Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic dungeons order

hi there,

just wanted to get your opinion on which 5mans are easiest/fastest/painless to start with. Just starting to run mythic with guildies and wanted to get easy ones first. Which would you say are smoothest to run first?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are all very easy, but I guess violet hold, black rook hold or halls of valor is a good place to start.

All pretty easy, notably tricky fights are cordana in vault of the wardens, odyn in halls of valor, helya in maw of souls.

Darkheart Thicket worked well for us, I think it's one of the easier ones. We tried Violet Hold first, at the beginning of the current id, and failed miserably. After clearing every other mythic, we managed to do it. I think we 'progressed' in the following order:

Darkheart Thicket -> Neltharions Lair -> Eye of Azshara -> Halls of Valor -> Vault of the Wardens -> Black Rook Hold -> Maw of Souls -> Violet Hold.

Weird, always felt VH was among the easiest. Can't really find what can be hard there, maybe trash is spawning too quickly? But yeah, DHT is pretty easy, the difficulty is in not falling asleep on the trash.

So DHT < VH < EoA < VotW < NL < BRH < MoS < HoV

Halls of Valor has some pretty punshing trash and a bit unforgiving bosses, especially Hymdall and Odin. Maw of Souls is only up there because of Helya being a pain in the neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with relatively bad dps you can do most bosses pretty easy and as long as you take trash packs sensibly you will be fine.

As ever, trash is often more difficult than most of the trivial bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easiest IMO are Darkheart Thicket, Halls of Valor and Black Rook Hold. Vault of the Wardens is easy besides the last boss, which can be tricky if everyone isn't 100% confident with tactics and has good DPS.

Helya is a pain if you're not good at looking where she's casting her purple thing. If you're on voice comms, I recommend putting markers on each side then assigning someone to call out which marker is safe to run to. That pretty much trivialised it for us when our gear and experience was low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

As always: if you have good dps everything dies quite fast and there are no big problems.

If you struggle on dps there are some bosses which are a bit difficult (the blood queen lanathel lookalike in Violet Hold or the final boss in Maw of Souls for example).

Otherwise my order would be something like that (only done 7 till now). From easy to hard

Darkheart Thicket > Eye of Azshara > Neltharions Lair > Violet Hold > Black Rook Hold > Vault of the Wardens

Maw of Souls easiest or hardest depending on your dps for the final boss. We struggled with very low dps and bad movement in p2 for hours (5 melee tentacles p1). Meanwhile on another group with very good dmg it went down like nothing (2 melee tentacles in p1).

All in all they are really not that hard. Move out of shit and look at the journal if there is something special on heroic/mythic. Do follow the Encounter rules a bit. Final boss of vault of wardens should be the hardest encounter with the walls. But again we had very weak dps there so it took a while. Also i was argumenting with the shaman who was absoluty sure his bloodlust would serve as best at 30% (when 2 dps where already dead -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Weird, always felt VH was among the easiest. Can't really find what can be hard there, maybe trash is spawning too quickly?.
    Yeah, pretty much that. We couldn't kill those big fel guards in time, which resulted in 2 portals being open at the same time. Wiped, reset, same thing happened and we decided to start somewhere else where you have more control over the pacing. Our group consisted of a bear tank, priest healer and 3 melees (enh shaman, DK and Monk), all around ilvl 825, except the priest, who started at 815.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2016-09-12 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    Depends on whether you are talking PuG or organized group with voice chat, imo...

From my experience, the order is this (from easiest to hardest):

Darkheart Thicket < Maw of Souls (if you can dodge Helya's Breath) < Neltharion's Lair < Violet Hold < Halls of Valor < Eye of Azshara < Black Rook Hold < Vault of the Wardens < Maw of Souls (if you can't dodge Helya's Breath)

I wonder why people put BRH as easy, I find it to have one of the hardest trash mobs of them all

10+ Year Old Account
    From easiest to hardest (without a coordinated group, otherwise they're all fairly simple):
    Thicket
    Black Rook
    Neltharion's Lair
    Violet Hold
    Halls of Valor
    Maw of Souls
    Vault of Wardens
    (haven't unlocked last two yet, so I can't rank them)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    I wonder why people put BRH as easy, I find it to have one of the hardest trash mobs of them all
    Depends on group comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Can you use the defense crstal in violet hall or are they disabled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yes you can use them
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You can. If you don't use them at all for the first two waves, you can use one on each pack in the third wave to completely trivialize them (and you should, because the third wave elite squads are a tank wrecker)

I wouldn't start with Violet Hold or Black Rook Hold. VH because you can't pull at a pace that fits your gear, you just end up getting snowballed on with more portals if you can't keep up. Black Rook Hold because there's some trashpacks that can really destroy you.
    My groups usually just go EoA -> Vault -> Rook -> Thicket -> Nelly's -> VH -> Maw -> HoV, simply because it's easier to keep track of what you're missing.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-12 at 08:02 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

My group was:

Darkheart -> VH (use crystals after 2nd boss on spider waves) -> Nelth's Lair -> Blackrook Hold -> Maw of Souls (literally only 'hard' part is breath on last boss) -> Eye -> Vault -> HoV

The only reason we did Eye/HoV last was because of trash. HoV has massive amounts of trash. Eye has a decent amount and you have to pull every single goddamn seagull.

Deleted
    Black Rook Hold is the worst because of the amount of trash. Also the bosses are relatively hard compared to others. The end boss will wreck a tank if you are not prepared for the damage spike in the phase transition.

Violet Hold is probably the hardest when you have a low dps group that has not unlocked 3 artifact slots.

Other than that Helya, Odyn and Cordana are tricky fights.

Helya is the toughest I would say. The spray in the first phase is very hard to avoid and deals tons of damage.
    Cordana only depends on 1 guy organizing everything and dodging the shuriken. I play Mistweaver monk so I heal and handle the light by myself. It is relatively easy and I can carry my group to do this first try even with people not knowing the boss really.
    Odyn seems tricky but is actually really easy. Priority is killing the add and staying alive, tell your dps to play safe.

MoS is the "worst" because Helya encounter shows how casual are fucking trash that cant move properly or avoid dmg, jesus christ she even raise her hands before cast sigh

Meanwhile trash mobs are painfully in BHR or HoV because in HoV people cant use mugs to skip.

Helya and Odyn should really be the only 2 bosses of great difficulty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    I find Helya and Odyn 2 of the easiest bosses to deal with as a tank most annoying place i find as a tank is the area between second and third boss in Blackrook