Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury generation between momo?

Just a quick question. How do you guys treat fury generation after momo falls off? Do you go directly into another momo window or do you build first?

You should build first. If you are building Fury during Momentum then you are losing DPS. I VR at 70-80 Fury and FR at 60-70 Fury. That will give you 1 Throw Glaive and 2-3 Chaos Strikes.

Deleted
    Definitely build first, you want Momentum to be up when it counts. Since Fel Rush will generate upwards of 30 Fury, you should not use it when you are over 70 fury. As for VR, just make sure you're 10 below the cap; you can Chaos Strike while flying through the mob as it's off the GCD.

Then while momentum is up, use any Throw Glaive charges you got (preferably while being out of range, if it's a small mob) and then dump your Fury with Chaos Strike.

My general rule of thumb is that I'll only Fel Rush if I can guarantee myself at least 2 Chaos Strikes after. If I know the FR will take me out of range then I'll make sure to have Eye Beam, Throw Glaive, and/or 5 stack Fel Barrage up.

Deleted
    Pretty much what everyone else said.

I tend to give myself another Momentum stack only if I can fire some non Fury abilities or to keep Bloodlet going.

Deleted
    Actually nvm
    Last edited by mmoc1a4d5f9c10; 2016-09-11 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Why would you waste a time slot throwing a glaive while momentum is up? Without any haste buffs (list lust) you will only get in 3 Chaos Strikes, possibly 4 if perfect FR. Why would you waste one of those to throw a glaive? Especially if you're running Bloodlet which is the optimal build.

1. Glaive for debuff
    2. Build up fury
    2.1. Glaive if less than 5 seconds left on debuff
    3. VR at 70 (if fury caps 100), else 80 (if 110; and so on) if available, else FR.
    4. FR back
    5. Dump as many chaos strikes as you can
    6. FR at point 3 value
    7. Go back to 2.
    The debuff duration does not matter, the damage rolls. Throw glaive with bloodlet is a lot more damage than Chaos Strike. It's pretty simple really.

Not using throw glaive during momentum windows is a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2016-09-11 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    idd, 20% increased damage on glaive throw = 40% increased bloodlet damage.

On most fights its top 2 ability damage.
    It doesn't double dip, only throw glaive benefits from momentum, bloodlet only uses the initial throw glaive to calculate the DoT and nothing else.

build until ~90 > fel rush/vr > get 3 globals in with usually chaos strike/bloodlet > build back up > fr/vr > 3 globals

use eye beam/foti/fel barrage when you feel it will be most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    It doesn't double dip, only throw glaive benefits from momentum, bloodlet only uses the initial throw glaive to calculate the DoT and nothing else.
    Your sure ? It would be agaisnt their mentality of preventing DoT snapping. I never tested it myself since I was so sure thye would never do DoT snapping again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Your sure ? It would be agaisnt their mentality of preventing DoT snapping. I never tested it myself since I was so sure thye would never do DoT snapping again.
    The bleed is based entirely around the damage the initial throw glaive did. That's just how they designed it.

bloodlet definitely double dips. double check your combat logs.
    throw glaive gets a 20% boost, then dynamically bloodlet dot gets 20%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    The bleed is based entirely around the damage the initial throw glaive did. That's just how they designed it.
    it double dips. 20% increased dmg is 20% increased damage. if throw glaive hits for 100k, the dot then ticks for the bonus damage +20% more because of how the dynamic update system works. they loosely removed dot snapshotting from most classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    bloodlet definitely double dips. double check your combat logs.
    throw glaive gets a 20% boost, then dynamically bloodlet dot gets 20%

- - - Updated - - -

it double dips. 20% increased dmg is 20% increased damage. if throw glaive hits for 100k, the dot then ticks for the bonus damage +20% more because of how the dynamic update system works. they loosely removed dot snapshotting from most classes.
    It doesn't double dip. If you throw glaive for 100k, your bloodlet is going to be 200k regardless of momentum.

It doesn't double dip. If you throw glaive for 100k, your bloodlet is going to be 200k regardless of momentum.
    might want to check on that

Maybe you should?

no momo:

momo:

this took less than 30 seconds to confirm..
    Last edited by the boar; 2016-09-11 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    no momo:

momo:

this took less than 30 seconds to confirm..
    wich add-on is that ?

Deleted
    Bloodlet damage is only depending on glaives initial damage, no matter of momentum falls of directly after the initial hit.
    Your pics approve Valsh´s statement, as long as you do not show the dot was ticking after momentum fell off.

to expand on OPs question, how am i supposed to achieve the optimal 65% and up momo uptime, when i need to build up fury in between? on dummy with no buffs flasks nor anything, i get around 57-60% uptime if i make sure i have around 70-80 fury before i vr/fr for momo. only by doing back to back momos can i get the uptime of 65+ but that leads to building up fury doing momo and that's a no-no.