Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, you made no points at all.

And no, they aren't "on par" with cata heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Your reasons are false and haven't been proven. You aren't excluding someone just because its not queueable.
    IMO, cata heroics were harder than these mythic dungeons (Arc/court are def a step up but still not too difficult). This could just down to me out gearing mythics already due to insane RNG (ilvl 847). But it could also be down to how different methods you have to gear up, making it far easier to meet the reqs for the dungeons.

~~~

What I do find amusing, is people in WoD complained that there was no server interaction, you just sat in your garrison and queued up for things. Now you need to talk to people or use LFG to find other groups wanting to go and apply to join or make your own and we have more complaints that "we don't want to".

I made a bunch of friends while lvling and queing heroics, I added the players I felt were decent and have done every mythic twice (except arc/court), Often with the strangers I met through LFG/LFD.

Not everybody who does mythics is an elitiest either, When I make my group I ask for 820+ for 8 of the mythics and 830+ for arc/court (I also allow people to invite their undergeared but good friends, Had an 810 bear and 815 healer do mythics with me).

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is lazy. End of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    They should completely remove all group finding tools.
    ^ a million times this !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Some people don;t want to lead a group. "Make your own group" is a handwaving solution to everything.

The issue is class balance.

The game is drowning in DPS - you'll neve rhave any trouble getting into any group as a half decent tank or healer (the PUGs who are opening up the Arcway and Court of Stars are all desperate for healers, for example, whilst there's a massive oversupply of dps)

So naturally, such groups are able to pick and choose what classes they take because they want the highest performing and most able classes. At this point the game is severely unbalanced for classes. As a mage you'll get an invite. As a warlock of any spec or a shadow priest you just won't.

The first check any group will apply is "what class? Oh, Warlock, forget it. Take one of the three mages applying". Outsid eof world quests sign up as a warlock, it's all decline, decline, decline, no matter you ilevel

The LFG tool overcomes this by automatching roles, so all dps classes are treated as being equal. Everyone knows they aren't, there are right now some classes in the trash can and some who are mini-gods. This may change in a tuning pass, but I'm willing to bet they won;t dare nerf demon hunters. Or fire mages either "but I spent all my artifact power on it wah"
    I've been doing Mythics this and previous week with no problem. As a SV hunter. A melee spec that could be ranged at any time, with no stun, sub-par AoE and little to no survival abilities. And Warlock is somehow a problem? Yeah, I'd put my money on "no". Especially since I've seen quite a few, doing pretty decent AoE. Or kickass ST as demo.

Leading a group - sure, some people don't want to do so, but it's always an option. Usually you don't have to pick that. Just browse groups, find one with tank and a dps spot, sign up for all of them, hope you get in. When I didn't wanna lead or think, I just did that, and it worked well.

And class balance is not so much of an issue as people make it out to be. It WILL be, very soon - in Mythic+ and raids (which makes me kind of worry seeing how SV isn't performing as good as I hoped it would), but right now in Mythics it is not, since they are quite easy. No group wipes because they took Shadow Priest, Fury Warrior and Affiction Warlock in - they fail because a tank tanked Hyrja in between, or people didn't know wtf is Glazer about.

But I kind of agree, since more difficult content is coming up, Warlocks should cross their fingers Blizzard will cave in and give them a hand. Especially since Artifact is becoming a bit of a burden if you invested a lot into something not really the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    Did you lead a group through those dungeons when you did them for the first time? I bet no. See.
    Yes, I did. And I told them to read the boss journal before each pull. And guess what? We wiped a few times and beat the Arcway and the Court of Stars.

Constallation? Random person playing blood DK, Restoration Druid (me), Outlaw Rogue (my friend), Random person playing Demonology Warlock, random person playing marksman hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    ^ a million times this !!!
    Amen to that. I fricking hate that thing and the behaviour it encourages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Mainly because not everyone sees Mythics as the new heroics, and because m experience in the "manual selection" has been much different, magically.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a good argument.. you have normals and Heroics queue-able. "Luck of the draw' isn't a good reason to put Mythics there too.
    If the Mythics are on par with Cata Heroics then yes, it is.

Stop defending bad design with your Social Darwinian nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer it being like it is today, where I can hand pick the members of the group. Being queued with randoms is horrible. Most players are pretty bad, so being able to at least increase the odds of getting someone with a brain = good.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    If the Mythics are on par with Cata Heroics then yes, it is.

Stop defending bad design with your Social Darwinian nonsense.
    I don't see where you think thats true, or that means anything. Heroics are heroics. Mythic is mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Completely agree, nobody wants to take a 841 frost dk in their mythic runs, I would love to be able to queue and get things done. I'm bad and forming and leading groups.
    There's barely any "leading" you have to do on a Mythic dungeon. The biggest part of it is just accepting 4 other people into your group and help summoning them. The rest is just doing your part and see if it goes well.

You might actually meet some fun/interesting/nice people you end up adding to b.net to do more Mythics with next week, you know?

If you're not willing to make an unelitist group, why should others be?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I prefer it being like it is today, where I can hand pick the members of the group. Being queued with randoms is horrible. Most players are pretty bad, so being able to at least increase the odds of getting someone with a brain = good.
    How do you know the skill of the random people you find in the LFG?

Is there some hiddin value I'm missing that indicates how good people are at mechanics for total strangers?

10+ Year Old Account

Is there some hiddin value I'm missing that indicates how good people are at mechanics for total strangers?
    I knew this question would pop up. I'm guessing you already know the answer, though.
    Hi

Deleted

Yeah, it's called social interaction. You can talk to the candidates who want to join your group and decide if they're up for it or unable to type/read chat or understand written instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I knew this question would pop up. I'm guessing you already know the answer, though.
    I do.

It may be different than what you assume it is

(Hint: There isn't one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    I don't have a problem with approaching something unfamiliar. Are you serious? Did you even read what we were talking about? It was about not being able to find a group because people demand an achievement, that I'm not gonna get if people don't take me with them in the first place. How am I supposed to approach something unfamiliar when people won't let me? Please pay attention.

Did you lead a group through those dungeons when you did them for the first time? I bet no. See.
    It's as simple as this:

If everyone who doesn't have the achievements comes to the forums to complain about how there are only elitist groups, there will never be unelitist groups, because the people who care about those types of learning/lower gear runs are all busy complaining about how the world is unfair and mean instead of being trying to find other unexperienced or low geared people to go do mythics with.

Auto-matchmaking won't fix it, it will just make a worse experience for everyone. Complaining won't fix it. Just get it on your hands and make a learning/low-gear group and/or find other people in the same situation as you and go do it.

You don't need to "lead" through it, especially if you specify it as a learning run. Just assemble the group and figure it out together: Tell everyone to read the dungeon journal and ask them to communicate, especially after a wipe so you try something different next time. You don't need a leader or someone explaining tactics for 5man mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Yeah, it's called social interaction. You can talk to the candidates who want to join your group and decide if they're up for it or unable to type/read chat or understand written instructions.
    Yes I totally want to chat up people I'll never see again after a dungeon is done.

Maybe you people feel like throwing friend contacts around after such casual jaunts but some of us are not so indiscriminate in who we fill our friends list with.

The last social Interaction I got from someone in LFG was someone saying they had to kick me to bring a Guildy in only for me to reply "Um, what?" and then they dropped group entirely.

I then filled the group with whatever came up first int he party finder and we did the dungeon completely blind with only one wipe on the first boss.

It may as well have been a queued group.

This is pretty clearly a troll thread designed to stir the shit pointlessly between pointless opposing sides. Truth be told if how mythic groups are formed makes you quit then it was destined to happen anyway. If it wasn't this something else was going to come up. Maybe the color of the grass in one zone is off a bit and it drives you crazy too. I have never seen a mythic group ask me for an achievement and I have pugged the whole list both weeks. I did run into one or two dicks but truth be told that's not a bad ratio. I mean if you come here to bitch about it you are coming to a place with an equal to or higher jerk to nice person ratio. Which means that's not really an issue to you. If you want to pug these things follow a few rules:

1. Making your group works. All you do is click "start group" then enter a title, your requirements, and select names from a list. That's it. Really. Now the group works your way.

If you don't make a group here are things to think about:

2. If you see a group of 3+ or more from the same guild just bail. You will be the escape goat for everything 9 times out of 10. Don't put yourself through it if you feel under prepared or under knowledged. Other groups are out there.

3. Be honest but not annoyingly honest. Say it's your first time. Say it's ok to give suggestions. Ask for advice. Even if you don't really need it because this can make someone that's about to be a dick act like a leader instead because the door was opened for them.

4. Being kicked isn't the end of the world. In life we all eventually face rejection and it often sucks. Just get over it and on to the next group. This happens because of being bad, making an honest mistake, other people making mistakes and you being blamed, pure hate, trolling, and all sorts of things not listed. Just move on but realize if it's happening all the time what the only common factor is in these experiences.. YOU. So be prepared to accept you might need to adapt if you want to group with others.

5. Play nicely with others. When I see someone acting stupidly it's just easier to either not get involved or to simply ignore the situation instead of flaming it on. After all it's just text on the corner of the screen. When someone does something awesome I normally acknowledge it with a complimentary "good job". I also make sure I am paying attention and prepared so I am not the problem. Even when I was the guy that hadn't been there before or was a bit under geared.

When I create my mythic groups I try to get the best possible setup, class/itemlvl/proving grounds skill/utility. Why waste time with warlocks/shadows when I can have outlaw rogues/ good dhs?

Why take a silver proving grounds pleb if there are alteast 20 gold ones and a few endless ones?

I get zerg swarmed when I start a group as a healer, ~50 applications in short time!

Blizzard should really buff warlocks/shadows and not force us to carry them.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-12 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    No it's enough. Dungeons are not raid. You go there as tank, mash buttons and voilà.

I've finished several mythics with garbage dps and semi-retarded players.

No one ever asked for any kind of achievement, OP is just trying to stir up some trouble for attention

its really simple, start your own group, for plain mythic 0 make it 830+ or maybe 825+ in description .. still reasonable, but you also wont get the fresh 800-810 ppl

guaranteed there is plenty of ppl in LFG tool looking for such groups, since they also dont get accepted into the more elitist 840/845/850+/achievements demanding groups, so yours will fill up

then fly/summon and go .. there is nothing to lead

although it will definitely be easier if you are the tank or healer ..but thats true for LFD as well