Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    for some reason tho they turned his eyes back to blue/silver with his new model.
    They are green which is the colour of his eyes in HotS and Hearthstone's portrait. Blizzard doesn't bother to explain it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-09-11 at 12:15 PM.

wasnt malf the important one at birth because he had antlers?

All the talk about golden eyes was totally unnecessary, really. They basically tried to make something up without having the need to do so at all.

You go to Silithus and you'll find dozens of elves with golden eyes manning their posts as ordinary guards. Same applies for many other, randomly generated night elf NPCs. Shows you how they've only recently come up with this "golden eyes = uber destiny" thing and never thought about it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    All the talk about golden eyes was totally unnecessary, really. They basically tried to make something up without having the need to do so at all.

You go to Silithus and you'll find dozens of elves with golden eyes manning their posts as ordinary guards. Same applies for many other, randomly generated night elf NPCs. Shows you how they've only recently come up with this "golden eyes = uber destiny" thing and never thought about it before.
    ฺIt was a thing since the trilogy which were published pretty long ago. It's just that Blizzard tends to forget their own lore. Azshara in Cataclysm had blue eyes until people had to remind them of their own lore and they changed them to gold.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    No, that was Broll Bearmantle.

7+ Year Old Account
    he didnt have antlers till his master druid stuff.

here's young malfi without antlers.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    ฺIt was a thing since the trilogy which were published pretty long ago. It's just that Blizzard tends to forget their own lore. Azshara in Cataclysm had blue eyes until people had to remind them of their own lore and they changed them to gold.
    Yeah, I mean't game-wise. They're neglecting it since vanilla.

Deleted
    Doesn't have all Night Elf Males Golden Eyes now?

And weren't Malfurion and Illidan supposed to be fraternal twins? After all, not even their face structure looks similar and they also have different hair colors.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Doesn't have all Night Elf Males Golden Eyes now?

And weren't Malfurion and Illidan supposed to be fraternal twins? After all, not even their face structure looks similar and they also have different hair colors.
    They were supposed to look almost identical except hair and eyes. Blizzard's artist do not neccessarily stick to lore 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They were supposed to look almost identical except hair and eyes. Blizzard's artist do not neccessarily stick to lore 100%.
    Which would still make them fraternal Twins.

pretty sure theres like 10 elves in val sharah with golden eyes just at the temple of elune

7+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure theres like 10 elves in val sharah with golden eyes just at the temple of elune
    druidic training or born like that.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the first time I've noticed that he has silver eyes in game. His Cataclysm model apparently did, too. Why on earth? His vanilla model, the one used for that brief encounter that players on the Shifting Sands (I think that was it) quest chain got to see -- that one had golden eyes.

This actually bothers me a lot. Come on, it's Malfurion here. He earned his golden eyes. Gief him them nao, pls Blizz thx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Shows you how they've only recently come up with this "golden eyes = uber destiny" thing and never thought about it before.
    Actually it's really old lore that goes back as far as when the night elves were introduced. It's more likely that they forgot about it over the years, to be honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    This is the first time I've noticed that he has silver eyes in game. His Cataclysm model apparently did, too. Why on earth? His vanilla model, the one used for that brief encounter that players on the Shifting Sands (I think that was it) quest chain got to see -- that one had golden eyes.

This actually bothers me a lot. Come on, it's Malfurion here. He earned his golden eyes. Gief him them nao, pls Blizz thx.
    its blizzard, if i recall correctly they even gave azsharas model silver eyes then got reminded by the playerbase and changed it.

Formerly known as Arafal