Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelthar View Post
    Legion is the best expansion after WOTLK by far! I dont even mind doing the world quests, and the rep farming. Especially with the rewards you are able to get.
    You do realise that in previous expansions you would have been able to get better rewards and pick them right? the currency/rep/etc from dailies could be used at vendors to pick items you wanted for your class/spec instead of just being handed random junk.

Suramar's questing alone blows every single thing in WoD away. I haven't felt more emotionally attached to questing or factions in general since Crusader Bridenbrad. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30562/crusader-bridenbrad
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Really nice trolling. Have you thought of working on debate TV shows? You could generate opinion from just anything!

Tanaan wasn't there on launch. Garrisons are barely customizable as they all have the same aesthetic appearance. The class changes don't equal cut content.

...wait a minute is this a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Professions

WoD: useful, easily levelable professions
    Did you even play WoD? All professions were totally useless from start to finish.

Deleted
    Either trolling or stupid, not decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    Did you even play WoD? All professions were totally useless from start to finish.
    Can we not go to the entire opposite extreme here? Hyperbole vs hyperbole?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Can we not go to the entire opposite extreme here? Hyperbole vs hyperbole?
    Yeah I for one had use for professions. As I don't have a raiding guild.

Don't even try to compare wod professions to legion one. In legion you can finally farm gold with professions. Doing 50k/day is so easy without spending 5 hours.

In wod? Professions were usuless. It was much better to spam alts and get tresaure hunters - before nerf. 100% troll

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if just stupid or trolling
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Mods, get in here.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    give op the medicine plz.

Deleted
    Did you forget your meds again OP? But yeah, 7/10 troll.

I mean, despite this being an obvious troll post, the main problem with WoD wasn't the launch content. When WoD first launched it was seen as a very solid expansion. It wasn't until the lack of content that people first started to get disheartened. I think people saying Legion is the best expansion are a little biased by the begining of the expansion hype. Think this disscusion is better saved for when legion is nearing its end and compare the expansions as a whole product then what we think now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, I have to disagree with you OP on almost ALL your points. Just the fact that people complained about too little to do in WoD and now, too much to do in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily, never claimed it was the best, but I can't say it was 100% shit either.
    People were saying it was soooo good. It didn't even matter that a zone was locked off, because they had LOTS of content.. Namely the garrison. And listen to the people now... I'm astonished, in a very bad way.

Which were the interesting, more importantly relevant treasures in WoD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    World

WoD: 6 zones including a small playable area of Tanaan. Interesting, hidden and more importantly relevant treasures in every zone.

Legion: 5 zones including a small temporary area of Broken Shore + DH-exclusive Mardum. Boring, irrelevant treasures in every zone.

Classes

WoD: 11 well developed classes.

Legion: 11 watered down classes and 1 class that is an amalgamation of pruned abilities from other classes.

(here's an example of a watered down class: hunters used to have 4 defining characteristics: a pet, use of ranged weapons, use of traps and the ability to kite. Legion "trimmed" every spec until only one characteristic was left: pet for BM, ranged weapons for MM and traps for SV. Kiting was removed altogether by giving melee classes an obscene amount of gap closers and removing the need to kite in dungeons)

Garrison / Class hall

WoD: a highly customizable player home, 3 different classes of buildings (small, medium, large) each offering a unique way to interact with them and the environment. 20 (25) followers to send on diverse missions and periodic garrison invasions. Gave useful junk for your character.

Legion: a completely uncustomizable soviet era commune, 6 tiers of talents that hardly change how the class hall plays (with the exception of DH / DK / mage / warlock / paladin / warrior instant mission completion work orders). 5 champions to send on diverse missions. Gives useful junk for your character.

Quests

WoD: immersive, jaw-dropping questlines. Dailies replaced by high-level areas that offered unique and diverse ways of completing them (disrupting equipment, killing mobs / elites, transforming into mobs).

Legion: immersive, jaw-dropping questlines. Dailies replaced by scaled-up versions of the quests that you did while leveling, mostly of the kill x amount of mob y variety. Special shoutout for the world quest that has you chasing after squirrels.

Professions

WoD: useful, easily levelable professions that provided you with a way to make gold or improve your gear. Some offered useful QoL gimmicks (loot-a-rang etc).

Legion: mostly useless, hard to level professions that provide you with trash to channel into your obliterum forge. No new useful QoL gimmicks.

PvP

WoD: 2 new unique playgrounds for PvP players (Ashran and Highmaul Coliseum). Mostly balanced classes, with a few rare exceptions.

Legion: 2 new arenas that play just the same as old arenas. Broken classes.

Dungeons

WoD: 8 dungeons with 3 modes (normal, hc, challenge).

Legion: 10 dungeons with 3 modes (normal, hc, mythic (+). I wouldn't count mythic 0 as a separate mode since it is essentially hc.

Raids

WoD: 2 raids with 17 bosses available 3 weeks and 2 months after release respectively.

Legion: 2 raids with 17 bosses available 3 weeks and 4+ (?) months after release respectively.

Weapons

WoD: lots of different weapons, each of which had a sort of identity for different specs.

Legion: 36 different weapons that lock you into 1 spec.

Misc stuff

WoD and Legion have essentially the same amount of content available for fishing, archaeology and pet battle related stuff. Kosumoth the Hungered was found way faster than the Giant Wave Serpent, though.

Conclusion

While Legion has slightly more dungeon content, it has equal or less content than WoD in other areas.
    Lol the bit where you talk about balanced classes in PvP at the start of WoD. Clearly doesn't PvP much.

Also try fucking harder.. Like jesus christ. I haven't seen anybody TRY to hate a game this much in a long time.

WoD had more zones? Great, shame you literally NEVER had a reason to go to them. Also the dungeon difficulty?! Please don't try to pretend CM's were even remotely challenging at any point in the expansion.

I'll leave it with "well developed classes". Literally lol'd. Arms Warrior, Enhancement Shaman, Sub Rogue, all literally awful to play.

Just chill man, accept people finally like the game you literally hate with every fiber of your body and move on with your life. This shit is getting old. Looking at your previous posts you had it in for WOD as well. Trouble accepting reality I guess.

Ehh, treasures were more interesting in WoD. I'm not sure how you can disagree on that, not just the same ap items every time.

Deleted
    Is it time already to start this bs?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If this is not a troll post I really don't know what to tell you.