Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    ask yourself why there is no flying in the game right now. Obviously there aren't enough fly babies to change their design course.
    Is there or is there not Pathcfinder currently in the game. Is that no flying ever again in any future content until the heat death of the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The threads are picking up steam on the official forums with flying but it seems that there are a lot of anti flight agitators fueling the recent outbreak of threads. What is interesting to see is the recent nerfs to toys and gliders as an indication that Blizzard is hunkering down for a round 2 faceoff with the player base regarding the future of flight in the game.
    Most people dont give a shit about flying or not as long as they're happy with the content and stream of it.

Whether the threads 'pick up steam' over the course of the expansion is directly attributed to whether they deliver on their goal of more frequent content - aka patch 7.1 soon then the timing of the future patches.

If they deliver on that, then none of your threads will be 'picking up steam' im afraid. People only jump on the bangwagon out of boredom when they have nothing else to do... not because they actually care or agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Nice, hope you were smiling.
    Thank you.

And no reason. Somehow the complete and utter 180 in 2 weeks is not because of the official forums, it's just because.
    And almost certainly mass unsubscriptions.

Conspiracy theory:
    Blizzard are purposely delaying flying because they want more players to roll tanks.
    Because tanks can just ride through everything in the world without ever getting dazed or hit of their mounts. :P

The threads are picking up steam on the official forums with flying but it seems that there are a lot of anti flight agitators fueling the recent outbreak of threads. What is interesting to see is the recent nerfs to toys and gliders as an indication that Blizzard is hunkering down for a round 2 faceoff with the player base regarding the future of flight in the game.
    Care to elaborate on the boldened part? I got the impression that you are saying that the anti-flight trolls there are acting in a different way than the ones we got here.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Theres noflying in the game right now because the game is simply better without it. Whether pro-flying clowns realise this or not is another story, but then again, most of them wouldnt know whats good for the game / good game design if it was staring them in the face.

I hate to break it to you pro-flying groupies here, but Ordinator is right in every point hes making, and you're all looking pretty silly grasping at straws trying to argue laughable points back.
    Sigh, here we go again...

Blizzard removed flight from ALL WoD and future content, because it was best for the game.
    Player reaction made Blizzard flip flop.
    And from this we infer that Blizzard cares more about what players want than what they them self think is best for the game.

We know that flying is currently not enabled for Legion content, but no matter how pedantic you guys are it very much still IS in the game.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Sigh, here we go again...

Blizzard removed flight from ALL WoD and future content, because it was best for the game.
    Player reaction made Blizzard flip flop.
    And from this we infer that Blizzard cares more about what players want than what they them self think is best for the game.

We know that flying is currently not enabled for Legion content, but no matter how pedantic you guys are it very much still IS in the game.
    Blizzard is allowing you to fly in obsolete/old content when nobody gives a shit about it anymore. Grats - you can fly in the final patch/s of Legion just in time for... nobody to give a shit about it, because the next expansion will be out soon thereafter and everyones finished Legion stuff anyway.

So flying is technically in the game, of course, but its not there in a way thats relevant for anything current.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's large amount of players who does want flying at some point of expansion, but not enough to "force" it at beginning of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Conspiracy theory:
    Blizzard are purposely delaying flying because they want more players to roll tanks.
    Because tanks can just ride through everything in the world without ever getting dazed or hit of their mounts. :P
    Tanks are already godmode for world PVP and FFA PVP so I doubt that was intentional planning. The truth is Blizzard's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing. That is why you have one dev team making an awesome toy glider while the other nerfs it to the ground one week after launch invalidating precious dev time spent on the glider.

Deleted
    Blizzard is allowing you to fly in obsolete/old content when nobody gives a shit about it anymore. Grats - you can fly in the final patch/s of Legion just in time for... nobody to give a shit about it, because the next expansion will be out soon thereafter.
    Or wi will be able to fly sooner, because as the final patch comes closer Blizzard will realize they don't want another 6.2. And by the time 8.0 comes along we will have completable pathfinder in 8.0 with flying as the reward

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Care to elaborate on the boldened part? I got the impression that you are saying that the anti-flight trolls there are acting in a different way than the ones we got here.
    They start threads saying they are fine with delaying flying, removing flying, or flight isn't important to the game. Surprisingly this causes more flight threads to start, so it indicates how polarized the community has become because Blizzard has decided to make a non issue into an issue.

Basically an answer looking for a problem.

They start threads saying they are fine with delaying flying, removing flying, or flight isn't important to the game. Surprisingly this causes more flight threads to start, so it indicates how polarized the community has become because Blizzard has decided to make a non issue into an issue.

Basically an answer looking for a problem.
    So they are, in a nutshell, making the problem with Flight even more visible?

So they are, in a nutshell, making the problem with Flight even more visible?
    Ironically enough yes. The flight threads I believe would fade away till next month or two where player sentiment for flight would grow. But with agitators it is stirring up feelings in the community and creating divisions already. And even the player that are indifferent and not taking sides are starting to have to choose sides or frustrated that the have to choose a side in this Blizzard created debacle.

A clear plan for flight would have avoided all these issues, but like I said Blizzard doesn't know what its left hand is doing half its time as the right hand is doing something entirely different. This is why Legion PVP reward structure is broken compared to PVE. That doesn't instill confidence me as a potential buyer of Legion if they can't nail the reward structure down. And flight being in limbo AGAIN just like WoD is a major turn off for me.

And flight being in limbo AGAIN just like WoD is a major turn off for me.
    This is how it will be for all future expansions after the success of the model in WoD. Why are you acting like its a surprise to see it 'again'?

Deleted
    This is how it will be for all future expansions after the success of the model in WoD. Why are you acting like its a surprise to see it 'again'?
    Hahaahaahhhahahahhaahahahahhahahahahaahahhhahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahaa

If you consider anything about WoD a sucess, I don´t dare to imagine what you would consider a failure.

On the other hand, you would be the nicest Sith Lord in the galaxy. Not even ONE officer choked during your entire career.

Deleted
    On the other hand, you would be the nicest Sith Lord in the galaxy. Not even ONE officer choked during your entire career.
    But only because they were so 'succesful' in capturing all the rebels

But only because they were so 'succesful' in capturing all the rebels
    Imperial Officer: My Lord, the rebels have destroyed the Death Star!

Darth Tyrian: Excellent. The plan unfolds as I have foreseen.

Imperial General: My Lord, our troops are being slaughtered buy teddy bears armd with stones and pointy sticks!

Darth Tyrian: Proceed with the plan, General. Soon our domination of this galaxy will be complete.

If you consider anything about WoD a sucess, I don´t dare to imagine what you would consider a failure.

The flying model in WoD was a success. Thats why they're doing it again, Einstein.

The flying model in WoD was a success. Thats why they're doing it again, Einstein.
    Oh? The model where they stated that there would be no flying in WoD or any future content? That model? The ones they were forced to change in record time?

Darth Einstein.