Thread: Heroes of M&M 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Actually, no it wasnt.. a high level hero could solo a stack of like 300 dragons from what I can remember but more importantly, using a hero meant you didnt take any losses. Even if it died, you could just drag its carcass back to town and resurrect.
    Is that right? I had no idea! At what level do they get decent? Now I want to try it but it won't work on win10........or will it?

What I absolutely hated about Heroes 4 was the micro. The enemy could send a single goblin without a hero to grab your mines or even unguarded towns. Thats was pretty stupid and annoying. Thats one thing Heroes 7 did better. You couldnt lose the mines and dwellings before you lost the town guarding them.
    I thought they abolished bold in 7 because people disliked that. I didn't like that you auto took possession of the region once you conquered the governing town. I did share your annoyance of italics though.

- - - Updated - - -

So is there a Heroes in the works that's anticipating quality in graphics, game play, and absence of most bugs? They've really skimped on the number of factions and really lacked imagination for what they did give you. They give you bare bones with game breaking bugs and can't understand why nothing sold as well as 3; I know 3 was by 3DO. I saw an interview with the devs for 6, and they exuded "so what?" when asked about all the bugs in their abomination.

There are far too many humanoid types like assassins and faceless in 6. Besides a color scheme for each troop type, I was really unimpressed with the direction they took Dungeon, and thought wtf with the Japanese/water troops.

Actually, no it wasnt.. a high level hero could solo a stack of like 300 dragons from what I can remember but more importantly, using a hero meant you didnt take any losses. Even if it died, you could just drag its carcass back to town and resurrect.

What I absolutely hated about Heroes 4 was the micro. The enemy could send a single goblin without a hero to grab your mines or even unguarded towns. Thats was pretty stupid and annoying. Thats one thing Heroes 7 did better. You couldnt lose the mines and dwellings before you lost the town guarding them.
    I actualy agree with this.

and yes, well leveled hero with a bunch of very cheap immortality potions could solo damn near everything, which freed up your creature armies to guard your towns and resource generators. while it could be annoyed that enemy creatures could grab them - unlike prior versions, I could actualy set my own armies to guard them. which is what I tended to do with creature armies - especially since they didn't even need a hero to travel to their destination. the fact that I didn't need to go to creature or resource generators with a hero just to pick up resources weekly? was to me an amazing addition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    So is there a Heroes in the works that's anticipating quality in graphics, game play, and absence of most bugs? They've really skimped on the number of factions and really lacked imagination for what they did give you. They give you bare bones with game breaking bugs and can't understand why nothing sold as well as 3; I know 3 was by 3DO. I saw an interview with the devs for 6, and they exuded "so what?" when asked about all the bugs in their abomination.

There are far too many humanoid types like assassins and faceless in 6. Besides a color scheme for each troop type, I was really unimpressed with the direction they took Dungeon, and thought wtf with the Japanese/water troops.
    I think they problem is that the series isnt that popular overall, at least not when compared to Ubisofts other games. So even though 7 is awful, at least they're still making them (if they still are after this one) unlike most other companies. They just try to get by with minimal budgets and don't give the teams enough time to properly test it and sort out the bugs.

As for the color scheme and humanoids, I wouldn't consider it a flaw, more like your preference. I actually liked it as it gives you the sense of a faction, unified army, not just a bunch or random mobs herded together. And humanoids.. well, unless its some kind of beast master faction, if you're playing, say, elves, it would make sense that most of their army is composed of various elf troops, archer, rider and so on, with maybe a few beasties thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played HoMM since the 2nd one (and have gone back to even enjoy the first one for what it is).

7 is pretty disappointing overall as most people here have pointed out. I did buy it and I feel bad for buying it but I consider myself a diehard of the series and would love for it to spring back to popularity.

The only real thing I enjoyed in 7 was the art style. the rest of the game was pretty bad unfortunately. Also ran extremely hot on my CPU when I played it. No idea if that has been fixed... and no real care either.

HoMM6 reminded me a lot of Disciples 3. both seem like great games i just cant get through them. thought about picking up 7 but didnt want to waste the money again. loved all the previous ones.

I think they problem is that the series isnt that popular overall, at least not when compared to Ubisofts other games. So even though 7 is awful, at least they're still making them (if they still are after this one) unlike most other companies. They just try to get by with minimal budgets and don't give the teams enough time to properly test it and sort out the bugs.

As for the color scheme and humanoids, I wouldn't consider it a flaw, more like your preference. I actually liked it as it gives you the sense of a faction, unified army, not just a bunch or random mobs herded together. And humanoids.. well, unless its some kind of beast master faction, if you're playing, say, elves, it would make sense that most of their army is composed of various elf troops, archer, rider and so on, with maybe a few beasties thrown in.
    The biggest issues I have is the bugs, the rest is simply icing on the cake, though they really needed more factions. So much of 6 depended on the incomplete conflux, and campaigns and weapons weren't accessible when their servers went down.

2's cartoony graphics were ok for its time and 3's was great. Having 4's graphics regress was disappointing but I skipped 5 when I saw it. Did 5 go down to 5 or 6 troops per faction as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved 2 the most, it was fun for me and my friends. I have them all except 7, will get it one day it is very cheap on the steam summer/winter sale. That game has got so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    2's cartoony graphics were ok for its time and 3's was great. Having 4's graphics regress was disappointing but I skipped 5 when I saw it. Did 5 go down to 5 or 6 troops per faction as well?
    Actualy 5 had, I think, best unit setup. 7 tiers and in the last expansion they added alternative upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Actualy 5 had, I think, best unit setup. 7 tiers and in the last expansion they added alternative upgrades.
    Yep, 5 is my favorite, maybe because 3 came out a bit before my time and I couldnt get into it because of those pixelated 2d graphics. Still, the music and stories were awesome. 6 had better aesthetics but I didnt exactly enjoy the dumbed down gameplay and it was just boring and generic. But 7.. lawdy! I expected the visuals of Heroes 6 with the gameplay of earlier games but it failed on both fronts.. miserably!

Deleted
    5 is my fav too.

I really enjoyed Might & Magic: Duel of Champions (card game) - too bad it's gonna shut down in October.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played a lot of the 2nd and 3rd ones with my brothers when we were younger, I got the 4th one and that was BY FAR my favorite. 5th one I didn't know came out until a few years ago, I got it, but just hated it. Even on the super easy difficulty it got too hard in some places. Losing even one level 4 unit seemed to set me back when I played and heros just didn't make a difference it seemed like in the other ones. I don't even think I beat the 3rd campaign mission before shelving it and reinstalling the 4th one for a playthrough of all 6 of the campaigns.

I never knew there was a 6th or 7th one, I have no interest in them. I sure wish I had the old box set that had the first 3 in it. I'd play those again over the 6th and 7th from what the other posters are saying.
    -----Marzix-----
    ---Hellscream---

Quote Originally Posted by marzix View Post
    I played a lot of the 2nd and 3rd ones with my brothers when we were younger, I got the 4th one and that was BY FAR my favorite. 5th one I didn't know came out until a few years ago, I got it, but just hated it. Even on the super easy difficulty it got too hard in some places. Losing even one level 4 unit seemed to set me back when I played and heros just didn't make a difference it seemed like in the other ones. I don't even think I beat the 3rd campaign mission before shelving it and reinstalling the 4th one for a playthrough of all 6 of the campaigns.

I never knew there was a 6th or 7th one, I have no interest in them. I sure wish I had the old box set that had the first 3 in it. I'd play those again over the 6th and 7th from what the other posters are saying.
    dude!

https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic
    https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_m...2_gold_edition
    https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_m...mplete_edition

and they periodically go on sale, sometimes at 75% of currently listed price.