Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think trash is fine.

But tuning isn't. Just one week into expansion and all trash in heroics is aoe'd. Many mechanics are ignored. ilevel creep is too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Barrage should just be removed from the game. I have yet to encounter a single Hunter that can use it without pulling the whole fecking Instance. Eye of Azshara is the worst.
    I like it in Eye of Azshara. More turtles to skin.

Is this a joke thread? If not, to answer your question, OP, no. I don't feel the way you do and I doubt many others do, either.

No, they dont have too much trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This is why I have an mmo-c.com account - I THRIVE on threads like this.. Super legit:

So, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and Blizzards taken note to every single expansion from TBC-WOD to make this masterpiece I call, LEG. So in Legion here, we have a mix of content in dungeons based off of a good mythic+ high level hurdle. So show you what I mean, I look back at Challenge modes. In MOP, challenge modes weren't too rough, it was blizzard first go at it, and tbh, it was just kick back and nice.

Blizzard upped the toughness of roics, and challenge modes in WOD - pretty rough to the point of almost nobody going for challenge modes compared to MOP (obviously a weapon vs a gear set too probably didn't help) - but this expansion doesn't have challenge modes but it does have MYTHIC+

Mythic+ will really test how quick people can get through trash/boss's in a totally different way than ever before. Instead of the gear scaling down, you just add on harder difficulty of the entire dungeon. It's going to be wild, and I am looking forward to Mythic+

Keeping everything the same as it's always been just doesn't cut it anymore in 2016, everyone wants everything they want - blizzards doing the best they can to meet that middle point that everyone can meet at.

See you all in those mythics!

Deleted
    the dungeons in legion i just love, some of the most interesting dungeons and not to forget beautiful i have seen in years.
    as for the trash sub topic , as a tank i usually try to skip as much as i can , (eye and halls of valor in particular ) as for difficulty on normal and heroic its just a piss you can just pull two packs even more and nuke the .... out of them.
    as for mythic well its cinda more challenging ( if even ) but still ok .
    the only trash i seem to have issues with and in turn make me skip a dungeon on mythic is black rook hold i really really hate that trash since you cant skip it and on mythic they do a shit load of damage specially if you are with dps who dont have a clue about what to do

but on topic i love all dungeons , one more then the other but thats my personal opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember people complaining about trash, then we've got trial of crusader. Lol. No, thanks. Trash is cool. Sincerely your fire mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember people complaining about trash, then we've got trial of crusader. Lol. No, thanks. Trash is cool. Sincerely your fire mage.
    It's about balance, really. Not enough trash and it looks hollow and boring. Too much and it becomes tedious. Some of the Legion instances could stand to have less trash, like Darkheart Thicket. The bosses are pretty fun but you inch your way to them in a narrow hallway that seems to go on forever. It has a very slow pace. Maw of Souls is a good example of a dungeon with a nice amount of trash to keep it interesting and lively.

This, soo much. There is such thing as too much trash. Kara had that insane problem. But Legion's dungeons are fine IMO.

Valor only has like 3-4 packs before every boss. Asharan has plenty that are skippable. Violet hold has it's 3-5 (forget what the set# is) with some you can instakill. Cut legion's trash count and you have nothing but boss encounters.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Trash is to much. Srlsy...why bother doing them actually. It sucks

Deleted
    Dungeons have always been more about handling the trash pulls than the actual bosses.
    I'm not sure what this complaint is about, the dungeons are fine. Complain if the raid has endless waves of trash.

I only went to normal dungeons so far.
    We finish most in 30 mins or so? Some are even faster! :O

Unless Mythic has double the trash or something, I don't see an issue.

Then again, I guess everyone who played Vanilla and remember using sheep, sap and freeze on EVERY trash group looks at todays dungeons as really fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even...

First of all, there's not more trash than in any previous expansion. Second, trash has always been the primary part of any dungeon. You kill trash for 5 minutes or so and take a break to do a boss and have a chance at loot. 3-5 bosses means dungeons take 15-25 minutes.

That is how things have been since Wrath. Compared to BC, the trash goes a lot faster since CC is not necessary and all tanks can hold aggro on an unlimited amount of mobs with minimal effort.

The only Legion dungeon that's even a little bit on the long side is Halls of Valor, and that's because there's a lot of backtracking and the final boss room has 3 encounters in a row (minibosses, god king, odyn).
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Dungeons have always been more about handling the trash pulls than the actual bosses.
    I'm not sure what this complaint is about, the dungeons are fine. Complain if the raid has endless waves of trash.
    I'm an old-timer who doesn't play anymore, but this was certainly true back in vanilla and BC - some of my favorite (and not-so-favorite) dungeons: VC, WC, BFD, Mara, Scholomance, BRD, LBRS, BF, Slabs, the TK 5-mans, MgT at the end... it was all about the mobs; which ones you could dodge, which ones you had to be careful pulling... pulling was a whole art-form/mini-game in and of itself - everyone always wanted a hunter for misdirect (and since finding a good hunter was hard, they were worth their weight in epics). And patrols! Does anyone remember the sheer terror patrols could bring, particularly the invisible ones in DM? Then there was what shortcuts you could use, what kind of cc you needed... mobs were a giant chunk of the game at the 5-man dungeon level. That loss of complexity and challenge is part of why I quit playing.

And, for the record, the Cata dungeons were not a reversion to the classic vanilla dungeon design, even before they were nerfed - there was no real complexity to their trash, it was just a long line of virtually identical (and slightly overtuned for the people running the dungeons) bowling pins that needed to be knocked down to get to the boss - if they're doing that again, then yes, that blows.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've had 0 issues with dungeons - I don't even know whether to laugh at people or to be totally fuckig stunned people think trash is too much or hard.. mythic is fucken candy easy. I've done three mythics and was HANDED 845 gear from other plate wearers.. shit is cake. Not to mention that mythics are supposed to be hard right now.. if you can't clear mythics - you sure as shit shouldn't be raiding. From someone who pugs with the shittiest groups ever known to the game - if you can't do it, just buy the 850 gear on the ah or buckle down and stop being a bad

Deleted
    The only dungeon that i'd agree has too much trash would be Halls of Valor. Everything else feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

And, for the record, the Cata dungeons were not a reversion to the classic vanilla dungeon design, even before they were nerfed - there was no real complexity to their trash, it was just a long line of virtually identical (and slightly overtuned for the people running the dungeons) bowling pins that needed to be knocked down to get to the boss - if they're doing that again, then yes, that blows.
    They are not exactly bc like hard but they require some kind of attention between a slight overall nerf to healers and tanks loosing some am.

If ppl. double-charge into several groups and pay no attention whatsoever (e.g. turning front aes towards the ranged ppl) the healer might become a bit stressed.

With respect, i both agree and disagree.

Please read to understand. I beleive the OP has had many sad, sorry and weak dps groups. I'll use the Darkheart Thicket as an example. In my first 2 tries it was slow and the trash was an issue due to weak tank and very weak dps(we ended up kicking 1 rogue cause he was simply AFKing on trash). I got to lvl 100 and started doing heroics with better geared people. The trash is skippable to some extent and flies by fast if u have a good group.

I remember people complaining about trash, then we've got trial of crusader.
    One of my most favorite instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong,I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?

So you're saying the perfect trash to boss ratio is 3 bosses, one with 3 trash pulls (all in the same spot) the next with 2 pulls (all in the same spot) and then one final trash pull. So the perfect trash to boss ratio is 2 packs to 1 boss, and those packs need to be in the combat area of the boss? Daaaaaaaaayuuuuuum. You REALLY don't like trash, do you?

Also, warlords dungeons being the best ever almost made me spit out my drink.

That being said, there might be a few dungeons where i feel like we spend too much time on trash. but if you were to cut the amount of trash in those dungeons by half, there would be far too little of it left.

So no, I don't agree with you.

I like the dungeons fine, and the trash isn't that bad. It would be a lot better though if Blizzard hadn't doubled down on pushing abilities with unintentional cleave. Barrage was always annoying because it'd bring you extra trash when used incorrectly (and sometimes when used correctly). Now you have fire mages with a mastery that cleaves and destro locks who, when specced for aoe, automatically cleave from their filler spell.