Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Seriously, I don't see the problem. I had a hard time the first time around doing WQ's, maybe the second time as well.
    Im now pretty used to the terrain and all the paths and stuff. so you just need to get used to it.
    Secondly, you have goblin gliders and the flight masters whistle which makes it that you don't have to do so much on foot.
    Also it is pretty cool to find a hidden path for now the discovery of new things is outweighing the inconvenience in a while that will not be the case and I will be waiting impatiently for flying.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

While I generally like the direction they went, it seems there's very little variation when none of the zones have a very big flat arena and instead everything just becomes a maze with cliffs and canyons. And to those still complaining about the kite.. jesus, roll engineering or buy them off of AH or even the vendor in Dalaran. They're not that expensive.

Got a few headache sometimes, but Highmountain was a pain in the ass.

I didnt have any major issue with a canyon or cliffs , bu maybe I've lost 45 minutes overall from 100 to 110 because I was stuck on a object like a barrel, a tree or a rock.

Anyway, I don't think we're going to have any discussion in 3 or 4 years with a subject ¨I remember the day I enter Stormhein, it was so epic¨
    just like ¨The Day I set foot in Nagrand during TBC it was so epic.¨

Deleted
    I kinda of agree with with the OP.

I was actually sitting and looking at maps the other day and it hit me how accesible the maps in pandaria is compared to the maps in Legion.

It does feel like blizzard made the zones like mazes for the sole benefit of being a dh sometimes. Having like multiple lairs on top of eachother and death drops all over the place. Trying to reach a rare only to realize its on the other side of that small cliff that you for some reason cant climb up on, while realising you have to go all the way around to reach it for very little gain so instead you just say fuck it and move on.

Thats not really good gameplay experience to me.

I have always been a fan of the no flying things. But i'm actually looking forward to that damn thing being released now

I totally agree, the zones look beautiful but feel cramped and disorientating. The thing is that they put every small piece of land full of content, so you go from one little area to the next. I'm really missing some wide open spaces and I don't mind traveling a bit more for quests. Sometimes less is more.

Deleted
    holy shit highmountain is so terrible. probably made by the gorgrond/spires of arak designers. relaxed & open oldschool design > hectic and mazy newschool design.

Best part is when you die, and not even your ghost can fly, so you have to find your way around mountains and up them as a ghost just to res.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say, I did not enjoy Highmountain much. It felt so cramped and claustrophobic at all times, and a bit overwhelming with how little space there was to move around.

Best zone in all of WoW is old nagrand, Reason?, because it was open as fuq with a few well placed secrets in mountains at the edge of the zone.

Val'sharah was the only place that annoyed me. I didn't find any other zone incredibly hard to navigate or annoying...for me, it was MUCH less annoying than WoD zones. I did have and make liberal use of Gliders, which are easy to obtain, everyone can use, nothing is stopping you.

Flying, gliding, jumping, look if an area is designed with a 3 dimensional landscape, I want access to 3 dimensional mobility to explore it with out the headache. I get that too much mobility makes content skipable, but on the other side, not enough mobility discourages me from going out after it as well. The hook in Stormheim are a good start, but not enough of them, and other zones need them too.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2016-09-12 at 03:07 AM.

Is it much of a surprise that in a demon hunter flavored expac Blizz added a lot of cool stuff to glide off? Keep a stack of goblin gliders in your bag and have fun. I love all the new zones and how they flow. It feels more like a world to me than Draenor did.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The hilliness of terrain really annoys me in this expac.

Even if I don't die, I often take so much falling damage that I have 30% health left after 30 seconds of mounted walking. And the HP regenerates at a pitiful rate, they removed most of the accelerated regen passives from classes.
    Fighter Chow is your friend.

named "broken" isles for a reason

besides, it makes engaging maps, you cannot just hit auto-run and come back in 5min
    l2play

My issue is dying on a cliff and not being able to get back to it...

#flyingghosts at least

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Sooooo, what? Should zones be just flat surfaces without any obstacles?
    Maybe more than one path up hills?

I mean, even Mt Everest has, what?, three paths to the top.

Whereas Blizzard seems to think that the only place to put a path is on the opposite side from where the quest giver sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This is NOT about flying. Please keep flying out of this, thank you!

Well then. The most open zone we currently have in the game are Suramar and arguably Aszuna. Both of them have their fair share of artificial movement restrictions. Especially aszuna features an abundance of tiny plateus all over the place to limit movement and force people into certain paths. Other zones such as Highmountain, Stormheim and Val'Shara meanwhile are complete and utter mazes to the extreme.

They top anything seen in the game before in how little freedom they give people to find their own paths. They're more reminiscent of Guild War (1) maps with extremly limited movement options than the open world one is used to in WoW. While I like the atmosphere of these zones and think that quite a few of them were beautifully crafted I do not enjoy this change at all.

I always liked WoW because it gave me the option to find my own way, to traverse freely, because it had rolling plans and open accessible maps. One just needs to look at places such as Mulgore, The Valley of the Four Winds, Dragon Blight or Uldum to see what I mean. Yes they had obstacles in them but they weren't outright mazes with people being forced onto narrow paths as their only way of moving forward and in many cases only one right path existing. The longer I play the more cramped, suffocating and wrong these changes feel.
    I always dreamed about an expansion where it's just a huge 2x2 zone of flat nothing. Don't add rocks either, they're just artificial movement restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It does feel like blizzard made the zones like mazes for the sole benefit of being a dh sometimes. Having like multiple lairs on top of eachother and death drops all over the place. Trying to reach a rare only to realize its on the other side of that small cliff that you for some reason cant climb up on, while realising you have to go all the way around to reach it for very little gain so instead you just say fuck it and move on.
    I'm finding more and more things that just aren't worth the effort.

I don't bother killing the rares, because they always give 785s, and even though I'm a pitiful 805, that's still not much reward for the effort. I save killing them until I get their world quests.

If a treasure takes more than a couple of minutes to get, I don't bother. It gets put into the "waiting for flying" list.

And some of the profession world quests... what were they thinking? Turn in 40 ore for 75g? Sure, that makes sense. Or the Leystone Basilisks--five players competing for the few spawns, and while you can all loot them (based on faction and getting the tap), only one person can get the quest items. So you have to kill around 12-15 of them, while everyone else is trying to kill them, and you're frantically running around hoping to get first tap. Then have someone grab three at once, or have someone running behind your melee and do a ranged attack...

So not worth it...

(I will say, I've done more in this expansion than I've done any other expansion. I'm sitting at three dungeons done in the first two weeks, for instance, which is extraordinary for me--that's about how many I'd do in an entire expansion...)

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I agree that navigating the terrain can be frustrating and tedious. I understand why Blizz do it, but it doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.
    I just find the whole thing silly. By all means give us mountain terrain that we can't ride over.

However, let us CLIMB over it. There's really no reason our super-heroes shouldn't be able to climb a mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I just find the whole thing silly. By all means give us mountain terrain that we can't ride over.

However, let us CLIMB over it. There's really no reason our super-heroes shouldn't be able to climb a mountain.
    The way WoW has been going, you should consider it lucky that water isn't now deadly on contact by default.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)