Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    So you actually think that in 21 days (first week of mythic) every single person in a 20 man plus mythic guild is going to have 1 legendary? Because that's the only way that scenario is even remotely possible. I would strongly suspect that's not the case and the only guilds that will even implement that sort of bullshit would struggle to kill a mythic boss period, let alone be in the race.
    Maybe not, and thats part of the problem. We saw it in the past with massive recruiting of glaive rogues and staff casters. If you don't get your leg at some point, and if its not the right one, you'll be quickly benched from any competitive guild.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yes but the way legendaries are now is that basically anyone who's in a top top competitive progress guild will have 20+characters in the guild with legendaries, since all of them play like 5-6 of them constantly, one of them's bound to find one
    Specific legendaries are important. You're talking a good 50k dps increase from best to worst legendary (and that's assuming you DID see one in time, I know I'm still waiting despite doing pretty much everything I can)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...4691?page=2#33

Would you like some ketchup while you eat your hat, sir/madame?
    You have linked outdated information. If you are not on with the topic regarding legendaries you shouldn't really post. Legendaries DO WORK in mythic raids.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas from just before legion release

"Would you like some ketchup while you eat your hat, sir/madame?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    You have linked outdated information. If you are not on with the topic regarding legendaries you shouldn't really post. Legendaries DO WORK in mythic raids.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas from just before legion release

"Would you like some ketchup while you eat your hat, sir/madame?"
    Ketchup would be grand, yes.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    By the time mythic raids come out everybody who plays regularly will have legendaries due to the bad luck protection. Nobody competes for normal/heroic progression so it's irrelevant in that regard.

You will have done before mythic raids start:

27 emissary caches
    4 rounds of mythic dungeons
    infinite amount of heroic dungeons.

These are places we know for a fact legendaries come from.

Just yesterday a guildie got a legendary when he was doing mining profession quest, he believe it was of a regular mob, but he wasn't sure.

Each one of these things you do will increase your chance to get legendary. If you play for mythic world first race you will actively do all this on every character to max your ilvl and obviously also increase chance to get legendary.
    That bad luck preventing better be kicking in pretty fast almost 2 weeks of constant farming on 2 chars for all our 26 raiders and we have gotten 6 legendary items on alts and mains combined. Many of us have been farming heroics and have like 300 blood of sargeras from all the hc farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    By the time mythic raids come out everybody who plays regularly will have legendaries due to the bad luck protection. Nobody competes for normal/heroic progression so it's irrelevant in that regard.

You will have done before mythic raids start:

27 emissary caches
    4 rounds of mythic dungeons
    infinite amount of heroic dungeons.

These are places we know for a fact legendaries come from.

Just yesterday a guildie got a legendary when he was doing mining profession quest, he believe it was of a regular mob, but he wasn't sure.

Each one of these things you do will increase your chance to get legendary. If you play for mythic world first race you will actively do all this on every character to max your ilvl and obviously also increase chance to get legendary.
    My guild has over 60 active members, including 30-35 raiders with between 1-3 alts. All of those above things are currently being done. We saw our first legendary on Day 6, and have seen 3 for raiders (one of them being an alt). When you compare this to guilds in the top 10 with 10+ legendaries then yes, there is a high likelihood it will damage the world first race and have a spiral on effect in the top 50. I'm not going to BS around with it, a legendary won't make you a better player. However the confusion from my end is that Blizzard went public and stated they wanted to move away from a Vanilla/TBC legendary system due to the feeling of Glaive rogues for Brutallus, etc, quest lined it, then put random drop ones in. Would have done a much better job deactivating for Emerald Nightmare, so all can enjoy the legendary droprates tbh instead of what we have here, which is frustration on the legendary side of things (I've lost count of how many heroics I've done in the last 10 days or so)
    Last edited by mmoccdb78603ca; 2016-09-12 at 06:09 AM.

legendary rings/necks should 100% have a socket/some primary stat (str/agi/int) attached to them. right now rings/necks are basically complete shit (1 or 2 exceptions!).

almost hitting my 22nd trait in my MW weap (13 in brew/WW) and yet to see a legendary drop in any heroic for anyone i've been grouped with :'D
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-09-12 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They likely will. Many legendaries are ridiculously powerful, easily as powerful as an extra talent, and they are gated by the RNG. Even if your guild has the best execution in the world, if you have a couple people with no legendary or a poor legendary, you'll lose that edge-- and races are all about small advantages adding up.
    One person doing some bonus dps over the rest of their guild won't make up for the rest of their guild downing a boss. Yes it will lean it in their favor since they will have those people doing more dps/healing/tanking better based on who has the legendaries and which ones, but if those people can't take advantage of them enough to still down the bosses it won't matter.

Yes they will make a difference and Blizzard has acknowledged this, but they won't be such a HUGE difference that it will mean most guilds will force their entire roster to have them if those players can learn fights and perform their tasks better than someone who happened to get lucky and have one. Basically - Execution trumps bonuses any day of the week. Even when guilds were fighting bosses that had been nerfed or they had better gear they still lost out to those guilds that got world first simply because they could execute the fights and mechanics better.

10+ Year Old Account
    All i want is some clarification on how this "bad luck protection" system works. Does the probability increase over time? or over an x amount of boss kills/caches combined?

As for the guilds going for world firsts: you really have to feel for them here. The system as it currently stands is !@#$ing ridiculous. Legendary items should only be usable after an x amount of time has passed; i.e, when content isn't relevant. Say, 1-2 months after world first? This process is then repeated once new content is released. Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to implement something like this.

Guess blizzard wants to shit on the 1%.

Imagine getting the worst legendary on everyone in a 20man roster, feels FUCKING BAD MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    That bad luck preventing better be kicking in pretty fast almost 2 weeks of constant farming on 2 chars for all our 26 raiders and we have gotten 6 legendary items on alts and mains combined. Many of us have been farming heroics and have like 300 blood of sargeras from all the hc farming.
    First of all, heroics has a very low drop chance due not having a lockout (it does but you can "cheat it" through random que). Cache naturally has the highest chance since everybody will do them and it's on a 1 day lockout. Mythic dungeons are 10 dungeons with like 50 bosses total (I didn't count) all which can drop legendary.

Trust me and please come back to this post when 2 weeks has passed to say "wow you knew it like 2 weeks ago", at least 85% of your raiding roster will have a legendary by the time mythic raiding come out.
    Whether or not everybody has the one they need is another story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    the heroism ring isn't even the best legendary for mages (unless that has changed very recently) But regardless of that I'm p sure most guilds are going to have at best 1-2 legendaries for the entire guild by raid week and the ones that do get beastly good rng are probably not in the world first race anyway, so.....non issue.
    There's literally no factual or statistical basis for any of your claims, especially the latter one is just mind-numbingly daft.

There appears to be no bad luck protection. It's completely RNG, independent chance every time. Just keep grindin' world quests.

If bad luck protection exists, it's so minor that it's unnoticeable and thus unimportant.

My guess is that idea was discarded along with "you can target the legendary you want". They simply didn't do it.

My paladin alt, that is turned into a main, got one during the first set of 3 daily WQ cache that area available once you hit 60, so, be jealous :P

That said, there are many legendary equipment pieces that feel... meh. Not legendary in any sense. So many of the set bonuses for tier sets are much more meaningful. My holy paladin got like 30% more time on healer blessings, and that was maybe the 4th best one I could of received.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done mythic runs both weeks now and many many more heroics with randoms. Never seen it drop for anyone. Done world quests every day as well, no luck there too.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

What I'd be more concerned about is the guild "poaching" for players with legendaries.

One big unknown is if there will be any fights in EN or Stormheim raid (Trial of Valor?) that having the extra legendary dps or a specific legendary breaks the fight or gives a massive advantage.

With Tarecgosa's it was largely the nature of Spine that caused it to be so incredibly desired. Is there another similar match of legendary+fight this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There appears to be no bad luck protection. It's completely RNG, independent chance every time. Just keep grindin' world quests.

If bad luck protection exists, it's so minor that it's unnoticeable and thus unimportant.

My guess is that idea was discarded along with "you can target the legendary you want". They simply didn't do it.
    The bad luck protection was along the tune of 3 weeks of actively doing everything available, so it's a little early. They may have even lowered that as a way to try to discourage grabbing legendary geared people due to the sheer lack of good legendaries even showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    All i want is some clarification on how this "bad luck protection" system works. Does the probability increase over time? or over an x amount of boss kills/caches combined?

As for the guilds going for world firsts: you really have to feel for them here. The system as it currently stands is !@#$ing ridiculous. Legendary items should only be usable after an x amount of time has passed; i.e, when content isn't relevant. Say, 1-2 months after world first? This process is then repeated once new content is released. Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to implement something like this.

Guess blizzard wants to shit on the 1%.
    It's something they'll likely never clarify, but the most logical way to go about it would be a combination of both time and effort - I've written this elsewhere, but an example could be:

Initial chance: 1/10K for any action that can drop a legendary (boss kill, loot cache etc).

Or a 0.01% chance of the drop.

For each day passed since last legendary drop: Add +0.01% chance for a drop.

For each action that can drop a legendary since last legendary drop: Add +0.001% chance for a drop.

That way, after 3 weeks, assuming you did all 8 basic mythics every week, your cache every day, nightfallen scenario every 3 days, and an average of 2 heroics per day (one for AP, one for dungeon quests or other heroic-needs such as questlines etc), you'll have...

4+5+5+4+3+4+3+4 = 32 kills from mythics per week.

An average of 56 kills on heroic per week.

7 Caches and 2 scenarios per week.

Or a total of 97 actions per week. Lets make it a bit easier and say 100 actions for ease of reading.

That means every passing week just "keeping up" with the daily / weekly activities, you'd add 0.1% chance of a legendary - or in other words, after a week of keeping everything up, odds have increased from 1 in 10000 to 1 in 1000. Add 0.01% per day as well, and you're looking at 0.18% chance to get a drop up from 0.1% after a week; or 1 in about 550. Add another week of 0.18, and you're up to 1 in 277. Add a third week, and we're at 1 in 185; At this point, getting the drop when spamming heroics seems very likely, which lines up well with what Blizzard has said: "3-4 weeks of actively playing the game should ensure you get your hands on a legendary".

Of course, all my numbers are pure guesswork and estimates; There's rumors you can get the legendaries from the small treasure chests that contains the small AP items out in the world, and that there's a higher droprate from emissary caches. Everything could have a relative weight. I've just dumbed it down enough to make the concept easy to understand. Essentially:

If you're actively playing, if my theory is right, you'll find a legendary much faster than someone who's just banking on getting it through waiting for the Bad Luck Protection to build up, because playing actively likely gives you minor constant "buffs" to the drop rate.

I've played almost non-stop since launch, 850 now with 19 pts in artifact, and I still don't know anyone with a legendary. I know someone who says he knows someone... but that's about as close as I've gotten.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working on trait 22 and have done two clears of mythic dungeons on two characters while approaching 150 heroic dungeons. In addition I've also done the emissary quests on both characters since launch as well. In all of those dungeons I haven't seen anybody obtain a legendary. Not saying my sample size is large, but our active roster of 24 hasn't seen one either out out of their emissary caches or heroic runs. We have one casual guild member who got one on day 4 or 5 from walking into a heroic (he didn't have the iLvL to queue).

They will never clarify how it works but I'd hope that the bad luck protection builds up from unsuccessful actions that can produce a legendary. That way playing the game and doing all of that stuff will increase your chances.

I really don't mind it though even if it's an extra level of RNG.

What's sickening was having a dude in my heroic ask me to stop pulling so he could swap to his other legendary for the boss on like day 4. He wasn't joking either, lol. Pretty crazy that some people have 2-3 legendary items, but RNG gonna RNG.