Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I loved the idea of Trial of the Crusader, to me, the less trash the better. BUT I realize that will NEVER happen. I guess trash is there to fit the lore, an empty dungeon would not make much sense, as no one guards their masters etc, but isn't PvE really about the boss encounters? To perform tactics, to master your class to do proper damage or healing, to avoid damage, interupt abilities etc etc.

Trash is and will always be, regardless how you look at it: TRASH. Something you HAVE to clear to reach the bosses. Something you attack without thinking much. Either you replace it with mini bosses that require tactics or remove it if you ask me.

To have something there that you just have to clear for no other reason than to get what is behind them doesn't make much sense to me. I play this game to have fun and I rather they adjust the game for maximum entertainment instead of adjusting it to fit the lore so that the RP fans can be happy.
    You should play Shadow of the Colossus, no trash, only bosses.

After having done all dungeons on heroic (except Court of Stars/Arcway ofc), most of the dungeons are fine, trash-wise. Except Black Rook Hold. It feels like it never ends. It's also very dark. It's hard for me to play in WoW's dark places
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?
    Absolutely, strongly agree.

And what's worse is that the trash isn't really serving any purpose. They maybe drop a grey vendor trash item every 5th kill, don't give rep, don't give AP, and don't really seem to do anything new. The only thing I can think of is that they're there to make Mythic+ a freaking nightmare of wasted time.

It's not that I have anything against trash mobs that have a purpose. If they were regularly good for ANYTHING besides just taking up your time between bosses, I wouldn't mind. But the current state of them is...meh. Make them actually worth dealing with. Have them drop a lot of gold, or AP, or something to make them worth killing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Absolutely, strongly agree.

And what's worse is that the trash isn't really serving any purpose. They maybe drop a grey vendor trash item every 5th kill, don't give rep, don't give AP, and don't really seem to do anything new. The only thing I can think of is that they're there to make Mythic+ a freaking nightmare of wasted time.

It's not that I have anything against trash mobs that have a purpose. If they were regularly good for ANYTHING besides just taking up your time between bosses, I wouldn't mind. But the current state of them is...meh. Make them actually worth dealing with. Have them drop a lot of gold, or AP, or something to make them worth killing.
    Don't know if we played the same game the last years, but trash had never good loot or much gold. at the most it had random drops (which still exist) that have a realy low drop chance.

warlords heroics took me 6-8 min to run at the end of WoD
    legion heroics take me 12-16 min to run at the start of legion

obviously the sky is falling

Legion has been out for a week and some people are already 850+ ilvl.

I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.

The problem is that the dungeons are completly unplayable. They are the worst dungeons this game has ever seen. I know that is a strong statement but I find it to sadly be true.

Why are they bad? Boring bosses? Uninspiring themes? Low droprates for gear?

No. They are great in many ways BUT the problem is simple.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash. So much trash that it makes me despise every single one of them.

Entering a Legion dungeon reminds me of horrible moments in WoW's history. It reminds of Mount Hyjal trash, trash before Ultraxion in DS, trash before Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar or all the endless trash of Throne of Thunder. All those raids made me want to quit becuase the trash was unbearable.

And now we see the same thing in the dungeons. Every INCH of each dungeon is covered with mobs. It looks like someone at Blizzard had a map of each dungeon and just said like "put some here... some here... maybe some here... hm, why not some here... looks good! oh wait, just to be safe, better put some here and here as well". By the time you reach a boss you never want the fight to end becuase you know more trash awaits after. They put trash where no trash is needed. Not a single area is trash free. I already know that Blizzard never heard of "less is more", just look on the continents Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles, which has insanely amount of mobs and basically no areas to get out of combat. BUT since previous dungeons have been so good, it makes no sense that they went so bananas now with the trash. I just want some areas where you can just enjoy the scenery. I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

This expansion is great and a lot of people say like "yeah it's a lot of trash but so what" since they enjoy the expansion. But we should remember that these dungeons will remain the ENTIRE expansion and will remain a source of gear. We have to endure these till the next expansion.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

And NO, I'm not upset because I gear slowly. I'm upset that something that feels both mandatory (to gear, to get achivs etc) and something that SHOULD be fun (I have always liked dungeons) now is a complete nightmare.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?
    It is people like you that got us places like Trial of the crusader.....

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    It is people like you that got us places like Trial of the crusader.....
    I actually love TotC. That being said, already with 850 gear I'm cruising through instances within 10 minuts. Eye of azshara is defo the worst of them all though.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post

And, for the record, the Cata dungeons were not a reversion to the classic vanilla dungeon design, even before they were nerfed - there was no real complexity to their trash, it was just a long line of virtually identical (and slightly overtuned for the people running the dungeons) bowling pins that needed to be knocked down to get to the boss - if they're doing that again, then yes, that blows.
    I certainly don't recall that. The reason why many people left in Cata due to dungeons was that trash was actually very demanding. You needed to CC mobs in packs, sometimes more than 1, you needed to interrupt their 100% heals, nuke abilities and such. You couldn't just mindlessly AE them, with maybe 1 stray interrupt thrown in. But, since there wasn't so much of this trash, it felt more meaningfull. For example in Lost City - one of my favourite dungeons of all time - the initial packs kicked asses of unprepared groups, but before the first boss there were like 2-3 pulls. This trash was demanding, requiring the group to at least communicate via markers, and there wasn't so much of it to make you just used to it. Too much of this kind of trash doesn't make things difficult, it makes things tedious.

That's why I don't see why some people here are trying to shame the OP. He stated his opinion, and it's kind of valid. In HoV you are killing the same Warrior-Healer-Shaman pack like 10 times. It's just a pointless repeatable thing you do in between bosses, with almost variation. In BRH you slowly crawl through the tower, killing packs of those little demons one by one - packs that do nothing except of "being there". Those are a few frustrating and boring parts of new dungeons, stating that out isn't anything bad. Especially since in most cases the gaps between bosses are actually pretty good, with various mobs, as in Vault of the Wardens, Maw of Souls or Eye of Azshara. Except of Hydra boss, clearing seagulls is kind of unepic.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Except for pacing, which is the entire reason trash exists in any dungeon or raid. The trash is also far better now than it used to be as, in most cases, they give you a preview of the abilities you are going to meet on the boss they lead into.

Also overall, no, I do not agree with anything from the OP. The dungeons are fine.
    The pacing of WHAT? How much of your time is wasted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    Don't know if we played the same game the last years, but trash had never good loot or much gold. at the most it had random drops (which still exist) that have a realy low drop chance.
    And it wasn't good then, either. At least in previous expansions trash was sometimes worth rep.

Like I said, the dungeons are great scenery, music, boss-wise etc. etc.

It's the trash that takes out all of the fun for me.
    Go play trial of the crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's about balance, really. Not enough trash and it looks hollow and boring. Too much and it becomes tedious. Some of the Legion instances could stand to have less trash, like Darkheart Thicket. The bosses are pretty fun but you inch your way to them in a narrow hallway that seems to go on forever. It has a very slow pace. Maw of Souls is a good example of a dungeon with a nice amount of trash to keep it interesting and lively.
    The only dungeon I hate is violet hold. The pacing is beyond awful.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious you never ran dungeons from Vanilla WoW and TBC WoW... THAT was a lot of trash, especially Vanilla.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    The only dungeon I hate is violet hold. The pacing is beyond awful.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    I would rather punch myself in the face, literally, than do Violet Hold.

Neltharion's Lair and Maw of Souls are the best dungeons ever made. Halls of Valor is the only dungeon I don't really like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I would rather punch myself in the face, literally, than do Violet Hold.
    Did you play through Wrath by chance? That dungeon is nothing more than a stroke off for us old timers. Just as crappy as it's ever been and I love it.

Agree with too much trash. Doesn't take a wall of text and bitching to say that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Did you play through Wrath by chance? That dungeon is nothing more than a stroke off for us old timers. Just as crappy as it's ever been and I love it.
    You either learn to love it through sheer hatred, or instantly quit when you queue into it. At least the portals almost instantly spawn one after another, unlike in WotLK where the portals opened at their own sweet ass time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's obvious you never ran dungeons from Vanilla WoW and TBC WoW... THAT was a lot of trash, especially Vanilla.
    You don't know trash until you're 2 hours into Blackrock Depths and the hunter runs out of ammo and resorts to meleeing the rest of the encounter because we're all too damn tired to run back to the entrance to summon him as he hearths out. And then the trash before King Tharassian begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You don't know trash until you're 2 hours into Blackrock Depths and the hunter runs out of ammo and resorts to meleeing the rest of the encounter because we're all too damn tired to run back to the entrance to summon him as he hearths out. And then the trash before King Tharassian begins...
    "Today were going to full run BRD"

Ohboy.

Legion dungeons are only unbearable if you have a bad druid tank.

Yeah they have tons of trash but you can skip 75% of it. I'm happy with the dungeons.

Except violet hold. Whatever idiot at blizzard thought it would be fun or interesting to bring it back needs to be shot.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    "Today were going to full run BRD"

Ohboy.
    I'm so excited for the Karazhan dungeon. If it's anything like BRD