea.

OT: The OP has not be balanced in his game time during the first 2 weeks of Legion or healthy. Blizzard do right to try to slow down or discourage players feeling like they have to always login and play for hours on end.

Comparing work to a game that is meant to be fun, lul.

You work to survive. You don't farm a game to make a living.

Work is limited because everyone is driven by money. Society is always out to fuck someone over or get the most done for the cheapest expense. Comparing wow farming to real world work isn't even closely related.

You should be able to farm 24/7 if you want to do that, its your choice as a person to take that road. To gate that and completely hide that as an option because you want to cater to a lesser dedicated player isn't a valid reason.

Its all about longevity. If they had that as an option and weren't gating these grinds behind a timer, the content would 100% already be consumed and used by the player base. Just because you simply don't like it, or wouldn't take advantage of that option doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Its like a social justice warrior going out in public getting triggered by something they see, and want it to be banned.. they could just look away if they didn't like it. Its not directly affecting them. They just want something to be mad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerator View Post
    It's to prevent employers from forcing employees to work 24/7, while playing a game is voluntary.