Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Dont rush the content.Go normal pace and then the game will be fine.Imo.
    It have nothing to do with rushing. It is called Diablo 3 syndrom. Where 90% of all progression gear/artifact takes you about few days and rest of 10% where you want optimal gear and other stuff takes months. When players reach those 90% they dont see any reason to continue becouse rest 10% is too rng and you have almost 0 chance to get on 100% so people start leaving game. Diablo 3 have same problem. When new season kicks in everyone plays it but after 1-2 weeks it is dead game beocuse players hit point where rng is too big and they stop bothering to play. Blizzard have to slow down progression. MY first week of mythic dungeons i replaced pretty much entire gear now i cant get single upgrade so i dont see any point continue playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    It's to prevent employers from forcing employees to work 24/7, while playing a game is voluntary.
    which would 100% happen because people are shitty, and taking advantage of situations is human nature.

It's only a lack of content because you rushed through it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is called Diablo 3 syndrom.
    That's a thing you just now made up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by cautiongg View Post
    Comparing work to a game that is meant to be fun, lul.
    I was comparing the idea of introducing limitations, it's not too complicated an idea. Gaming or work, the point remains.

You work to survive. You don't farm a game to make a living.
    You do realize how naive this statement is. Pretty sure a lot of people don't work at all and survive just fine, and there are definitely people who play games for a living.

Work is limited because everyone is driven by money. Society is always out to fuck someone over or get the most done for the cheapest expense. Comparing wow farming to real world work isn't even closely related.
    No everyone isn't driven by money. Again I was using the example of limitations being a good thing. Once again, well done on not getting the point.

You should be able to farm 24/7 if you want to do that, its your choice as a person to take that road. To gate that and completely hide that as an option because you want to cater to a lesser dedicated player isn't a valid reason.
    Says who? You? You have no rights, this is their game and they decide the pacing, which, as I mentioned, I agree with. You can PLAY the game 24/7 if you choose to.

Its all about longevity. If they had that as an option and weren't gating these grinds behind a timer, the content would 100% already be consumed and used by the player base. Just because you simply don't like it, or wouldn't take advantage of that option doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Its like a social justice warrior going out in public getting triggered by something they see, and want it to be banned.. they could just look away if they didn't like it. Its not directly affecting them. They just want something to be mad about.
    Or maybe it's about feeling some kind of obligation on Blizzards part to discourage this type of play, which in my opinion is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    It's to prevent employers from forcing employees to work 24/7, while playing a game is voluntary.
    Or both, not allowing employees to overwork.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It have nothing to do with rushing. It is called Diablo 3 syndrom. Where 90% of all progression gear/artifact takes you about few days and rest of 10% where you want optimal gear and other stuff takes months. When players reach those 90% they dont see any reason to continue becouse rest 10% is too rng and you have almost 0 chance to get on 100% so people start leaving game. Diablo 3 have same problem. When new season kicks in everyone plays it but after 1-2 weeks it is dead game beocuse players hit point where rng is too big and they stop bothering to play. Blizzard have to slow down progression. MY first week of mythic dungeons i replaced pretty much entire gear now i cant get single upgrade so i dont see any point continue playing them.
    Maybe ,if the game is just ilvl progression for you.For me there is more than that in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    And because he gave it a name you're going to ignore his entire post? Awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    And because he gave it a name you're going to ignore his entire post? Awesome.
    I didn't ignore anything. It's still a thing he just made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Legion = diablo

You can farm same content constantly for better loot, and everything is tied to rng.

You don't believe me? Ask Jay Wilson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    You don't see the point of criticism at all. I enjoy Legion a lot, it's probably the best expansion we've had so far, but I can understand why certain players are not happy with it. Time gated content is devastating for people who wants to progress fast and have a lot of time on their hands. If they put in the time and effort, why are they not entitled to progress faster than someone who plays a few hours a day?

Gating things such as reputation behind time gated things as well (having to wait for new dailies etc.) is in my opinion also too punishing for those dedicated enough to want to grind it faster. MMO's should always have some sort of content you can progress faster than others if you want to put in the effort, it doesn't have to be punishing to the casual crowd though. Like why is there not an option to farm reputation with all the Broken Isle factions at a rate of something like 100/hour. Those who dedicate themselves to spending so much effort would be rewarded while the rest of us can do our dailies and world quests.

A lot of the people who are targeting Legion with criticism are pointing these things out, and I can understand it from their perspective. In vanilla and BC you had reputations (vanilla not so much) that you could grind out when you hit a wall of not much else to do.
    I perfectly see the criticism and I appreciate them, don't worry. I'm just providing a different perspective that in this case is simply try to explain what *I think* are the design reasons for *why* we're not seeing your scenario in terms of reward structure.

The end point is that everyone want something different, and it's not possible to make everyone happy. Every time something changes, for every scenario there wil be someone that is not happy about it, often I feel like conversations in this forum is about trying to see who's right and who's wrong, while in reality there's no right or wrong answer.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2016-09-11 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    I think people approach WQ's wrongly.

You aren't supposed to finish every single one of them every day

If you try, you're in for a huge burnout. Even bigger than in MOP, because you have 6-8 quests per zone. That's like 40 a day. If you did 300 WQs, then you were doing every single one for every day.

I just do however many I feel like. 5, 10, 15, or even none at all. I sift through the map, check the rewards and do the worthwhile ones first and foremost.

The only thing I kinda dislike are slow reputation gains and locking stuff behind Exalted rep. Exalted takes very long time to get, it shouldn't be required to get things like profession recipes ffs! If anything, exalted should be for mounts, toys and pets. Not for 850 epics or rank 3 proff recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean, he's not wrong. Mythic dungeons are easy as fuck and are mostly mechanically based rather than damaged based. Week 1 clears weren't challenging at all.
    I meant mythic raiding clears. If he's so good, I want to see the first month 13/13m HFC clears. People who complain everything in the game is easy need to have that shit down or they're just whiny tryhards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    WQ's take no time at all, you get around very quickly..
    NOT THE POINT. It's the fact that someone does them all. Every day. THEN complains that they're burned out.

- - - Updated - - -

People play at different paces, some of us do not care for the lore or enjoying the environment and such
    How sad. You play a huge game with tons of variety and confine yourself to one little corner. Fine, but as I've said more times than I care to think about...

That's your choice. Own it.

Don't bitch that a 12 year old game isn't tailored to just what you want. It CANNOT be a surprise that a WoW expansion has new levels, questing etc. If you really don't like this stuff... you should not have bought Legion. If you deal with it to get to the raid, you were informed before launch that raids were not opening right off, so you could have started later. Or you can be satisfied that you're raid ready now and relax a bit before you hit the progression stuff.

Deleted
    WQ's take no time at all, you get around very quickly even without flying and have a whistle with a 5 minute cooldown if it is in the middle of nowhere and every single one can be done quickly by these people in an hour or two which is the same time a casual player would spend doing a few possibly.

People play at different paces, some of us do not care for the lore or enjoying the environment and such and by Blizzard stopping us enjoying things like grinding out rep just because we do it quicker than others is what is annoying us and making us bored of Legion hence the threads. Just because we have geared up quicker, done all the quests in each zone and almost revered with the nightfallen and finished the zone does not mean we should get treated like the casual players do and be forced to do it at their pace.

Edit: There is nothing wrong with playing casually at all, do what you enjoy doing but you need to see it from our point of view too because we enjoy the game differently to you.
    M8 if you want to play hardcore, play hardcore. No one is stopping you from grinding 300 WQ's ten days after expac has launched, farming all the mythic dungeons etc.

But if you make the decision to play hardcore, don't complain that you burnt yourself out .

Be happy that you actually CAN play hardcore. In WoD you couldn't. There was zero content for you to do. Unless you count 50h camping Poundfist as 'content'. Or leveling all your alts few weeks after launch. I remember having four level 100's two weeks after WOD came out. It was kinda ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-09-11 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP eats entire buffet and gets fat. OP complains about lack of food and feeling sick. LOL

even if they put some ridiculous amount of content .. lets say something that would take half a year for an average casual player to finish there would be still be players who play as close as it gets to 24/7 that will complain after a couple weeks that there is lack of content..
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I'm not gonna question the part of the class hall cause how fast one want (not need, cause there's no need to rush, so it's a matter of wanting to) to do it is personal.

Not acting like is flawless just looking at the big picture and try to understand the design goals. What Legion offers is plenty of *alternate* paths for progressions, if you enjoy doing reputations and not doing much dungeons or other activities at the end of that road you will get reputations rewards that are still relevant to you.

If you enjoy dungeons maybe you don't have to do reputations, if you do raids maybe you don't need to do Mythic/Mythic+, you don't enjoy any of the above but you like hopping from point to point and kill stuff and do quests? World quest provide that alternate path.

So there's a reward relevant for everyone, if you want to do *everything* then yes you'll be disappointed that certain things are not relevant to you, but with the current mechanism you can *choose* what you want to do and still get something out of it without being forced to do everything because "OMG THERE'S THAT BIS PIECE THERE NOW I *HAVE* TO DO THIS REP"
    Precisely this. The design of Legion seems to be a lot about giving different player segments different activities to do. Since one of the main complaints about WoD was that it was all raids and not much else, this seems to be a reaction to that and, I think, a very good reaction.

Don't like repping up and don't need the gear or want the other the rewards from that rep? Then, well, DONT DO THE FUCKING REP. For the umpteenth time, make you choices and own the consequences.

Hell, how do some of you function in real life without understanding the basic idea that you can and should control your choices and that you take responsibility for those choices??

- - - Updated - - -

It is not the 'lack of content' there is a lot to do, it is the fact we get gated with casual players when we enjoy playing the game quicker which is the issue and all these lot are doing is saying it should be this way. Not everyone plays slow, not everyone enjoys doing the same thing but people seem to not be able to wrap their heads around this.

I have under 3 days played at 110 on my main and have done all of this so its not like I sat for 18 hours a day doing it either, it just shows that even if you do not play a lot each day you can still do this content quickly.
    And you KNEW raids were delayed, that mythic 5s had a weekly lockout etc. You != center of the universe.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-09-11 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give up arguing with you lot. You seem to think the way YOU play is what is right when no one person is the same as the other and someone who has a different opinion or plays differently is wrong and yet calls us the whiners.
    No, I don't think the way I play is the only way. Never said that. What I DO think is that if you blitz through content you're CHOOSING TO DO THAT. You simply refuse to acknowledge that you are making a choice or you refuse to accept the consequences of that choice. That's on you. No one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Right... that's kind of my point - the people who have been 110 for ten days (when the expansion is about 12 days old) rushed to 110 and *deliberately* did tons of WQs. YOU don't get to do that and then say "Gee, I'm burned out..." Of course you are, you CHOSE to do all of that in order to get raid ready. Own that choice to play that way.
    im not saying im burnt out, i was saying that it is possible to have done that many, because you said it wasnt lol
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

1 week of mythics, 845 gear. Emissary takes 15 mins a day. And I only did suramar because it's forced. Other then that there really isn't anything to do. Especially since they seem to make PvP worse each expansion.

Please enlighten me if you guys don't farm daillies, coz you think 300 is alot. What you do in game because there's absolutely nothing atm. Except for 15 min of emmisary, maybe daily hc.

The game has been out 12 days and you've done 300 world quests. That's 25 per day. I don't get how people expect to play this hard and not get burned out.