Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The flying model in WoD was a success. Thats why they're doing it again, Einstein.
    So in Legion they are not saying anything about flying, hoping noone will notice it and they can finally take it out of the game forever? Just like the modil in WoD?

And where did you get that anything related to flying was a success in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Oh? The model where they stated that there would be no flying in WoD or any future content? That model? The ones they were forced to change in record time?

Einstein.
    The flying model whereby we're getting flying unlocked deep in the expansion / near the end after completing various pathfinder achievements.

Deleted
    The flying model whereby we're getting flying unlocked deep in the expansion / near the end after completing various pathfinder achievements.
    You do realize that it was at the end of the expansion because they forced their own hands right? No way in Helheim they would do that again. Not unless losing players and money is their hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    You do realize that it was at the end of the expansion because they forced their own hands right? No way in Helheim they would do that again. Not unless losing players and money is their hobby.
    You do realise that had everything to do with the content drought and very little to do with anything flying related... right?

Like I said, most ppl couldnt give a shit about whether they fly or not as long as they're happily doing content they enjoy.

If anything, I think its more likely you'll get flying even later this expansion if they keep releasing fresh content patches. You're only more likely to get flying sooner if there are big delays again (which very well may happen - but they've continuously expressed its exactly what they're trying to avoid).

Oh, the model that they were forced to implement hastily because the one that they wanted failed. The one that is totally not the result of long and extensive string of failures? The one who got players in the official forums strating threads and flame wars before a week had passed?

A "successful" model indeed...

Yes... the current model we've arrived at was a success indeed. And that is why they're doing it again.

Btw, did you mean 'refinement' instead of failures? I thought so.

Yes... which is why they're doing it again.
    Lawl, man. Thats funny.

Oh, the model that they were forced to implement hastily because the one that they wanted failed. The one that is totally not the result of long and extensive string of failures? The one who got players in the official forums strating threads and flame wars before a week had passed?

Nothing from WoD should be considered a success. So carrying over a failed project from WoD into Legion is going to have the same results. A round 2 showdown of players versus devs regarding the future of flight in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavella View Post
    Quite honestly, I'd rather they just keep doing it the way they're doing it now. I really don't think the amount of people who find flying mount to be a deal breaker is that significant at all. I've heard only a few people on forums say this and actually can't think of anyone I know that minds; if anything, I've only heard positive feedback.

Clearly, Blizzard thinks the same because they did it in WoD and they've decided to repeat it for Legion, which suggests a lot of people probably prefer it this way.
    I would not so humbly suggest that people still have stars in their eyes because the expansion is still very VERY new.

But I do find it interesting that, given a choice between no options ground-only, and a system that provides interesting choices, that you chose no options. This speaks volumes to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My bro offered me to buy Legion for me and I said pass. I rather my bro buy me a good supply of cheese cake and carrot cake instead for the upcoming holiday season.
    Yeah...he didn't ask me. Just showed up and handed me the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Nothing from WoD should be considered a success. So carrying over a failed project from WoD into Legion is going to have the same results. A round 2 showdown of players versus devs regarding the future of flight in the game.
    Questionable.

Take into consideration how much Blizz has already lost due to this "success" named WoD: Millions of subscriptions, a lot of consumer goodwill, and customer trust.

If anything, the results are probably going to be worse.

I mean, its not like someone out there is going to say: "YES! we only lost 2 million subs this time! Success!", right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People go for challenging content..........

Where everyone else who is playing that game is on equal footing. Someone else who chooses to play hard core is bound by the same ruleset as you playing hardcore. When it comes to competitive play, people don't want to play with handicaps. And as much as you may argue that there's nothing competitive about getting around the world faster... there is, and people feel it is. Especially for people who have work and real life obligations and time is a limited resource for them.
    You're missing the point here. The argument being made was that players will almost ALWAYS choose the path of least resistance, because that's what gamers do. I provided examples of cases where players simply did NOT choose the path of least resistance, and actively went out of their way to find a more difficult way to play.

The idea that players are ALL lazy, and all ONLY seek to ALWAYS choose the most efficient method of playing is just plain not true. There are so many different types of players and ways of playing the game, that to suggest that everyone plays in exactly the same manner is not only disingenuous, but ignorant and narrow-sighted.

I made no mention of competition. But since you brought it up, again, WHAT competition? Does WoW have leaderboards for most quests completed the quickest? Are there loot prizes that only the first people to complete the open world get? Is there content which can be won only by the top 10 players? What part of the open world has competition built into it? Show me an example that isn't 100% created from whole cloth by the community.

And besides which, how many times have I posted examples and suggestions of how to make the decision between flying and ground mounts a real, "competitive" choice?

As far as your response to me about grappling, it exists in two zones of the games. As the deva said there was originally a leveling "flow' to the zones and it was pretty obviously left toright then suramar. The grappling mechanic allowed them to make suramar city questing a lot more interesting. You have to swim through canals and run across rooftops to avoid detection to reach your target, whether it's assassination, delivery or saving. With flight, suramar would be a hundred times less interesting.

Of course they could have made a "no fly barrier" for that part of the zone to maintain its unique nature of questing, but they haven't needed to thus far with no flight. I do believe that when they put flight in, suramar should have no fly restrictions still. It's an amazing city filled with cool mechanics for transportation and flight negates them all.
    Is there grappling in suramar? Did I mention anything about flying in Suramar? Have I not, on several occasions, even suggested that mixing zones with flying and no flying would make an overall better experience for everyone?

People keep trying to make this into such a black and white argument and it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, its not like someone out there is going to say: "YES! we only lost 2 million subs this time! Success!", right?
    That depends a LOT on the business model. Losing 2m subs could be worth it if those profits are made up in other places, such as cash-shop sales, token sales, or box sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In context of gaming "Path of least resistance" is a deluded way of saying "path of maximum fun". Players tend to skip parts of the game that they don't find fun.
    I don't know if I 100% agree with that. There are people who will sacrifice fun in order to get things done faster. But I also don't agree that EVERYONE will do this, given a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That depends a LOT on the business model. Losing 2m subs could be worth it if those profits are made up in other places, such as cash-shop sales, token sales, or box sales.
    While this is true, I would say that a rational business model would strive to have as many subs as possible, while developing the maximum possible level of trust and goodwill with the playerbase.

I mean, why earn less when you can earn more?

You're doing the very thing you're accusing him of - in reverse. You're saying you like flying and insist it should be in the game (despite the myriad of ways it decreases the quality of the game). Your campaign for 'fun' (a game with flying) most certainly will lesson the fun other players experience who want a world of people in the sandbox, not flying over it.
    a modified and balanced flying decrease nothing on the contrary it add gameplay, but peoples who like everyone in the ground are the first one who ask for a total removal and then accuse us to not accepting middle ground solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know if I 100% agree with that. There are people who will sacrifice fun in order to get things done faster. But I also don't agree that EVERYONE will do this, given a choice.
    Remember that fun is:
    a. subjective, some people might not find the popular fun thing fun
    b. non-binary, some things are more fun than other fun things - like doin' it faster might be more fun than the slower fun thing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    a modified and balanced flying decrease nothing on the contrary it add gameplay, but peoples who like everyone in the ground are the first one who ask for a total removal and then accuse us to not accepting middle ground solution.
    But can't you see form the success of WoD that Patchfinder part 9 is th perfect middle ground? It is such a compromise from Blizzard that it's incredible they even did it at all. It just goes against everything they think about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    People like Ordinator understand this game isn't design by democracy. Even if it was, you would surely be on the losing end. Just because you think something is good for the game doesn't make it true.
    no you only think that what you like is good for the game, until the day blizzard remove something you care about and come here voicing our opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But can't you see form the success of WoD that Patchfinder part 9 is th perfect middle ground? It is such a compromise from Blizzard that it's incredible they even did it at all. It just goes against everything they think about flying.
    yea some gestapo agent here has the nerve to call it middle ground

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You haven't noticed? This game is designed by forum complainers. The loudest complainers who write the best posts are the ones designing the game.
    this game is designed by devs who happen to accept feedback only when they say "great work dude" or when they come from some streamer or some selected mythic raiders from the guild they play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'm all for flight... as long as it comes with interesting mechanics, and isn't just lazy play.
    I'm all for the open world....as long as it comes with interesting content, and isn't just lazy play.

See wut I did there?

The assassination target example is so tired and worthless, I'm surprised you'd use it at all. First off, why is the objective being designed to kill only 1 target? Second, why is the objective placed in the open where people can "divebomb" it in the first place? Third, why AREN'T there guards that can pull/shoot players out of the sky? Fourth, what is stopping players from using gliders, leaps, or other slowfall mechanics from "divebombing" right now?

Am I making my point yet? If Blizzard designs quests that are stupid, they shouldn't get mad at the players for breaking their weak design. Blizzard should design better quests!!!!!

This thread alone has come up with many ways of solving the problem "created" by flying, not to mention reddit, the official forums, or any other medium where players discuss the game. The simple truth is that removing flight is such a lazy, heavy-handed 'solution' that it shocks me that so many people are so quick to laud it as the best thing since sliced bread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that:

• 7.0: Pathfinder Part 1; includes most of the stuff needed for flight
    • 7.1: Pathfinder Part 2; smaller attunement for it
    • 7.2: Unlocks flight to existing Legion zones, adds new zone(s) without flight

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'd say that:

I'd say that:

7.0 Flying enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'd say that:

So no flight where someone would want to use it in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    I'd say that:

7.0 Flying enabled.
    Heh, I wish that would be true, but lets face it: for Flight to come before 7.1, the player revolt would have to be mythic.