Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    And in all those years apple stock has continued to rise........ fandroids and their sky is falling how about those toasty Samsung phones im sure samsung is going under now aswell ye?
    Sony seemed to do fine despite exploding laptops.

A fundamental hardware change is different. I remember having to replace all of my cassette tapes when CDs became the norm. It was years before CD burners were cheap enough and computers were powerful enough to convert analog media.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think people are blowing this change out of proprtion. Can any of you honestly say that there would have been this much backlack/press about the removal of the 3.5 jack if it had been an Android producer? In fact, and I wish I could find it, but I remember reading something about some android producing company that was planning to do something similar, they would be using whatever the usb connection is obviously.

Also, you lot think Apple should being having it bad atm? How bout Samsung?

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission urged owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones on Friday to shut them down and stop charging them immediately. The warning follows reports that the device’s lithium-ion batteries are prone to catching fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have a minority market share in every single area they put overpriced products out in. How does that make them the strongest brand?
    Because hipsters make a lot of noise on the internet. So that makes it look like a lot of people must "love" Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I think people are blowing this change out of proprtion. Can any of you honestly say that there would have been this much backlack/press about the removal of the 3.5 jack if it had been an Android producer? In fact, and I wish I could find it, but I remember reading something about some android producing company that was planning to do something similar, they would be using whatever the usb connection is obviously.
    If an android maker removes the headphone jack you buy another one that has one if you want it. Et tu, Apple? That is why no one gives a crap what android phone makers are doing with their phones.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    If you watched the presentation (like i did) they are including an adapter that allows you to still use the old connection.
    Watch the presentation and it will make sense why they did it.
    Because that's what we all want to be doing in 2016; carrying around a bunch of fuckin' adapters to use our gadgets properly. Don't forget to bring your USB-C adapter to class to use your USB mouse, and make sure to bring your lightning adapter to use your headphones with your iphone. Make sure to spend $120 on this Apple Adapter Case, now made with sleek aluminium unibody. The most advanced adapter-carrying case of the 21st century; also the only adapter carrying case because nobody else forces their customer base to carry around fuckin' adapters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    First of all get with the damn times. Its 2016, not 1960. You should have been using bluetooth headphones for the last few years already. We dont need to be walking around with old ass wired headphones on, getting the wires tangled in our hair, around our arms and necks, and having them be a choking hazard if they get caught on something or if someone grabs them. Additionally including a 3.5 jack prohibits them from making the phone thinner so you must like having bulky phones. Lastly, they are including an adapter for luddites so they can use their ancient headphones. Of course I wouldnt think many people who are still stuck on using old outdated technology would be using an Iphone anyway.

Now go fire up your VCR and watch some episodes of the Munsters or something
    You have to charge bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones typically sound awful. I've never had my little earbuds get tangled in my hair, arms, necks, or choke me. My Samsung S7 is perfectly sleek and not bulky at all and still has a 3.5mm jack.

So you either have to carry around your headphone adapter, OR carry around your headphone charging cable. Any sort of "bulkiness" that you save by eliminating the 3.5mm jack on the phone is counteracted by the fact you have to carry a bunch of extra shit around with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    ...that was the point of his post.

I prefer wired headphones if I'm sitting at a desk, but for everything else, my bluetooth headphones are mandatory. I can't even count how many times I've accidentally sliced through the cord on wired headphones at work.

In short, I could live without a headphone jack (even without an adapter to give me one), but I understand why others may not.

- - - Updated - - -

Spotify lets you download to play offline (I think maybe only with subscription?). It's already here.
    Absolutely, I am aware and use spotify, just saying that you never had to before updates marginalized the usefulness of itunes playlists. They were the perfect way to sort playlists for digital dj'ing until then. Makes me wonder why they did these updates that took function and convenience away... like, why fix it when it's working well.
    Ah well, I jumped ship to rekord box and pioneer cdj's for all but the most savage of environments that will destroy expensive gear (burningman, that dust...the struggle is real lol), in which I still rock the somewhat cheap Kontrol s4 mk2 and an ipad with traktor dj. Does the job well enough, doesn't shit the bed, and if it died, no tears
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have a minority market share in every single area they put overpriced products out in. How does that make them the strongest brand?
    Apple sells more phones than any competing Cell phone manufacturers. Note: Android is not a Cell Phone Manufacturer... it is an OS used by Cell Phone Manufacturers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing more then a way to force you to buy more 1st party accessories, nothing more, nothing less. This has always been apple's business model and it's always been shitty. Everyone always buys knock-off 3rd party adapters anyways. Also Apple could never make a good pair of earbuds to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Absolutely, I am aware and use spotify, just saying that you never had to before updates marginalized the usefulness of itunes playlists. They were the perfect way to sort playlists for digital dj'ing until then. Makes me wonder why they did these updates that took function and convenience away... like, why fix it when it's working well.
    Ah well, I jumped ship to rekord box and pioneer cdj's for all but the most savage of environments that will destroy expensive gear (burningman, that dust...the struggle is real lol), in which I still rock the somewhat cheap Kontrol s4 mk2 and an ipad with traktor dj. Does the job well enough, doesn't shit the bed, and if it died, no tears
    I don't know about playlist changes, as I abandoned Apple years ago. Explain?

But I will add, Netflix already killed everything but Red Box, and Sling is going to do some damage to television, Amazon has pretty much killed book stores, and so on. It's already here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They include lightning headphones and a 3.5 adapter in the box. I personally don't get why they dare remove the jack but realize it would have zero impact in my daily usage if I would get one. I don't foresee any big stock plummet.
    Water resistance; the 3.5 is hard to stop seepage and this is why you see other high end water resistant phones doing away with the jack as well; obvious over reaction from op, sky is falling omg! Bs

For me, irrelevant, I almost never use headphones on my iPhone. If I use it for music it is either in my car with an adapter or through Bluetooth, the same at home. Outside of being in my car or in my house I rarely find time I'd listen to music in front of people where it wouldn't be rude, or they would like to listen as well which would then not require earphones and back to using Bluetooth or some dock/adapter through the Lightning port as it is a better source.

Op, make sure you go after non Apple phones that have done this too or you might just seem like a rabid biased anti-Apple-fanatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Hopefully no other manufacturers will follow this mistake.
    http://mashable.com/2016/07/23/killi.../#agvLnYLDFOq0

Apple didn't do it first, so
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    And in all those years apple stock has continued to rise........ fandroids and their sky is falling how about those toasty Samsung phones im sure samsung is going under now aswell ye?
    Only reason they continued to rise is because Apple could put their logo on a steaming pile of shit and whack a 300 price tag on it and it would still sell because of the fanbase.

Regardless of reason, they did rise and I can't see them stopping anytime soon so calling to sell them is a bit on the silly side.

In regards to the bluetooth discussion, I use my bluetooth headphones majority of the time because let's be honest, who wants wires running up their shirt when they're jogging or w/e, not to say it's not nice to have the option though. I left my bluetooth headphones in work the other day so used my old ones, bit stupid that I wouldn't be able to do that on the new iphone (no I wouldn't pay money for that extension thing). Not to mention some cars don't have bluetooth and you wouldn't be able to use the aux.
    Last edited by TJ; 2016-09-11 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Imagine being able to run at the gym and listen to music without that god damn cord flapping everywhere.
    Sooo it´s the first iPhone that has bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    In regards to the bluetooth discussion, I use my bluetooth headphones majority of the time because let's be honest, who wants wires running up their shirt when they're jogging or w/e, not to say it's not nice to have the option though. I left my bluetooth headphones in work the other day so used my old ones, bit stupid that I wouldn't be able to do that on the new iphone (no I wouldn't pay money for that extension thing). Not to mention some cars don't have bluetooth and you wouldn't be able to use the aux.
    This. Even sitting in my office, I have to move. Get something from the printer, open the door; or maybe I don't have a goddamn tentacle (ahem, wire) grabbing my arm while I'm typing. Same goes for gaming. Don't even get started about what happens out of my office. I have a pedometer app, and I routinely log 9+ miles while I'm at work.

Same goes for musician gear. Let's say Fender decided it no longer supports 1/4" jacks. Yeah.

...and my car doesn't even has an aux jack. It still has a cassette port though.... /cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about playlist changes, as I abandoned Apple years ago. Explain?

But I will add, Netflix already killed everything but Red Box, and Sling is going to do some damage to television, Amazon has pretty much killed book stores, and so on. It's already here.
    no it hasn't barnes and nobles still sell books. as do many other used book stores in my area. there's also quite a few video rental places still around here.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no it hasn't barnes and nobles still sell books. as do many other used book stores in my area. there's also quite a few video rental places still around here.
    I can get Harry Potter, The Sorcerer's Stone on Amazon Prime. I can't at my local library because they have three copies, always checked out.

Just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Water resistance; the 3.5 is hard to stop seepage and this is why you see other high end water resistant phones doing away with the jack as well; obvious over reaction from op, sky is falling omg! Bs

For me, irrelevant, I almost never use headphones on my iPhone. If I use it for music it is either in my car with an adapter or through Bluetooth, the same at home. Outside of being in my car or in my house I rarely find time I'd listen to music in front of people where it wouldn't be rude, or they would like to listen as well which would then not require earphones and back to using Bluetooth or some dock/adapter through the Lightning port as it is a better source.

Op, make sure you go after non Apple phones that have done this too or you might just seem like a rabid biased anti-Apple-fanatic.

- - - Updated - - -

http://mashable.com/2016/07/23/killi.../#agvLnYLDFOq0

Apple didn't do it first, so
    Water resistance has nothing to do with it.

The Galaxy S5 is IP67 (just like the iPhone 7) and has a headphone jack. The Galaxy S7/Edge and Note 7 are IP68 and have headphone jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The nerve to call something free at this price range.

"You know, you get a FREE umbrella if you buy this Aston Martin DB9!"
    Calling something free at the free price range.. Yeah such a stretch.

Honestly, people will buy the phones regardless and a lot of people will need the adapter.

If you don't like the phone or the direction they are trying to take it (BTW they didn't innovate the removal of the 3.5mm, it's been done before) then spend your money elsewhere and send the company a message. Sadly there are just too many brainwashed iGadget zombies who will buy the same phone every single year without thinking.

Sony seemed to do fine despite exploding laptops.

A fundamental hardware change is different. I remember having to replace all of my cassette tapes when CDs became the norm. It was years before CD burners were cheap enough and computers were powerful enough to convert analog media.
    But bluetooth headsets are cheap now big diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    The headphone adapter is anchient and takes up to much room, Time for it to go lol.

Nice bait post btw
    The headphone 3.5mm jack has been universal and in use for what 100 years? For transmitting stereo audio it is an optimal practical solution, if you remove that for a propietary then it's only because they want to sell their own brand of headphones to iphone users. Since it's fairly obvious that many people would simply rather use their own choice of headphones/in-ears from companies that provide better.

3.5mm would have been replaced long ago (like the 1/4 jack was in most non professional audio applications) if it wasn't already a optimal + practical design.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4