Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Neltharion's Fury

Anyone else wishing this ability was instant and allowed us to move? Seems we are the only tanks that have a artifact spell that isn't instant and can be canceled either by us getting cced (knockback, stun, etc) or by us having to move to get out of the way of a damaging ability like tanks need to do all the time. I very rarely use this ability on content that matters.

Deleted
    Yes, been leaving feedback since alpha to that effect. It's really frustrating to use in a lot of situations. I think it's pretty fair that it's cancelled by stuns since most are avoidable, but not being able to move while channeling it just sucks.

The animation is also really underwhelming and doesn't reflect its actual area of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Yes, been leaving feedback since alpha to that effect. It's really frustrating to use in a lot of situations. I think it's pretty fair that it's cancelled by stuns since most are avoidable, but not being able to move while channeling it just sucks.

The animation is also really underwhelming and doesn't reflect its actual area of effect.
    Ya looks like that sad animation form that old dragon shield.

Starting to lvl up my warrior and this was the first thing I noticed and it feels horrible. For a tank who is all about charging/leaping around to be forced to sit still like a turret just feels wrong.

Yup, another piece of beta feedback which was thoroughly ignored.

Deleted
    Well I can see that concept being interesting or "awesome", but the ability then would be just like the old shieldwall. I mean it could involve SLAMMING your Shield into the Ground and having a barrier of Earth form to surround your front 180° angle and ABSORB any damage coming from that direction only to SHATTER back the absorbed damage when the effect expires ... now THAT would be awesome! But the current one is just lame.

It's a shield made of a scale of THE EARTH WARDEN! Having it do more than "spinter" when critically blocking an attack that would involve that would be great!

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I think amongst all the new animation, yeah, could it be done a little better? Sure. But I've been playing since Vanilla, and just having this new, kinda' different custom stance that my Warrior takes up when I pop a cooldown is good enough for me.
    Maybe I'm settling, maybe I'm biased. But I've played long enough that even when little additions like this, and the other Warrior animation updates got added, I was pretty happy. I find most diehard fans aren't asking for much, and I think what we got with Legion is good enough for me to sit back and survive with the animation my shield does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorylus View Post
    I don't know. I think amongst all the new animation, yeah, could it be done a little better? Sure. But I've been playing since Vanilla, and just having this new, kinda' different custom stance that my Warrior takes up when I pop a cooldown is good enough for me.
    Maybe I'm settling, maybe I'm biased. But I've played long enough that even when little additions like this, and the other Warrior animation updates got added, I was pretty happy. I find most diehard fans aren't asking for much, and I think what we got with Legion is good enough for me to sit back and survive with the animation my shield does.

I really don't care about the animation. What the ability does and how it does it is much more important. We need to move out of damage and why are we the only tanks that can have our artifact ability canceled?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwhiteley View Post
    I really don't care about the animation. What the ability does and how it does it is much more important. We need to move out of damage and why are we the only tanks that can have our artifact ability canceled?
    I agree, it can be a tad clunky, but I've found it incredibly useful combined with DPS cooldowns in Heroics + Mythics. Yeah, it's cancelled when you move, but who gives a shit if you have Ignore Pain going as well. You're fine to sit there, tank the damage, and chuck up them big dick numbers with massive trash pulls.

I agree, it can be a tad clunky, but I've found it incredibly useful combined with DPS cooldowns in Heroics + Mythics. Yeah, it's cancelled when you move, but who gives a shit if you have Ignore Pain going as well. You're fine to sit there, tank the damage, and chuck up them big dick numbers with massive trash pulls.
    Because the point is that none of the other tanks are restricted in the same way.

Glad as prot I can get big numbers in 5 mans.

Deleted
    This ability just needs to be allowed to be chanelled while moving, and it will be completly fine and unique

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    This ability just needs to be allowed to be chanelled while moving, and it will be completly fine and unique
    that would make too much sense dude. Just too much sense.

Yeah, the artifact ability and no more ranged silence on heroic throw are the only things I don't like about prot

yeah, warrior class fantasy is standing still and having a little trickle of fire come out of your shield

As someone who only occasionally plays Prot, and didn't follow Prot during beta at all and didn't play it until release, I'm stunned that the ability is cancelled on movement. Nor did I realize it until this reading this thread, right now. I've tanked 20-some dungeons and didn't realize it. That is poor, poor game design.

I personally don't have any problems with the spell. As someone who has mained WW Monk since its release, I'm used to having a channeled spell, which restricts movement. It basically comes down to careful planning when to use it.
    I'm not defending it, or saying that it's a good concept for prot warriors, I just don't think that it is that big of an issue as some people would like it to be. Honestly, it's no gamebreaker, and frankly for some bosses you just want to crit-block that one big hit. If you get interrupted after that crit-block, the only thing you lose is a part of the damage portion of the spell. I can live with that.

It's clunky, ugly, and rarely useful. The animation doesn't match it's range, it doesn't feel or fit well within our rotation, and while it'll be good when something is heavy melee hitting you and it can be a useful cooldown during add phases it also feels a bit dangerous to use if not using with enough rage to transition back to your rotation well after use. Comparing it to other tanks it also doesn't make much sense.

I really hope they change it in some meaningful way.
    Last edited by Eatdamuffin; 2016-09-12 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Kinda on the fence about this. On one hand I do like the challenge coming from it's limitations, on the other hand I'm in severe danger of chewing parts off of my keyboard due to cancelling it with my bunny hopping fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Its animation also needs to be replaced with the bad ass firebreathing animation that the buffed toady adds in BRH use sometimes.