Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I cant remember whether a hidden artifact skin is unlocked for all specs even if it was achieved on just 1, since for example I can swap to destro and still have some other colors / artifact skins that i've achieved playing as affli , it does seem logical that hidden weapon skins are not spec locked.

If that is the case we might as well try to get one of the other 2 specs' hidden artifact skins and just swap back to aff.

@wholol they're requirement locked, a lot of the skins simply share the same requirements between specs. The hidden skins don't share the requirements however, so they are "spec locked".

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    @wholol they're requirement locked, a lot of the skins simply share the same requirements between specs. The hidden skins don't share the requirements however, so they are "spec locked".
    Ah I see, I was hoping to do the destro hidden skin then swap to affli, bummer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    where do you "farm" mobs for this god damn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    where do you "farm" mobs for this god damn thing?
    No one knows yet because no one's 100% where it comes from. There were Beta reports, but those were few and unreliable and subject to change. Solid information is pretty much absent.

So I am at 1.2k kills on supplicants and no drop. I am fairly sure either the drop is bugged, or the item isn't in the game yet. I am going to stop farming until we get some confirmation that the item is in the game, and actually drops from those mobs.
    Last edited by Mrent; 2016-09-05 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Its "almost" certain the item does not drop from the supplicants anymore.

Since the last time i posted in this thread, most out of the warlocks in my guild have rerolled into other classes, but there are a few devoted still farming for hours upon hours every day, from my personal research i can with certainty say there are none on live servers who has unlocked the item in question. There are people who claim the item has droped, but when you ask to see the artifact or the book, they suddenly dont want to brag anymore.

Conclusion is that the information we have from the beta has either been changed, (like lots of things have). Its more likely that...

* The item now probably drops from some yet unknown means, like most of the artifacts in the game, remains a mystery until one person accidentally stumbles upon it
    * The item still drops from the supplicants. But the drop rate must be so astronomical low, that not a single warlock on the live servers have unlocked it.
    * The item now require some sort of unknown attunement in order to drop, something raid or reputation related.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Its "almost" certain the item does not drop from the supplicants anymore.

Since the last time i posted in this thread, most out of the warlocks in my guild have rerolled into other classes, but there are a few devoted still farming for hours upon hours every day, from my personal research i can with certainty say there are none on live servers who has unlocked the item in question. There are people who claim the item has droped, but when you ask to see the artifact or the book, they suddenly dont want to brag anymore.

Conclusion is that the information we have from the beta has either been changed, (like lots of things have). Its more likely that...

* The item now probably drops from some yet unknown means, like most of the artifacts in the game, remains a mystery until one person accidentally stumbles upon it
    * The item still drops from the supplicants. But the drop rate must be so astronomical low, that not a single warlock on the live servers have unlocked it.
    * The item now require some sort of unknown attunement in order to drop, something raid or reputation related.
    Yeah this is probably true, but at the same time I want to farm for the skin. lol

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A got a hidden Staff skin from the Ritual of Doom a few days ago... alas I am demo though.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I've spent 2 hours farming supplicants and nothing so far. I've heard of people farming over 4k of these things and not getting anything. I want to keep at it, but for some reason I have a gut feeling that it may drop off of a mob in the felsoul hold area in Suramar...I have nothing to back this up and I'm sure this is just a super rare drop, but I have a hard time believing that there isn't a confirmed report of some warlock getting this yet.

Thought I'd just post my findings/kills. Maybe someone somewhere could benefit from it.

A few days after launch I decided to start looking for the Affliction hidden skin in my downtime between gearing/world quests. After reports that it dropped from the Eredar Supplicants in western Azsuna I started there. I spent around 20 hours game time, on and off over the week, killing mobs in Legion Camp: Chaos and wracked up 2160 kills with no luck.

I read a post on the WoW forums that someone had contacted a GM who said it can drop from any Eredar, so deciding I was bored with the Supplicants I headed west to the Soul Engine place to kill Eredar Soulmages and Legion Felsmiths. I spend around 8 hours total here and counted 1102 kills total, again with no luck.

After this, I switched it up a little again and headed through the portal west of here to the legion ship The Soulrender to kill Eredar Navigators. There are 7 of them in close proximity near the rare elite and seem to respawn almost instantly, however it seemed when someone pulled the rare they'd stop respawning for 5 minutes or so. So in this downtime I went back out and killed the Bloodstained Ritualist and the 4 elite Eredar Souleater at the Alter of End Times. I spent around 4 hours doing this and counted 504 Navigator kills and 64 Souleater kills.

In total this so far equates to around 32 hours total of farming and ~3800 kills of Eredar mobs with no luck. Think I'm gonna move to Felsoul Hold in Suramar and try my luck there. Will post if I find anything.

One last thing to note... I dunno if you need to be 'specced' or 'loot specced' for Affliction... but just in case I've had them both as Affliction throughout the farming just in case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    One last thing to note... I dunno if you need to be 'specced' or 'loot specced' for Affliction... but just in case I've had them both as Affliction throughout the farming just in case.
    This is something I'd really like to know too, the best way of finding some indication is probably to ask if anyone has had the destruction artifact skin drop while in another spec, since that's the only appearance that's been found and isn't too hard to farm.

edit: There are wowhead comments claiming to have got the destro one while spec'd affliction and demo, so I'd presume loot spec won't dictate anything.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-09-12 at 02:20 AM.

Some artifact hidden skins are just disabled atm. No idea why. Blizzard needs to fix it already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Some artifact hidden skins are just disabled atm. No idea why. Blizzard needs to fix it already.
    ppl keep saying they're disabled...where is your source for this? Because it seems dead wrong considering a GM said it is in the live game and just has an ultra low drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    This is something I'd really like to know too, the best way of finding some indication is probably to ask if anyone has had the destruction artifact skin drop while in another spec, since that's the only appearance that's been found and isn't too hard to farm.
    I got Destro skin while specced and loot specced Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    ppl keep saying they're disabled...where is your source for this? Because it seems dead wrong considering a GM said it is in the live game and just has an ultra low drop rate.
    Because they are flat out not working and they literally worked a couple weeks before Legion launch. For example the Disc priest book was obtainable in the pre-patch not just beta. The books were lootable in the non-broken isle areas like Karazhan. People have gotten some. But then shortly before legion launch they were no longer lootable.

So if information about Corupted Ashbringer on the front page is correct our hidden skin probably also tied to artifact knowledge levels. I thought about it but it strange that when unlocking 2 level of knowledge there's no new info about artifact unlocked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    So if information about Corupted Ashbringer on the front page is correct our hidden skin probably also tied to artifact knowledge levels. I thought about it but it strange that when unlocking 2 level of knowledge there's no new info about artifact unlocked.
    I had the same thought. I guess we just gotta keep doing research and reading the unlocked entries looking for any cues to it being added to the loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    In total this so far equates to around 32 hours total of farming and ~3800 kills of Eredar mobs with no luck. Think I'm gonna move to Felsoul Hold in Suramar and try my luck there. Will post if I find anything.
    Spent about 5 hours farming the Eredar in Felsoul Hold with no luck. I'm now gonna assume that if it drops off Eredar mobs, then it may have a prerequisite such as Artifact Knowledge like the Corrupted Ashbringer. I get level 3 knowledge in about 12 hours so I'll look again after that. Will post is anything appears.

Edit: No luck at knowledge level 3 or 4.
    Last edited by Esinar; 2016-09-19 at 04:26 PM.

Just got Artifact Knowledge lvl 3, lets see if its gated or not like other ones.