Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Literally over half of the comments are from the same 2 people in this thread. Fat neckbeards trying to create the impression that Brexit was a good idea. So sad and pathetic if you really think about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    dnt have to be the heart of something to work cos if you have no outlets to pump to then your useless so stop saying that if london isnt the heart of the EU london will shutdown, people said the same bullshit when we wasnt gonna join the EURO, saying that london would collapse and look at now. the same doomsayers from years ago are saying the same shit now its getting fucking boring
    This isn't doomsaying this is reality, go google UK financial passport, and read a bit. You'll be losing that, it will be going to Paris.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    £3bn loss will be very damaging. Don't know why I even respond to you anyway
    still doesnt answer my question, we didnt have EU money before the 70's and the UK has been farming for thousands of years, typical remain voter just thinking of the short term

10+ Year Old Account
    still doesnt answer my question, we didnt have EU money before the 70's and the UK has been farming for thousands of years, typical remain voter just thinking of the short term
    Population was lower...
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2016-09-11 at 04:25 PM.

Most voters think mostly of the short term implications of any policy. Obviously not all of them, but that short-term thinking has been so pervasive that it has become one of the biggest problems for politics over the years, at least in my opinion. That's why it is so hard to fix environmental issues or just any issue that requires short term sacrifice. While agree this is a problem, I would not say that is only present in remain voters. Very likely, a lot of exit voters believed that they would leave right away and solve all problems quickly. That's just how people tick sometimes.

I would agree however that likely, after enough time has passed, even an exiting Britain will do fine. Or at least I sincerely hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    paragraphs make things more readable!

OT: i voted remain, but you cant just call a second vote and try to change the rules because your side lost imo, it was a fair vote, everyone had plenty of time to register and vote
    Given that millions of people voted on claims that were proven false, and even admitted as so by the very people who invented and spread those claims (after the vote of course), I wouldn't call it "fair". People were lied to and deliberately misled.

Besides, such an important referendum should have had such rules established beforehand anyway.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-09-11 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    But does anyone think the people in Brussel still want the UK to stay in now?

It was reported a while ago that the mood about the UK leaving was that of approval, because they never really were part of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

It was reported a while ago that the mood about the UK leaving was that of approval, because they never really were part of it anyway.
    Ironically for those of us that want to stay in, leaving would actually make the EU more functional. Perfect example is the Chinese cheap steel that they flooded the EU market with. The EU wanted to put a tariff in place to protect EU steel production, but the UK vetoed that idea.

Which is ironic considering that cheap Chinese steel then destroyed the UK steel industry.

Best scenario will be if we stay in and lose the veto. That would actually improve the EU! No chance of selling that notion to the little Englanders that make up the Leave crowd though.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Some countries sure want to have the UK still in the EU. Uk being conservative made the EU move slower so Brussels couldn't get certain changes through without long discussions, long enough for the public to get informed and get opinionated.

Free rolling EU with lots of fast changes might not be the best to benefit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    *Beep.*

Wrong

People need to realize it's actually never going to happen, because even if a Brexit happens it will be nothing but an illusion and wool over people's eyes leaving the UK with exactly the same rules and regulations they had before. Leaving the EU's sphere of influence is absolutely 100% impossible, the only thing a Brexit is going to achieve is the fact that the UK no longer has any say over EU policies while still having to obey them (through trade agreements) and will have made itself more submissive to and dependent on the EU.

Brexit is like sawing off your foot to try and get unchained only to realize you're still chained by the neck and arms.
    Random foreigners keep saying Brexit isn't going to happen, yet their basis for saying so is...nothing, as far as I can tell.

"They haven't invoked Article 50 yet, that means they are never going to!"

"The Government indicated it would be invoked at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017."

"But...but...it is September already!!!!"

"Which is not...are you a retard?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Some countries sure want to have the UK still in the EU. Uk being conservative made the EU move slower so Brussels couldn't get certain changes through without long discussions, long enough for the public to get informed and get opinionated.

Free rolling EU with lots of fast changes might not be the best to benefit us.
    Germany and the other Free Trade nations certainly still don't want the UK to leave, as it swings the voting power away from the current balance toward the French Protectionist led bloc.

So Germany, Sweden, Holland, Ireland et al, we kinda fucked you up. Oops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Random foreigners keep saying Brexit isn't going to happen, yet their basis for saying so is...nothing, as far as I can tell.

"They haven't invoked Article 50 yet, that means they are never going to!"

"The Government indicated it would be invoked at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017."

"But...but...it is September already!!!!"

"Which is not...are you a retard?"
    The government, or in fact the prime minister also said this:
    "And for a Prime Minister to ignore the express will of the British people to leave the EU would not just be wrong, it would be undemocratic."

And then this:
    "But the British people made a different decision to take a different path. As such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction"

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think it's based on nothing then it is clear to me you've not actually done a lot of reading or background research on the subject. The only trade deals the UK will be able to get with the EU will be of the kind that puts them right back at square 1. Not only is that because of what the EU is willing to give, but because of what the political landscape and business leaders in the UK are willing to pursue. Your 'elite' wants to remain in the EU, the way it is right now, as such they'll try to keep things the way they are ... right now. And this is but one of the many parts in the equation.

You might get a Brexit, but it'll be an illusion, a trojan horse.
    You are making claims that Brexit won't happen and that it will happen but won't be a real Brexit...in the same post. They are contradictory statements.

Something tells me you are making it up as you go along and don't know what you are talking about.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced you understand what 'Trojan Horse' means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The government, or in fact the prime minister also said this:
    "And for a Prime Minister to ignore the express will of the British people to leave the EU would not just be wrong, it would be undemocratic."

And then this:
    "But the British people made a different decision to take a different path. As such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction"

Okay...what's your point? Or do you just like quoting Cameron?

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay...what's your point? Or do you just like quoting Cameron?
    You asked for a basis, that´s one. However i do think the UK will invoke article 50 at one point.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked for a basis, that´s one. However i do think the UK will invoke article 50 at one point.
    Cameron handed over the role of Prime Minister to someone who would invoke Article 50, he did not ignore the will of the people, he placed it in the hands of someone who would carry it out.

Of all the things Cameron has done in politics, that was the thing he has done which is beyond reproach from all sides.

Deleted
    Sure you could have it like you did in the glorious years be between 60 and 79. The years that saw economic depression, devaluation of the pound and a crisis that lasted till the end of the 80s

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should reread or understand to read my posts with some nuance.
    Your posts don't contain 'nuance', they contain 'nonsense'. You literally don't have any grasp of British politics.

And yes, 'Trojan Horse', because the deal with the EU will contain a lot of elements neither the Remain nor the Exit voters would be happy with.
    Who is the Trojan Horse in your scenario? And how are they being hijacked from within?

15+ Year Old Account
    Cameron handed over the role of Prime Minister to someone who would invoke Article 50, he did not ignore the will of the people, he placed it in the hands of someone who would carry it out.

Of all the things Cameron has done in politics, that was the thing he has done which is beyond reproach from all sides.
    The will of the people was to invoke article 50. Did he invoke it?

How can he not ignore the will of the people and at the same time hand it over to someone willing to carry it out? He could have carried out the will of the people, but ignored it instead and handed it over to someone else who just keeps repeating brexit means brexit.

It´s not unfounded that people have the idea that article 50 will not be triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    The will of the people was to invoke article 50. Did he invoke it?

How can he not ignore the will of the people and at the same time hand it over to someone willing to carry it out? He could have carried out the will of the people, but ignored it instead and handed it over to someone else who just keeps repeating brexit means brexit.
    He didn't ignore it, he passed it to someone else to do.

It´s not unfounded that people have the idea that article 50 will not be triggered.
    No, it is unfounded. I have seen nothing whatsoever from May to suggest that Article 50 will not be invoked.

15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't ignore it, he passed it to someone else to do.
    ... it´s not in his hands anymore, he can´t make may do it, therefore he ignored the will of the people.

No, it is unfounded. I have seen nothing whatsoever from May to suggest that Article 50 will not be invoked.
    Apart from not invoking article 50 of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... it´s not in his hands anymore, he can´t make may do it, therefore he ignored the will of the people.
    If you ask me to do something for you and I give it to someone else to do, then I haven't ignored your request.

Apart from not invoking article 50 of course.
    What is the date?