Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Nick Carpenter left Blizzard.

Looks like it.
    https://twitter.com/FubarNick/status/775181536756924416

The director of Blizzard Cinematic Department, now works in the new Bonfire Studios, along with Rob Pardo.
    I think it worth mention, since this guy was responsible for the ALL Blizzard Cinematics.

I will miss your work, man. Hope, Blizzard's Cinematics won't drop in quality.

If you think those cinematics are made by one person you are off your rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Movies aren't either, yet the director has a huge influence on the final result

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    There is also more than one good director on the planet though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Afaik the last thing he worked on was the movie.

He hasnt done any of the stuff in Legion to my knowledge

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, yet he is the guy who led the team that made the best cinematics in the world.

Will it have any influence on the gameplay? Most probably not.

I'm wondering about their new studio though.

They have no specific jobs in the career section on their website, wonder what they plan.

Hope it's not another avantgarde sidescroller or diablo-esque dungeon crawler "going back to the roots".

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I know, yet he is the guy who led the team that made the best cinematics in the world.
    Last thing he did was the movie. So, the legion cinematic was one of my personal favorites and he didnt have any influence there.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Will it have any influence on the gameplay? Most probably not.

I'm wondering about their new studio though.

They have no specific jobs in the career section on their website, wonder what they plan.

Hope it's not another avantgarde sidescroller or diablo-esque dungeon crawler "going back to the roots".
    It's going to be a wow killer like wildstar

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily, there is MANY more on that team, and one of the bright lights seem to be Terran (or was it Terren).

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be a wow killer like wildstar
    *grins*

I snorted there. Sorry, nothing wrong with your comment, you just made me think of how the hype was for Wildstar, and now they have like.. 2-4 servers?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Looks like it.
    https://twitter.com/FubarNick/status/775181536756924416

The director of Blizzard Cinematic Department, now works in the new Bonfire Studios, along with Rob Pardo.
    I think it worth mention, since this guy was responsible for the ALL Blizzard Cinematics.

I will miss your work, man. Hope, Blizzard's Cinematics won't drop in quality.
    Too bad. Why are so many well-known people leaving Blizzard? Something is going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Too bad. Why are so many well-known people leaving Blizzard? Something is going on there.
    Or people need to try new things before they get too old. This guy has been at Blizzard for what, 20+ years?

Deleted
    Great, 2 guys left my company last week. Want to make a post about that as well?

- - - Updated - - -

I left my last job after 8 years.
    Was a wonderful job and great people, still left just because I wanted a change of scenery.
    Same for these people, if you work somewhere long enough you want something else or at least something different.

Stop seeing shit where there is nothing. Conspiracy theory's are also not allowed on this website.

Stop saying there is nothing when you have no fucking clue if there is or not. Fact is that a lot of people have left during a short time, and that raises questions.

Deleted
    Blizzard has 5000 employees.
    I'd guess people leave and get hired more or less on daily basis.

We just happen to know a few well known community names and get our forum-panties in a twist when they change jobs after having stayed put for 15+ years.
    People change jobs. All the time. It's not a big deal.

He hasn't worked on any of the Legion cinematics. Cinematics will be fine without him, still sad to see him go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Stop saying there is nothing when you have no fucking clue if there is or not. Fact is that a lot of people have left during a short time, and that raises questions.
    What do you consider a "short time"?

I mean, it's not like we've had 10 people leave in a week or something.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Ok, you say "a lot of" - in a company 5000 people strong. How many is a lot? 100? 500? Can you maybe post a link to a list?
    What sort of number are you talking about when you say "a lot"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Or people need to try new things before they get too old. This guy has been at Blizzard for what, 20+ years?
    People don't just leave their well-payed secure jobs just to embark on an adventure that might turn out to be a failure and ruin their careers and lives. People need money to pay their bills. I would bet that they all earn less there, but they do it because they can then follow their passion instead of creating games for a developer that has certain philosophies that don't line up with theirs anymore. For whatever reason that might be.

Deleted
    People don't just leave their well-payed secure jobs just to embark on an adventure that might turn out to be a failure and ruin their careers and lives. People need money to pay their bills.
    Look up Maslow's hierarchy of needs and do some reading.
    People we're talking about now are in the upper end of that pyramid. In fact, most white-collar, middle-class employes are.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-09-12 at 12:28 PM.