Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Tbh if you've played with some of the absolute braindead shitters I've had to deal with even with a decent ilvl restriction you will immediately understand why random matchmaking in mythics is a terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Thanks, i know i am!!!

Even if more people started making their own groups there would still be people who wont and they would fill said groups.
    And all of those people would still require other people to have an achievement or some other requirement. There are tons of groups where people set such high requirements they themselves can't even fulfill them, so it will help nothing.

People who have never done a mythic dungeon are not people you want as a group leader, so you end up with tons of shitty groups.

People with experience need to take people without experience with them and teach them. That's always how it's been. Without patience, all you have is a couple of elitists grouping up among themselves, and all the people without experience getting nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    What do you need to do "lead" dungeon run?
    Are you serious? Have you ever done difficult content?

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    It's not a "made up" problem, when my friends are available is when I stop playing games and go real stuff outside. To all the "make your own group" people, if I wanted to spend hours sifting through mud to recruit decent people I'd stay at work.
    Sifting through mud to recruit decent people? You mean by... asking people who want to join your group to link their achievement in order to prove they know how to do it?

Seems to me that your problem isn't "can't find a group for Mythics". It's "can't find a group to carry me through Mythics"

It's not a "problem" in the slightest.

I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    It's so easy. Just make a group yourself and set the bar to 820 ilvl.
    I did my first mythics as WARLOCK with 816 ilvl in the first week, with groups that had 815-820 ilvl and we did fine. A bit difficult but fine. 830+ should breeze through it. And that comes from a damn warlock, who a week later, tried to join a mythic group with 840 ilvl and got instant declined because he is a WARLOCK. If I can do it, the warlock, the pleb of the group, so can you, a tank, stop crying.
    EDIT: Oh, and no need to lead. Just make a ready check every pull, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    And all of those people would still require other people to have an achievement or some other requirement. There are tons of groups where people set such high requirements they themselves can't even fulfill them, so it will help nothing.

People who have never done a mythic dungeon are not people you want as a group leader, so you end up with tons of shitty groups.

People with experience need to take people without experience with them and teach them. That's always how it's been. Without patience, all you have is a couple of elitists grouping up among themselves, and all the people without experience getting nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Make your own group, go with guild, go with friends, spend more than 5 minutes trying to get into a mythic grp etc. All you giving is a bunch of excuses, if you want to do Mythic's you need to put in the effort. Sounds like to me, you just want an ez mode carry.

I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    This is what you do.

1. There are a bunch of players that need the quests but are too passive to form their own group and are in the same boat as you.
    2. Start your own group.
    3. When you advertise your own group, explicitly ask for players who have never run the mythic dungeon before to attract the attention of those who need the quest. By asking for those types of players, you will signal to everyone that you are looking for patient players that are willing to play to complete the quest. You can also explicitly ask for low ilvl ONLY so get the same effect.
    4. You will build a group of very eager players that are thankful to get a chance to run it at low ilvl and complete your quests. Might even meet some cool players this way.

or

you can keep trying to get in other people's groups and fail because your ilvl is too low.

Choose wisely.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Mythics are the new heroics. They're silly easy! The only change is that you can only do them once a week and they give you better loot. Stop bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I would say they have recognized the limits of queueable content.
    I'm going to have to agree 100%. CAT heroics showed them the limitations.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The big problem here is that as Legion Mythics are a direct replacement from pre-Legion heroics it's causing problems having no group tool (and having a 7 day reset instead of 24h). There was no need no nerfhammer the difficulty of normal/heroic/mythic just because more mythic levels are coming to add challenge, the should have just launched with normal/heroic diff like they were before then patched in mythic with the + modes and had it trye mythic not joke mythic.

Mythic is super easy. Started doing it on my 819 geared Demon Hunter, and since then have had no issues in Mythic except a few wipes due to stupid DPS. There is literally nothing stopping you from making your own group, and clearing them. You're just too lazy it seems ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Yes, and mythic dungeons aren't really difficult content. You don't need to lead anything in these runs, because there is no roles you need to assign to anyone, it's just usual don't stand in fire etc. Mythic dungeons are nothing but new heroics and that's why dungeon meta require mythic instead heroic. OP is making it seem like lfg is filled with players asking achis when it isn't like that at all.

Deleted
    It's funny how the Dungeon and Raid Finder made people SOO LAZY.
    Blizzard Blessed us with an Awesome feature called Group Finder, you can start you're own group with low/reasonable requirement and you can learn with that group and get the achievements for next weeks. It's way more helpful than spamming in Trade Chat we used to have.
    And judging by your behavior i really doubt you were a Hardcore Raider.
    Last edited by mmocb3a784db03; 2016-09-11 at 10:04 PM.

First, I have yet to see a single "link achievement" and just finished 5 mythics off today with 2 yesterday. All group finder. Considering Mythics haven't even had their second reset I highly doubt that is true in the first place and if it is, the group is obviously going to be full of idiots. (yes I know you can run them multiple times, but who does that when you only get loot once).

Second, start your own group if you're so hard up. I also find it hard to believe you're having issues getting accepted to a group with an 836 ilvl. Most mythic groups in group finder are wanting 825+. Also if you think every group is just going to accept you for signing up, think again. Just keep signing up for groups that need your role. It might take 10+ tries before you get a group.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Nope, it's not a problem. Make your own group if you can't find one or just do heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it with rl friends. Much more interesting this way. Plus, communication is way better.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Totemfall View Post
    This is the reason I'm glad there's no automated group finder. You're expecting to walk in to a group having not looked at what to do, and then experiences like this make people ask for ach to save getting groups full of people standing in the wrong place and DPSing the wrong target. If you can't be arsed watching a 5 minute Fatboss bitesize mythic guide, quite frankly, I'd not want you in my group either. This is 5man content that has been cleared since day 1/2.. Reading/watching about it IS enough.

I'm sure even if you didn't have ach and you whispered someone saying 'I don't have ach but have watched videos and know the tacts', they'd invite you anyway. Basically sounds like you're lazy and bitter. Enjoy Normals.
    See, things like this is why I have my hesitations I addressed earlier in these posts. You have people saying they're as easy as past heroics, then you have people saying they require watching a video for tactics.

You have to be patient with these things. Mythic is supposed to be the hardest difficulty of the dungeon system out there with increased rewards. Personally, I just require a minimum item level and then just get things started once I find the right amount of people to run it with. It's probably going to suck at times when you wipe, but keep with it. A friendly, positive group leader usually gets people to run with him again and makes more friends, than the people only there for themselves.

Is it that hard to use the group finder?

I mean seriously, have you really gotten so lazy that taking 30 seconds to click through some menus and type some numbers is too much work?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    See, things like this is why I have my hesitations I addressed earlier in these posts. You have people saying they're as easy as past heroics, then you have people saying they require watching a video for tactics.
    From what I could tell doing all of the mythics this week, the bosses are not really mechanically different from heroic.

The only changes to boss mechanics are things that make failure have a higher punishment. There are no new mechanics in Mythic, just a lowered margin of error on the existing ones.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-11 at 09:50 PM.