Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it was just lenghty, and WoW's engine does not favor it at all. Not hard, just a little weird. Had to re-do some steps (waterfall - jump ONLY when he stops ascending, and those times where he would jump ledges and you had to follow him on the higher terrain before the jump) but it was doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're overreacting. The quest was challenging and some people like me actually appreciated the quest.

I've just done it, but I can't even learn the recipe because I can't get further than 780 leatherworking?

Everything is gray for me. :/
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

If you did the stable during WoD, you already had some practice in "training" mounts by staying close to them over questionable terrain. The moose in Legion was a tough one but at least you got checkpoints along the way. The only part that was difficult for me was the waterfall timing. The other parts took a handful of tries sure, but they were not difficult to fix after one run through and learning the path. Took me about 30 minutes total and yeah I cursed but overall was fine. Getting my leatherworking to 800 and getting all that Felhide together will take much longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    it cant be worse than that fucking stupid quest with the owlcat who refuses to go past the fucking bridge
    OMG hahaha. Yes, that is the worst quest ever.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I assume i'm gonna have "fun" as well, when i level my LW rogue..
    Off-topic, the owlcat quest is easy. Just approach the damn kitty with your mount looking towards the direction you want the kitty to go.
    If you didn't like this quest, the follow-up has you to herd 7 more...

This sounds like the taming quests for the stables in WoD... is it really that much worse than them?

15+ Year Old Account
    I likely won't be in the position to do this quest for a while on my LW alt, but after watching a few of the videos I'm honestly not worried. Seems to me, you just need to get it in your head to not 'bite' on it's first movement. Problem is gamers have become so twitch oriented players by design(I'm looking at you fps') that on something like this you overreact and are done. Hell tbh just judging by the videos, I think the old Netherwing 'dogfight' quest was more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I likely won't be in the position to do this quest for a while on my LW alt, but after watching a few of the videos I'm honestly not worried. Seems to me, you just need to get it in your head to not 'bite' on it's first movement. Problem is gamers have become so twitch oriented players by design(I'm looking at you fps') that on something like this you overreact and are done. Hell tbh just judging by the videos, I think the old Netherwing 'dogfight' quest was more difficult.
    The Netherwing dogfight and in a similar way the Cloud Serpent race were fun quests despite their difficutly while this quest was a cringe-worthy yet not really hard quest that only required you to have the specific tools and good memory regarding the elk's movements.

having just finished i can honestly say i thought it was fun. even had a few Alliance players shooting at me along the way

This was a gruelling, brutal, frustrating, tedious quest. I LOVED IT! Of course I'll wait to craft it until after the materials go down in price as I could be selling them instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    This sounds like the taming quests for the stables in WoD... is it really that much worse than them?
    Its a taming quest with your target being off its Ritalin for 2 months that takes 15times as long as the WoD versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Glad i'm not the only one who hates that quest too. Especially the next part where you have to get them to the bigger owlcat. It's annoying as shit.
    The owlcat quest becomes incredibly simple once you decide to try it sans ground mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Bleh, this is a leatherworking only quest?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished it, and honestly I'm not sure why there are so many complaints about this. I watched maybe half of a video two weeks ago when somebody was complaining about this on MMO, just to see what the fuss was. All I used today was fighter chow, and was able to finish the entire run in less than 30 minutes. I was only dazed three times, I rope broke maybe 12 times, and that's including the 6 tries it took me on the waterfall.

As far as tips go...

1. Don't bite on every juke he makes.
    2. If he rope breaks, stop where you're at and look around at why he got away, and find a better path for the next time.
    3. If you get dazed, kill that mob and a couple around it. This prevents further dazing, and will likely relieve any stress.
    4. The way I see it, the waterfall is the only really the only place that is all about timing. Everything else is more positioning.
    5. Don't worry, be happy. Seriously the entire run takes like 15 minutes if you don't fuck up. There are plenty of "save points" throughout it, so don't get so stressed about it.

All in all, I still think that this is far easier than the Captain Skyshatter quest from Netherwing rep in BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    You're overreacting. The quest was challenging and some people like me actually appreciated the quest.
    Yup. I raged ab it at the start. Then I started streaming it and did it with my friends watching me and laughing their asses off at every troll move that goddamn Moose made =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The waterfall was the only bad part for me but I was really bad at it; it took me probably 15 tries which is a real pain considering the run back to the top is not super short.

I had a problem with overshooting the places I needed to land to keep the rope from breaking. I did watch a video guide after the first couple fails, but the guide neglected to mention that at a couple points, you need to just run off and not jump, or you'll overshoot. I had a handful of attempts where I overshot on the first rock which was insanely annoying to fail that early. I ended up just backpedaling off the first couple of rocks to prevent it.

The kicker was the first time I successfully did the waterfall, I got caught on a tree just before the next checkpoint and had to do it again

Otherwise, the rest of it you most just had to see each bit once so you knew where to be to keep the rope from breaking and where he was going to fake, and where he was going to really jump. That waterfall though. Fuck the waterfall.

(I didn't have any issues with old netherwing quests or stables quests. IMO this one was a lot harder)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    If there hadn't been checkpoints, though, I probably would have burned my house down.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'm a calm and collected individual. If I were in Top Gun, I'd be Iceman. This quest; however, had me raging.

Get a load of this. After doing this quest, I've now decided to possibly drop leatherworking because it seems pointless. I put myself through the worst quest for potentially no reason.

This is an awful quest. You need barding, you need Fighter Chow, and without both of these, you're done. The falls are too far to survive without rapid out of combat regen. You can't heal, because getting off your mount is instant failure. Also, note, at no time is it indicated that getting off your mount fails the quest. So if you thought you could heal, joke's on you.

I failed probably 15 times. Three of those times were at the end, because when the moose (let's be clear, it's a moose) jumped to the top of that column, I was in the wrong position and it broke the lasso. Then I started trying to figure out how I was supposed to get up there, because that's been the nature of the entire quest. I continued to be out of position trying to find where I was supposed to go to meet him at the top of the column.

There's a brief delay before the quest goes complete, maybe 3-4 seconds.

This quest is nothing more than a troll. Whoever designed it should be banned from ever using the term "gameplay" again. This isn't fun, it isn't engaging, it's a juke marathon masquerading as a puzzle quest. That would be fine if it was maybe 2-3 minutes, but it's THIRTEEN MINUTES, BEGINNING TO END. It is a waste of time, and I don't blame anyone who wants to stop leatherworking as a consequence. All this does is act as a stopper in the leatherworking jar, preventing you from continuing on to find a Suramar trainer.

Deleted
    Sorry you don't like challenging Content. I must have died nearly 20 times... it has been a while something felt so rewarding for a Solo Gal. Compares to the Green Fire Guy for locks back in MoP. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Sorry you don't like challenging Content. I must have died nearly 20 times... it has been a while something felt so rewarding for a Solo Gal. Compares to the Green Fire Guy for locks back in MoP. Love it.
    It's a BoP (the mount is bop) Leatherworking recipe, that lets you craft a mount whichs model has been used before. What are you on about, challenging recipe? Get real. There are some areas in your life where you don't need/want challenges. Like finding a public restroom when you really need it, or getting a damn bop LW recipe. Soon enough people will want challenging cooking. Oh wait, Nomi.

That being said, I'm stuck at the waterfall. Only tried a couple of times before letting it rest for a while, the next checkpoint after the waterfall is relatively far away. So whenever I was like "yeey, I'm done with the waterfall" I keep going, and fuck up, then back to the waterfall. :/
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-24 at 09:25 AM.