View Poll Results: What should be the next move?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • Stay the course and hope the buffs are adequate

50 64.10%
  • Reroll

21 26.92%
  • Other?

7 8.97%
    15+ Year Old Account

Question To stay Warlock or not to stay?

I have a feeling we will be waiting for quite awhile before we get buffed. By the time we get them, other classes will be progressing through raids and we'll have to play catch-up in mythic dungeons.

I think Warlocks will be great in raids, but it'll be kind of hard to get into raids without 5-man mythic gear. So should I stay the course as Affliction and hope for the best, or start levelling another class?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you reroll you're going to be a couple of weeks behind anyway. The real question is whether you'd be happy with just numbers tuning, or whether you have issues with the mechanics of your preferred spec which are much less likely to see changes in the near future.

Deleted
    I would reroll to a melee (feral, arms, outlaw) or mage, but I would need to start at lvl 1 and just the thought of doing all that gives me physical pain.

Spent too much time on my warlock the last 10 days.

Also warlocks are not completely utter broken garbage. They are bad, but as long as you are not aiming for mythic world firsts your guild will probably give you a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already did a reroll, did level the lock to 110. They are not useless, they are great at soloing elites, but I feel they are in such an akward place atm, its weird as ive constantly spent alot of times on my lock since i started in 2005 (especially Desto).
    I will keep playing it, but i won't do any raid as of now with it as im not very found of the changes they made. I feel all speccs is just in a weird place. But my lock will always be close, as that is the class i always had a close tie to, when it comes to World of Warcraft.

I enjoy firemage, though, there is tons of them. But i will keep a good eye on the lock, but i won't expect any big changes. I honestly don't care if WL will do the most damage. Its the experience i having with them now, thats been bugging me alot. As number can be tweaked easly.

I'm not a tryhard that re-rolls just to do high damage. I enjoy the class and play-style, so I'm going to stay the course.

Deleted
    Got my Lock to 110, but currently playing a Hunter just to know I won't suck on damage (Yeah I care about meters :P) But will have it on standby for the eventual buffs to the class I've loved since BC!

I would wait for buffs but I will keep an eye in my warrior arms just in case nightmare would be a raid with mechanic which the lock cant shine much or blizzard ignore the class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Got my Lock to 110, but currently playing a Hunter just to know I won't suck on damage (Yeah I care about meters :P) But will have it on standby for the eventual buffs to the class I've loved since BC!
    How is it even possible to fall in love with the tbc version of warlock?? You literally used 1 button to dps... it could possibly be the biggest nab specc in the history of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I have a feeling we will be waiting for quite awhile before we get buffed. By the time we get them, other classes will be progressing through raids and we'll have to play catch-up in mythic dungeons.

I think Warlocks will be great in raids, but it'll be kind of hard to get into raids without 5-man mythic gear. So should I stay the course as Affliction and hope for the best, or start levelling another class?
    Warlocks aren't as bad as people make them sound to be. I am 843 ilvl at the moment and the only time I get squashed in dps is during trash packs which is the MOST important aspect of raids - owait it's not.... -.-
    Most of the time I am quite close to the rest of the dpsers and in some fights (cleave fights where adds spawn away from boss) I usually beat even unh dks, monks and warrs with similar ilvl or artifact.
    You guys are crying about warlocks every day instead of trying to see what your dps lacks. You give up the class just because it's not FotM. Saddest thing is that there are idiots in group finder that don't even accept you because you are a warlock, I guess all that whining from warlocks has rubbed over the whole community. I have 843 ilvl as mentioned earlier and I can only do mythics if I make MY groups simply because ppl think that I do less than 150k ST with this gear while I do 200k AT LEAST single target with this kind of gear... not to mention with hero or cleave fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm baffled by the idea that anyone can't get into mythic 5mans right now, the class is perfectly adequate for them.

If you want to reroll by all means do, I agree the class has a lot of problems - but struggling to get gear for raids should be a complete non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    How is it even possible to fall in love with the tbc version of warlock?? You literally used 1 button to dps... it could possibly be the biggest nab specc in the history of wow.
    How is it possible to be this poorly informed about tbc warlocks yet still feeling confident enough to spew your absurd claims?

SB spam destro wasn't viable until what, part way through Hyjaal / early BT?

Most of TBC was spent as affliction, which was pretty far ahead of it's time considering how close it was to WOTLK / Cata affliction. Hell, demo was pretty damn fun in TBC, especially when the felguard was on steroids and you could use it to offtank mobs in dungeons.

SB spam destro wasn't even optimal for most of the expansion, let alone all there was to play.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-09-11 at 11:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Warlocks aren't as bad as people make them sound to be. I am 843 ilvl at the moment and the only time I get squashed in dps is during trash packs which is the MOST important aspect of raids - owait it's not.... -.-
    Most of the time I am quite close to the rest of the dpsers and in some fights (cleave fights where adds spawn away from boss) I usually beat even unh dks, monks and warrs with similar ilvl or artifact.
    You guys are crying about warlocks every day instead of trying to see what your dps lacks. You give up the class just because it's not FotM. Saddest thing is that there are idiots in group finder that don't even accept you because you are a warlock, I guess all that whining from warlocks has rubbed over the whole community. I have 843 ilvl as mentioned earlier and I can only do mythics if I make MY groups simply because ppl think that I do less than 150k ST with this gear while I do 200k AT LEAST single target with this kind of gear... not to mention with hero or cleave fights.
    Beyond my personal gripe of losing my favorite way to play a destro lock (I loved saving up embers for a good proc and unloading CB's into stuff for big whopping smackaroo's), the above bolded quote is the only real problem I see with locks. Yeah, our damage is slightly below the leaders of the pack right now, but we have ALWAYS tended to scale incredibly well through expansions. I expect the numbers to be much better as the expac progresses. It's the communities portrayal of ANY DPS that isn't in the top five spots not being valid for high end content (mythics currently). I'm rather casual nowadays, I don't raid hardcore anymore, and I was looking forward to mythic 5 mans (keystone challenges) as my main way to play end game this go round. Sadly, that is now incredibly hampered by the overreaction of the community as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

What jess said, If you'd be happy with just tuning changes (which are coming in the next few weeks) then stay lock.

I have 0 intention of changing class, the outcry you see right now is no different than the outcry we saw at the start of wod and mop. It always ends up fine.

I just wouldn't recommend expecting to only play 1 spec.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet somehow we have ilvl 850+ Warlocks roaming around now.

Thing is, if you want to get into Mythic dungeon - you will, you will either go with guild (which is really best and painless way) or you will go with PuG, which accept warlocks if there is no one of the faceroll specs available for the spot.

Ultimately this is all pointless really, because if you are truly a raider of any sort of capacity you won't have gear issues really and the only credible argument would be that if you would be something alongside WW or Havoc DH, you would gear faster from PuGs because these are the star specs now that shit over most other DDs, especially casters right now.

Is that the reason to reroll? People's spine is really weak nowadays, we are like week three in expansion and people rerolling over not getting trash gear fast enough?

In any case, IMO the only objective reason to reroll is if you do not enjoy the way specs work baseline and do not confuse it with damage output, there are plenty of those who will happily play a class that tops DPS by bloody auto-attacking while alternating jumping and dancing. So if you are in for numbers, you will wait because that thing changes wildly.

On the other hand if you thematically don't like soul shards, low mobility, pets zoo spec or affliction not having soulburn/haunt (and I'll be damned if I did not see at least one guy complain about not having that cancer anymore), then yeah - reroll, you got clear text confirmation that no significant mechanical changes will happen until 7.1 which is months away.

One final thing, if people suffer so much then I see it only natural to make a change. Don't suffer.

Deleted
    Stick to your guns..

Closing this - unfortunately this isn't the place to ask should I spec "x" way or roll "y" class.