Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I feel like eye of skovald is much better than gnarled root. Both have no icd, but the problem with gnarled root is that it will not proc back to back like the other trinkets can.
    Isn't being unable to proc back-to-back EXACTLY what an ICD does?

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    ... according to wowhead it's supposed to be 3 ppm, whereas Skovald's is listed at 4.
    This is offtopic, but can you tell me how you see proc rates on trinkets on wowhead? Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any information about proc rates.
    Too few posts to write a pm myself, but you are welcome to answer me in a pm. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitromonger View Post
    The Darkmoon trinket is 3rd in the above list. Comparing a trinket at 850, to others at 840, wouldn't make sense. This list isn't entirely correct at Frosted said he goofed on the use trinkets. He's working on a new one in the meantime but this was the latest.
    Because no one would purchase a Darkmoon trink and then stop upgrading it short of 850? It should be compared at it's max level because that's the practical and normal use of it. The other trinks stop at 840 because you can't force them any higher without luck drops, but Darkmoon is easily made to max. Just seems disingenuous to post trinket dps results with the Darkmoon lower because it was handicapped at 840? I dunno, I feel like most people looking at the list would get the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What I mean is, the dot will not reapply or refresh until it has run out. Because it's not something that is an instant hit like the other trinkets.

Deleted
    Guess I'll sim it tonight, but I have two stat sticks with INT+CRIT, which seem pretty good too, but I'm mainly curious how they compare to the proc ones.
    I hope I can get the Shock Baton to at least have something to compare with, as I've had no luck with the other trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Guess I'll sim it tonight, but I have two stat sticks with INT+CRIT, which seem pretty good too, but I'm mainly curious how they compare to the proc ones.
    I hope I can get the Shock Baton to at least have something to compare with, as I've had no luck with the other trinkets.
    Shockbaton was WQ last night (prolly still is) in EU. It was 835 version, but it procced 850 for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Shockbaton was WQ last night (prolly still is) in EU. It was 835 version, but it procced 850 for me.
    not for every1 atleast it wasnt for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    You are very very lucky. I got it 835 and it's been doing 10-20% of my
    Damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys so right now im using Eye of Skovald but its mythic warforged 845 couldnt find the 845 version for some reason and i also am using Devilsaur Shock-Baton which is 835 again couldnt get the link i just ran the arcway and i managed to get Chrono Shard mythic warforged 845 is it worth dropping the devilsaur for the chrono shard?

thx in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    hey guys so right now im using Eye of Skovald but its mythic warforged 845 couldnt find the 845 version for some reason and i also am using Devilsaur Shock-Baton which is 835 again couldnt get the link i just ran the arcway and i managed to get Chrono Shard mythic warforged 845 is it worth dropping the devilsaur for the chrono shard?

thx in advance
    Looking at the latest posts, Devilsaur is BiS from 830 up. Chrono Shard is slightly better than Eye, so use Devilsaur + Chrono Shard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    not for every1 atleast it wasnt for me.
    You need to do some quest chains before it can open.

You need to complete the Menagerie quests to open up the devilsaur daily.

It really is a very nice trinket, I'm a proud member of #Baton850 and couldn't be happier. Now I just need to find me a second one that's not heirloom...

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I fucked up on use things there, so ignore those until I fix it (tonight)
    I guess HoV is too low? The burst is really awesome.

You need to complete the Menagerie quests to open up the devilsaur daily.

It really is a very nice trinket, I'm a proud member of #Baton850 and couldn't be happier. Now I just need to find me a second one that's not heirloom...
    Which are the menagerie? or did you mean Masquerade?

Deleted
    ICD trinkets proc almost back to back because they have a very high chance to proc once their internal CD (ICD) is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Which are the menagerie? or did you mean Masquerade?
    Menagerie, it is a quest line that opens once you hit honored. Place in the city called Menagerie (most of use would think of it as a zoo).

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Because no one would purchase a Darkmoon trink and then stop upgrading it short of 850? It should be compared at it's max level because that's the practical and normal use of it. The other trinks stop at 840 because you can't force them any higher without luck drops, but Darkmoon is easily made to max. Just seems disingenuous to post trinket dps results with the Darkmoon lower because it was handicapped at 840? I dunno, I feel like most people looking at the list would get the wrong idea.
    The purpose is to compare trinket effects to one another to gague their relative strengths. It makes no sense to compare 850 of one trinket vs. 840 of another. Just like it makes no sense to compare anything that is 850 vs another thing that is 840 and conclude that thing x is better than thing y - when that might not be true, it's just the additional strength from ilvl making it seem stronger. At that point you are not comparing the actual effects, and the comparison becomes invalid. It's only disingenuous if you don't know what it is trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    The purpose is to compare trinket effects to one another to gague their relative strengths. It makes no sense to compare 850 of one trinket vs. 840 of another. Just like it makes no sense to compare anything that is 850 vs another thing that is 840 and conclude that thing x is better than thing y - when that might not be true, it's just the additional strength from ilvl making it seem stronger. At that point you are not comparing the actual effects, and the comparison becomes invalid. It's only disingenuous if you don't know what it is trying to do.
    Really both methods are valid. A list of purely equal 850 ilvls (or 840, reduced darkmoon) will provide the most technically accurate results, as you say. But that doesn't make the list the most practical in practice as people get ilvl ranges at random, but the darkmoon one you can guarantee 850. Really the most comprehensive list would "simply" include all trinkets at all their potential ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Really both methods are valid. A list of purely equal 850 ilvls (or 840, reduced darkmoon) will provide the most technically accurate results, as you say. But that doesn't make the list the most practical in practice as people get ilvl ranges at random, but the darkmoon one you can guarantee 850. Really the most comprehensive list would "simply" include all trinkets at all their potential ilvls.
    They are valid for different questions. One is asking how the trinket effects compare directly, the other is asking what are the best trinkets for me if I take into account ease of acquisition. The list was never intended to answer the second question, as you have to take ilvl into account at every step for the reasons you said. It's just meant to be a general guide for what sorts of trinkets you want to be trying to pick up. For specifics, you have to sim yourself (as you always should).

The issue with simulating only the 840 DMF (and alch) is that the average user of the list will miss-use it.

Effinhunter on AJ for WoD at least (I stopped keeeping up with hunter TC after blizz wrecked MM and BM) used to simply include trinket ilvl versions as part of the sim name and run multiple when justified.

I think such a list that is being thrown around justifies something like this.

I.e. have a DMF_840 and DMF_850 within the same list.

This is my opinion and I'm not putting any of the work in making the list. I've just learned over the years to avoid ambiguity when possible because the users benefiting the most from this are those that often dont self sim / dont read or understand the explanations attached to a list, be it out of shear laziness or mathematical knowledge gap.