Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have mixed feelings about legion actually. While at first I was excited, it already turned me off at day 2 of the launch already. Most of it is to blame the new class philosophy, as mine feels completely ruined. It doesn't matter what content I participate in, the class problem is still there. From my perspective, the "whole game sucks" regardless. However, I'm even willingly to ignore this argument for the moment and look at the game itself.

World quests. They made it sound like this is some super-uber new high-tech endgame content would be great to do. It actually is, to some extent. I actually enjoyed most of the world quests. Until the achievement '200 world quests completed'. It made me realize that these quests are merely an illusion of end-game content. For short-term goals this system is great, but looking at the future? I don't see myself repeating these quests the next month, or the month after that. So just limiting myself to the daily emissary quests solves most of this.

Professions. As I have engineering/mining, I am also, yet again, rather disappointed. As it doesn't offer me anything. Mining about 1500 ores was great, but nothing new.

Dungeons. These are great. While there are always some 'unfun' parts, these ones are top-notch in my book. However, the loot system was rather unforgiving. I'm not sure why they locked mythics to a weekly reset.

PvP. Can't do, I melt within seconds. Yep, I play fury warrior.

So, regarding to OP, my post can come off as 'complaining', but you see, I am rather rationalizing what I experience and share this with others. In the end, I will eventually stop playing as result, which is a bummer, because I used to enjoy this game so much.

All in all, I feel legion itself has very little to offer me, just like WoD did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I do have one more complaint........stop fucking giving me Bloods of Sargeras off every goddamn boss and give me some loot I can use. Sitting at 24 Bloods not being used atm.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    I have mixed feelings about legion actually. While at first I was excited, it already turned me off at day 2 of the launch already. Most of it is to blame the new class philosophy, as mine feels completely ruined. It doesn't matter what content I participate in, the class problem is still there. From my perspective, the "whole game sucks" regardless. However, I'm even willingly to ignore this argument for the moment and look at the game itself.

World quests. They made it sound like this is some super-uber new high-tech endgame content would be great to do. It actually is, to some extent. I actually enjoyed most of the world quests. Until the achievement '200 world quests completed'. It made me realize that these quests are merely an illusion of end-game content. For short-term goals this system is great, but looking at the future? I don't see myself repeating these quests the next month, or the month after that. So just limiting myself to the daily emissary quests solves most of this.

Professions. As I have engineering/mining, I am also, yet again, rather disappointed. As it doesn't offer me anything. Mining about 1500 ores was great, but nothing new.

Dungeons. These are great. While there are always some 'unfun' parts, these ones are top-notch in my book. However, the loot system was rather unforgiving. I'm not sure why they locked mythics to a weekly reset.

PvP. Can't do, I melt within seconds. Yep, I play fury warrior.

So, regarding to OP, my post can come off as 'complaining', but you see, I am rather rationalizing what I experience and share this with others. In the end, I will eventually stop playing as result, which is a bummer, because I used to enjoy this game so much.

All in all, I feel legion itself has very little to offer me, just like WoD did.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with this Irongar, the problem is when this kind of dislike makes people state things out of objectivity
    Like "Legion is WoD 2.0 in terms of content" this is may be subjectively true, because the amount of content you like it's not enough or you don't like how it is implemented.
    But it's absolutely objectively false, and the problem stems when those subjective opinions are stated as objective realities, and that's why at least myself get peeved sometimes.

I've no problem in people saying to me "this this and that is not how I've expected for reason1 reason2 reason3"
    I've a problem with "this expansion is shit, it's exactly like WoD" <- this is bullshit

just me maybe.

Wow look at the Hyperbole. I have 55 hours played at my main char and if I there is nothing of interest to me at the time I am playing due to gating, yet I still want to play the game I open up an alt to do 100-102 for getting their artefacts (The flavour there is immense and I am going to complete the campaign for each class during the expansion).
    Compared to what we have had for the last 5 years, Legion is a breeze in terms of content and I am even considering the migration of my Rogue to my current server once the season opens up.

Although there are some exception such as profession quest rewards not being aligned with the scalable levelling which result in the player ending up with their mid-level recipes missing and as a leatherworker there is that god-damned "Mounting Made Easy" quest which makes me cringe.

Finally, Nightfallen rep is really grindy due to the requirement of Ancient Mana and I am hoping there gets to be a catch-up mechanism for it for alts in later patches as I don't want to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post

This part is another debate entirely of course that we could go on forever about. For the record though, I always considered dungeons, raids, and pvp as the side content (so it is all kind of a "to each his own" thing).

Bt you're simply wrong here. This isn't really up for debate. They're the main features around which the game is designed (add in questing and the concept of levels). Now just WoW, but MMOs in general use these things as the pivotal content. Things like pet battles are add ons (note that pet battles did not exist in WoW until MoP).

Now, YOU may prefer other things... but I'm not talking about individual preferences, yours OR mine. My point is that the genre in general and this game in particular have always revolved around a few core things - quests, PVE instances, PVP. To some degree, crafting. Those are the basic design building blocks of MMOs, or at least have been in the past and are for WoW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Content was gated in vanilla too, the problems of the game are others and they are unsolvable now. Take wow as 1 month coop game and you'll be happy with it. I'm not going to renew even if I have 10 months worth of tokens so...

Lol, that's like saying: complete all the bullshit hidden things in assassin's creed to really finish the game. That's fake content.
    "Fake content"? Wtf is that? Holy shit that's a new one lmao.

There is like no QQ at all right now. Wait for people to finish leveling and burn out on quests, THEN the QQ will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's really nothing "serious" to complain about right now. The ones that are whining around are people who would do it no matter what. It's just part of their automatism and their personality. Which, needless to say, is total garbage.
    People have different opinions than me! They're so whiny, their personality is garbage! *kicks and screams and cries*

Wait, who is the whiny one?

I wonder how long it'll take for people to remember the ''good old days'' of WoD, or that Cataclysm now falls under the ''ITS JUST NOSTALGIA!!!'' category whenever you say you enjoyed it. So basically the cycle continues.

I've been 110 for a week now and there's still a ton for me to do - not to mention the fact that I'm a damn altaholic so I've got like 6 toons hovering between 100 and 103. People complaining about "lack of content" are silly and need to go home.

Deleted
    But anyway nobody at blizzard actually care about the QQ. People still thinking the game is designed for hardcore players are delusional. This game has plenty of content for casuals and semi-hardcore players who dosnt want to rush it but still invest alot of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeva View Post
    "Fake content"? Wtf is that? Holy shit that's a new one lmao.
    It's repeating the same thing over and over with the excuse of a milestone.

Doing the same thing 100 times isn't content, doing it one time is. Or the witcher 3 would last 10.000 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Fixed your padded list for fair comparison. Compare away.
    Why are you leaving out the non-class specific order hall campaign (Falling Star ect). There are new quests for that every week it seems, like the Garrison campaign in WoD.
    Frankly I'm glad the game actively paces players, so you can actually feel, like you have done what's available now, so you can then go and focus on some repeatable content as much as you want (world quests, HC dungeons, Mythic Plus, PvP).

Legion is designed so you have a couple of BIG things to do every day that give a larger reward vs time spent playing (Emissary Quest, Daily HC) and then you can always do more if you want, continue your Surama campaign, do MORE world quests, work through the mythic Dungeons fior the week, finish the pathfinder achievement, heck if all else fails, roll and alt Herb-Miner to be self-sufficient with consumables.

Legion is a smorgasbord. And really once Mythic Plus comes out, you will REALLY be able to gorge yourself on gearing content.

Uhhh most of us criticizing Legion are not doing so because there's nothing to do.

But sure, keep on strawmanning critique.

I like how before (At least before WoD), people had the option to play the game more if they wanted, and get rewarded if they chose to do so. But now white knights laud the idea of "paced content," which is nothing but forced time gates everywhere.

I guess if Blizzard tickles that nostalgia prostate, they can get people to defend anything. We should have learned during WoD's development and early days.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-11 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Rofl, I don't do all the quests, dungeons etc. I have a life. I do the necessary (daily quests for the chest and suramar rep).

The grind trap isn't for me, that's why once the content is finished (basically now) I'm done with it.

Good luck with your fake content behind repetition and "achivements".
    Well, here goes the derp argument. "I completed basically everything except some mythic dungeons." followed by "Rofl, I don't do all the quests, dungeons etc. I have a life. I do the necessary (daily quests for the chest and suramar rep)."

That said, goodbye then. You certainly will not be missed. Just one question - can I have your gold?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hilarious thing about it is that I've run 3 Mythic dungeons and done some crafting and world quests, and aside from some bullshit potential RNG I outgear the first tier of my endgame. (LFR) This is after only playing the first 3 days of launch and an hour each day in the second week. I cannot do any form of raiding above LFR as I do not have a schdule that will allow me to consistently set aside the same evenings each week, nor do I have any desire to do so if my schedule did allow it. I don't mind this though as I have several other games I can play instead, but for the vast majority of WoW's playerbase that only raids LFR - Their end-game is obsolete before it's even released, I expect that they'll all unsub again like in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh most of us criticizing Legion are not doing so because there's nothing to do.

But sure, keep on strawmanning critique.

I like how before (At least before WoD), people had the option to play the game more if they wanted, and get rewarded if they chose to do so. But now white knights laud the idea of "paced content," which is nothing but forced time gates everywhere.

I guess if Blizzard tickles that nostalgia prostate, they can get people to defend anything. We should have learned during WoD's development and early days.
    The paced content is really only The Suramar Dungeons (as they require more rep than you can get with the quest line along, so you need some world/Emissary to get to 8k/12k Revered, and the Order Hall. Which is basically "just" more story stuff. And with that it's damned if they do, damned if they don't, because if it wasn't time gated the people that want to gorge would race through it and then complain they have nothing else to do.
    I DO like that pacing, because having these story missions pop up every now and then is a nice break that helps stave off the game becoming routine.
    You can't please everybody all the time, and I think they have been really smart this time around. Yes you CAN always grind more AP for your mainspec if you REALLY want, but at some point diminishing returns set in and there are really other things that would give you more fun and character power/hour spent.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Bt you're simply wrong here. This isn't really up for debate. They're the main features around which the game is designed (add in questing and the concept of levels). Now just WoW, but MMOs in general use these things as the pivotal content. Things like pet battles are add ons (note that pet battles did not exist in WoW until MoP).

Now, YOU may prefer other things... but I'm not talking about individual preferences, yours OR mine. My point is that the genre in general and this game in particular have always revolved around a few core things - quests, PVE instances, PVP. To some degree, crafting. Those are the basic design building blocks of MMOs, or at least have been in the past and are for WoW.

I am not technically wrong here because I very specifically stated "I always considered..." in that statement. It is my view that represented the way I (and all but a couple of my friends) played. We chatted, quested, worked on professions (basically did our own things), and occasionally did something a dungeon or BG together when we got bored. The world was the game and the other stuff was the side game for us (about a dozen of us that were all RL friends).

The other two RL friends that did not play this way barely left dungeons and raids and only worked on professions if it improved their performance in the dungeons and raids they were running... for instance, one was a Paladin in BC that only had Leatherworking for a profession... and only to the exact skill level that was required to use the "Drums" (that could be chained at the time).

All that said, there are some false perceptions about WoW that the recent press release kind of shines a light on that most probably never considered. Here is what I mean:

The Burning Crusade - 2.4M First Day, 3.5M First Month
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8M First Day, 4M First Month
    Cataclysm - 3.3M First Day, 4.7M First Month

Although there are no further numbers beyond a month, it is pretty safe to assume that the Lion's share of new expansion sales come during the first month... in fact, you can already see a pretty harsh drop-off in the these numbers when comparing the 1st day to the end of the 1st month.

Now consider that BC peaked around 11 million and that WotLK and Cata peaked around 12 million. The key word there is "peaked"... it is completely possible that say, 15 or even 20 million people actually played during Lich King (all we know is the peak of a bit over 12 million).

This means that even during the glory days of WoW, that there was probably never a time when even HALF of the players were in the most current expansion (and we have pretty reasonable Blizzard-supplied data to support this belief). So now we need to wonder, how important IS all of the instance-ish stuff, when even new content is not as important as we thought it was?

I have no answer... there may not even be a good answer... but it is easy to see that things are not as we thought they were.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-11 at 06:56 PM.

You can't please everybody all the time, and I think they have been really smart this time around. Yes you CAN always grind more AP for your mainspec if you REALLY want, but at some point diminishing returns set in and there are really other things that would give you more fun and character power/hour spent.
    So they actively punish people who play the game more because some babies who play it one hour a week won't be able to keep up?

Dang, how sad.

They better get Karazhan out fast, because plenty of us have already dropped off.

Deleted
    Yes, in a sense they are punishing the 1% of people that would want to endlessly grind out AP for small gains (apart from golden traits and a few important) because they feel they need it for mythic world first races to protect the sanity of the vast majority who don't want to get kicked out of a group because they haven't maxed their artifact one week after release. People DO do that shit. Heck, Friday last week I already saw Mythic pugs that demanded ilv 840, which is what mythic drops as base loot. NUTS.