Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    GS needs to be made not DPS negative, plain and simple. Trap talents are bad. Talents made traps by traits are even worse.
    I feel dumb since no one asked... but what is the trap with Glacial Spike?

On another note: how is Comet Storm single target compared to Glacial Spike? I'd say it's hard to compare since the GS damage is pretty unpredictable with Black Ice proccs - are there any insights available?

I like how Glacial Spike feels gameplay wise, but am really uncertain how all the talents affecting Frostboltdamage (and thus icicles) work into it.

Does a procced UM FrostBolt increase the stored icicle and resulting Glacial Spike?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    I feel dumb since no one asked... but what is the trap with Glacial Spike?
    Not a dumb question, most aren't reading the TC on Discord when it happens.

While GS's DPCT works out against Frostbolt and related modifiers, it lowers your uptime of 3 stack Chain Reaction by a significant margin when compared to BC/TV, which actually lowers your DPS beyond having no L100 talent. This is why it both needs a buff and CR needs a reduction/able to proc from more than just Frostbolt.

Had CR not existed, it'd be fine. I understand the idea is to bring back the old feeling of Shatter combos, but it really doesn't feel like them in the slightest. It just feels like a punishment for casting other spells.

It's really odd. While Blizz painted themselves into a corner with a lot of Frost's coefficients to maintain proper spell priority, the few that need the most attention are the ones with the largest leeway. GS can have as large a spell coeff as you want, up until 4-5 Frostbolts outweigh the potential damage loss of any Ice Lances due to getting more GSes out. FBomb's AOE component can be as high as needed, it has 0 impact on single target. AG-Blizzard can go as high as you want due to already wanting near 100% uptime on it in ST and having a cooldown, although it does impact ST.

On another note: how is Comet Storm single target compared to Glacial Spike? I'd say it's hard to compare since the GS damage is pretty unpredictable with Black Ice proccs - are there any insights available?
    CmS>GS at the moment, due to the above. You can pull perfectly fine numbers on dungeon bosses with CmS, and you made the run quicker due to superior AOE.

I like how Glacial Spike feels gameplay wise, but am really uncertain how all the talents affecting Frostboltdamage (and thus icicles) work into it.

Does a procced UM FrostBolt increase the stored icicle and resulting Glacial Spike?
    To be clear, UM does nothing to the stored Icicle value. You have [Frostbolt]+[Unstable Magic]+[Mastery% of Frostbolt], where Ice Nine rolls for a second Icicle generation, Black Ice rolls for each generated to double the stored value, Splitting Ice increases the stored value by 5%, and Glacial Spike pulling all stored damage and increasing it by Vers/damage bonuses (Chilled to the Core, Spellbourne, Rune of Power) as part of the final spell calculation. UM is simply damage on the initial Frostbolt impact, nothing more.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-09-12 at 08:48 AM.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AscgiiGP7RrlhKVLvqSXqrvg8LvOiw

Obviously a no movement fight which helps a ton. But the rogue is 840iLvl Outlaw, and a decent player. I would've done better had I got that RoP down at the end, and my WoW didn't lock up momentarily. (It has been doing that all expansion. I clear my cache everyday and it still doesn't help.) I generally don't have a problem topping charts in heroics/mythics on bosses. Trash on the other hand I throw down a Blizzard and suck on my thumb and wait til the next boss.

Today I finally got my base haste to 30% so I'm switching from Bone Chilling to Ray of Frost for Heroics. Keeping Bone Chilling for Mythics since stuff takes a bit longer.

It really is a shitty feeling though. I've been threatened to be kicked by low DPS on trash pulls before the first boss. I tell them just to wait for the boss and it'll be OK. After that first boss they are like OK yeah that's good, just try harder on trash... I do the best I can but nothing really helps.

Deleted
    When I visit the Mage class hall, all I see is a massive sea of floating fire orbs.