Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys, should i am holy for group content, but i wanna level and do world quests, should i gear and artifact for disc or for shadow? what provides an faster and smoother world quests experience?

Also, Is purge the wicked spreading not working?

Deleted
    (Excuse the lame paint skills, but easier way to get all of them in one picture. I messed up and cut stats of second stat trinket, both got exactly same stats)

Naraxas is procing quite often and it's around 5-6% of my total damage during a Mythic run. Figurehead seems great, but I tried it with an overloaded Light Wrath and it did 15k damage, so I feel it got hit very hard with the nerfs. Starlight deals very little damage. So I was wondering if I should pair the Naraxas' with one int+haste trinket or actually go for dual int+haste trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    How did you set up enemy grid? I downloaded it and have it in use, but all that appears for me is the bar/header of "Enemy Grid" - no enemy bars ever actually appear regardless of number and density of enemy mobs. I've looked all over but I'm sure how to get the addon to actually function.
    I have been using it without any setup. It is only showing health bar for each nameplate you see above mobs. That means you have to turn on enemy nameplates, and have to be facing mobs. Default key to show enemy nameplate is 'V'.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Guys, should i am holy for group content, but i wanna level and do world quests, should i gear and artifact for disc or for shadow? what provides an faster and smoother world quests experience?

Also, Is purge the wicked spreading not working?
    I recommend trying all specs. You can keep artifact power in inventory and use everything for holy, and you can do quest for other legendaries very soon after the first one. Get shadow artifact as the first one. Shadow is good early while questing, but when you are getting closer to 110 it becomes tougher and you can experiment with other specs.

Purge spreading works, but has relatively low range and mobs have to be close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    So I've been prioritizing Haste in all slots and managed to obtain a pretty good 27.67%. In terms of throughput I think I'm set, but I noticed that my mana drains rather quickly when I'm under heavy pressure. Since Haste doesn't do much for HPM I'm looking for our next best stat.

What have you guys been experimenting with? I'm currently also running 32% mastery, but maybe Crit (11%) or Versatility (3%) are better?
    Haste->Crit->Versatility->Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    (Excuse the lame paint skills, but easier way to get all of them in one picture. I messed up and cut stats of second stat trinket, both got exactly same stats)

Naraxas is procing quite often and it's around 5-6% of my total damage during a Mythic run. Figurehead seems great, but I tried it with an overloaded Light Wrath and it did 15k damage, so I feel it got hit very hard with the nerfs. Starlight deals very little damage. So I was wondering if I should pair the Naraxas' with one int+haste trinket or actually go for dual int+haste trinkets.
    IMO, damage trinkets should be avoided as Disc, simply because yes, after the huge nerfs, they provide very little extra damage most of the time.

I've tried both Eye of Skovald and Corrupted Starlight, and they're always around 1 - 1.5% of my damage. I'd rather go with flat +int/secondary trinkets to buff all of your spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    It doesn't have to be overpowered. It could be scaled to be a small but noticeable increase in duration.

I wasn't convinced that mastery was so bad either until I calculated it myself. The only situation in which mastery could be superior would be if you're not filling your globals with smite and instead doing the majority of your atonement healing with penance and SWP.

Mastery stacking is something I'll still be testing when I have the gear choices but I have my doubts regardless.
    Most of the atonement healing done in raid is done by purge and penance.

Anyway, I don't see why you can't just buff the numbers on mastery to fix the problem. They've already done that, and because of that, the stat isn't totally horrible anymore.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-09-11 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Most of the atonement healing done in raid is done by purge and penance.

Anyway, I don't see why you can't just buff the numbers on mastery to fix the problem. They've already done that, and because of that, the stat isn't totally horrible anymore.
    Scaling issues start to emerge when you have a mastery that only buffs a very narrow portion of the spell set - it's one of the reasons Discipline became a "PW:S only" spec in WoD.

Deleted
    Devilsaur trinket proc is doing decent damage for disc. 10% of my overal 120k dps

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Devilsaur trinket proc is doing decent damage for disc. 10% of my overal 120k dps
    How much actual damage is it hitting for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Tooltip damage, aka it is bugged and will probably be fixed soon. All trinket should get the disc dmg nerf, just not some of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ran a Heroic with it to test.

It's doing 7-15% of my damage, procs off everything and can proc back to back.

It hits for the same damage as 1 smite.

Feels pretty good to get multiple procs while you're applying atonements and realise that the procs just healed up the group before you even needed to penance.

Yep, just went through the entire Suramar quest chain to get it, and it's hitting for 95k - 120k, according to Skada, and critting as high as 200k.

So yeah, guess it's another trinket that the Disc trinket nerf isn't applying to...gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Tooltip damage, aka it is bugged and will probably be fixed soon. All trinket should get the disc dmg nerf, just not some of them
    It's because trinkets that aren't flagged as "caster" trinkets, aren't affected by the Disc trinket nerf.

Like the melee trinket from Deepbeard, "Giant Ornamental Pearl", does full damage for Disc, because the trinket is flagged as a melee DPS trinket, not a caster trinket.

Though, the shock baton clearly says "spells" in its tooltip, so...who knows, maybe Blizz just missed one.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-12 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    Scaling issues start to emerge when you have a mastery that only buffs a very narrow portion of the spell set - it's one of the reasons Discipline became a "PW:S only" spec in WoD.
    A very narrow part of the toolkit that makes up over 60% of the output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    A very narrow part of the toolkit that makes up over 60% of the output.
    Looking at the percentage of atonement healing doesn't tell you whether our mastery is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Amilee View Post
    Looking at the percentage of atonement healing doesn't tell you whether our mastery is good or not.
    Since context is obviously beyond you, Suplift was simply arguing that our mastery is anything but "a very narrow portion of the spell set". And not the actual numerical strength of it.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-12 at 03:14 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Since context is obviously beyond you, Suplift was simply arguing that our mastery is anything but "a very narrow portion of the spell set". And not the actual numerical strength of it.
    Politeness seems to be beyond you. And my point was that despite atonement making up for a majority of discipline healing mastery is still the worst stat and thus VigilantRose, to whom Supliftz responded, has a point.

Politeness seems to be beyond you. And my point was that despite atonement making up for a majority of discipline healing mastery is still the worst stat and thus VigilantRose, to whom Supliftz responded, has a point.
    Sorry if I made you mad by pointing out you are wrong and didn't deign to participate in useless pleasantries like you. Mastery isn't the worst stat after the buffs(for raiding), fyi, so your "point" just went out of the window right there.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Yep, just went through the entire Suramar quest chain to get it, and it's hitting for 95k - 120k, according to Skada, and critting as high as 200k.

So yeah, guess it's another trinket that the Disc trinket nerf isn't applying to...gonna enjoy it while it lasts.
    While it's nice I probably won't even bother trying to get that trinket -- better not get used to it and learn to play with what we know is going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    While it's nice I probably won't even bother trying to get that trinket -- better not get used to it and learn to play with what we know is going to stay.
    The entire quest chain takes maybe 45 minutes to complete, from the very beginning. (it's about 12-14 quick and easy quests)

10+ Year Old Account
    mastery post buffs (both to mastery itself, and dps buffs) make it not the worse stat for healing.