Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have two toons at 103 (shaman and druid). Both of which just got all of their artifacts and did the Light's Heart quest. I'm putzing around to get to max level just because I know the only thing left to do besides raid/dungeons are world quests which interest me like a hole in the head.

The faster you get to the end, the faster you'll get burned out. It's a marathon, not a sprint. That's why I laugh at those who want to get world firsts. So? What are you going to do after that? You just have more time to repeat the same things over and over. I'd rather take my time and do something fewer times.

And this is what happens when you play too much beta. :/ sorry.

I think at this point, no matter what I say people are going to say I rushed through the content and that's why I felt burnt. Repetition doesn't bother me. I don't know the exact number but since the game's creation, I've probably done Elwynn Forest and Durotar hundreds of times with new alts. When I played Diablo 2, I could do Baal runs over and over.

The point is, me min-maxing and efficiently getting through as much content as possible wasn't the problem. I even saw one person relate this issue to me eating an entire buffet, getting full and then complaining I felt ill.

In Wrath of the Lich King, I think most of you remember those Argent Tournament dailies. You had to travel a lot and there was quite a bit of quests to do. You did this every single day for a month to unlock every faction. I never got burnt out on it. Between those, GDKP runs for people trying to gear up in H ICC and doing old raids for achievements, it never felt stale. Legion feels different. This game could be the expansion that brings back 12 million subs or it could be another WoD. No one knows yet.

I have always been someone who plays, not what I would call every game quick but efficiently. When I look at a task, I try to figure out an optimal route of completion. It's pretty much hard coded into me from my previous jobs, my current job and previous gaming experience. Repetition is never something that bored me. However, Legion (for me) feels like repetitive content that's stale and these annoying time gates on things that aren't exciting. Forced time gates on bad features don't make them fun, especially when they're a beneficial feature for your progress and you have to do them.

We can sit here all day and argue but the main takeaway from this is people are going to keep saying it's all because I went through content too quickly. I've received private messages from people who don't want to post in the thread because of that issue but agree. If you disagree, that's fine but I don't get why everyone's making assumptions they feel can't be wrong.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember ever having this much fun during a launch period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not when they're telling me that there are already 2 raids. That isn't launch content right now, considering you can't touch either of them yet.
    alright. Well in that case the last expansion that released with raids was TBC.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    i play this game more than ever, like 5-6h a day and my questlog is completely full and i dont know what to do first. how do you even feel like the game has no content with so much to do? i cant imagine how its even possible to have done all the things you say even when u played 24/7 since launch... i have a feeling like for people like you, no game could ever deliver enough content for you.

for me it almost feels like there is too much to do... i have professions to lvl, equipment to collect (i'm 807 and still havent seen heroics!), reputation pushing, completing zone story questlines, leveling pvp, leveling alts and their professions,.... its just so much i cant even tell if i missed soemthing here.

also... do you play with friends?? i mean, this game is about haveing fun in a group, hanging out in teamspeak chatting, doing stuff together. i think this expansion is one of the best for group content... so yeah, no possible complaints here.
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2016-09-12 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    alright. Well in that case the last expansion that released with raids was TBC.
    which had attunement instead so not many people raided in the first reset. Having said that, I think WotLK raids were open on launch but it was honestly too long ago to remember.

September 20:
    -Emerald Nightmare Raid
    -Mythic Keystones
    -Legion PvP Season 1

September 27
    -Mythic difficulty for the Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens.
    -LFR Wing 1 of Emerald Nightmare opens.

October 11
    –LFR Wing 2 of Emerald Nightmare opens.

October 25
    -LFR Wing 3 of Emerald Nightmare opens.

Literally, you burned out on what, the launch? That's entirely your problem. In just over a weeks time we get EN raid, Mythic+ and Legion PVP Season 1 -plenty to get on with, and if you can't find the discipline/skill to focus on what you want then literally this game is not for you.

Do you have panic attacks every time you look at your Achievements and you're not sitting on 20k+? No (I hope), likewise, don't rush Legion and just work towards being in a comfortable place at September 20th (NA) / 21st (EU) and chill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Tl;dr this game is not for you.
    multiple loremaster 'n shit. Ah hell no game is hardcore enough for this individual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    1 week of mythics, 845 gear. Emissary takes 15 mins a day. And I only did suramar because it's forced. Other then that there really isn't anything to do. Especially since they seem to make PvP worse each expansion.

Please enlighten me if you guys don't farm daillies, coz you think 300 is alot. What you do in game because there's absolutely nothing atm. Except for 15 min of emmisary, maybe daily hc.
    At the moment I am :

* Finishing off all quests I can find, a lot of the funny quest lines aren't part of the main one so I try to finish them all.
    * WQ's - mostly the ones that are good for me. I don't do them all.
    * Emissary stuff, see above.
    * Get my Ilvl to 840ish at least by running heroic dungeons mostly.
    * Surumar as far as I can get and after that WQ's for rep.
    * Level my alt char that I want to actually play this expension, its 110 now so I do all the above with that char as well.
    * Finish my weekly lockout on Mythic dungeons on my main and try to do a few on my alt if I have time.
    * pvp on my main
    * pet battles on my main
    * Proffesion quest lines on my main & alt
    * Class order hall stuff - which I finished on both char's so just doing missions and upgrading my champions now.

And last but not least:
    * Get my artifact weapon up on all my other 10 alts so that they are ready to go whenever I feel like it.
    * I am planning on leveling my shammy soon as I really like the way enhancement looks at the moment, nothing serious just a level a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    At the moment I am :

* Finishing off all quests I can find, a lot of the funny quest lines aren't part of the main one so I try to finish them all.
    * WQ's - mostly the ones that are good for me. I don't do them all.
    * Emissary stuff, see above.
    * Get my Ilvl to 840ish at least by running heroic dungeons mostly.
    * Surumar as far as I can get and after that WQ's for rep.
    * Level my alt char that I want to actually play this expension, its 110 now so I do all the above with that char as well.
    * Finish my weekly lockout on Mythic dungeons on my main and try to do a few on my alt if I have time.
    * pvp on my main
    * pet battles on my main
    * Proffesion quest lines on my main & alt
    * Class order hall stuff - which I finished on both char's so just doing missions and upgrading my champions now.

And last but not least:
    * Get my artifact weapon up on all my other 10 alts so that they are ready to go whenever I feel like it.
    * I am planning on leveling my shammy soon as I really like the way enhancement looks at the moment, nothing serious just a level a week or so.
    If you don't care about pet battles, because not many do. And not care about PvP because it's a shitstorm. Then the rest you can do within 20 mins a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khovai View Post
    Pre-Rant: [B]
    I'll see you guys in 7.1, maybe. Or 7.2, we'll see how the expansion turns out.
    Sounds like you're playing the game full-time. I've already got to the exact stage you're at with your character so I've just started an alt to be honest. I was lucky enough to get close to 850ilvl with no lucky Legendary drops and get all attuned for the Mythic onlys with little play time. Just need to hold out for raids or find another game to play on the side. To be honest WoW has felt this way since late Vanilla for me, once I'm locked out of raids there's really not that much to do. I stopped taking PvP seriously in WOTLK so that's 1 less thing to do.

I think we just need to accept the fact MMO's have lost much interest, if you're bored of the grind you're bored of the grind. I mean I've played some great MMO's over the past few years but they always boil down to one core concept. Which is grinding, endless grinding to achieve that item, skill, new zone or boss to unlock. Sounds like you're burned out of the genre, not the game itself.

I mean how as WoW REALLY changed since Vanilla? You can list features for days, but the core concept is the same. Grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I still refuse to believe someone in 1 week and 4 days has managed to do 300 world quests. I don't give a fuck how many there are.
    I've done over 500 already (you can click armory link below to check for achievement if you don't believe me). Still don't feel burned out.
    The game is great, and there's plenty of content to do. I haven't had so much fun in wow for a while. I don't even have time to play other games now.

3 weeks before raids is too long, they should just made it 2 weeks i guess. Alot of people will have almost nothing to do here in the 3rd week, even casual players. If you do all of the mythics in 2 days or even 1 day, please tell me what you can do other than doing some world quest for artifact power and emissary quest that rougly takes 1 hour each day? Stop being so blind man, it is so obvious that 3 weeks is too long with the amount of content we got right now. Im not talking about how it will be after the 20th because i think it will be great and alot of stuff to do, im only focusing at what we got atm and that is not alot. If they just made the reputations alot more rewarding this would remove some of the problems, but there is almost no point getting to exalted with the shitty rewards you get :-)

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Tl;dr this game is not for you.
    This x100000000000.

You either outgrew it or it just was never for you. You mentioned 2 areas of the game and somehow you are "burnt out"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    If you don't care about pet battles, because not many do. And not care about PvP because it's a shitstorm. Then the rest you can do within 20 mins a day.

Well since it takes more than 20 minutes to travel around to do ones four world quests for the daily Baggie your post is a lie. Add in to do a mythic dungeon takes more than 20 minutes so another lie. Finally one should be doing the world quests in surmar everyday too since rep with the nightfallen unlocks more dailies and again that takes more than 20 minutes too seems you pretty much flat out lied in your post

Deleted
    I don't understand how people can do so many world quests, unless people are just clearing them for the sake of clearing them (which is perfectly fine, but there's no way that many quests are actually relating to short term improvements for your character). I just checked my armory and I've done 119, my artifact is on 29,000 out of 30,600 so tonight when I get home I will hit that level. Admittedly I only do play for 20-30ish minutes in a morning, and a couple of hours at night but I'm still ready to jump into Emerald Nightmare Heroic if Blizzard decided to open it tonight.

There's a ton of stuff I could have done, or could be doing, but I don't feel bad for missing out on it right now. It's almost impossible to miss out on anything really good, because the game gives 2-3 day windows for those.

If anything though I'd say I'm almost at the point where my playtime is probably going to drop a little up until the raids come out.

I have 2 problems (minor), I'm not a quester, so having to do quests is a bit of a put off. Also, Dalaran has been a big lagfest for me (and Ashran), so I'm probably just needing an upgrade or two. Overall, I'm liking it. I came into this expansion pretty optimistic and I pretty much approve. I hit 110, worked up some rep, I am 815 ilevel now (haven't done heroics yet, I will try one tonight... maybe.).

World quests opened me up a bit, as I was starting to feel burnt out myself. I hit 110 and had a 778 ilevel, worked on some rep, did some more quests, upgraded some low ilevel pieces. Feels like I'm progressing again, so I'm feeling pretty ok. With raiding opening up soon, that'll help push me along.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So basically here's what I've done during my binge-gaming session last week and the days following.

Quests - All of them and there are a lot
    Profession quests when they are available / a quest starter drops
    Class campaign
    Order campaign
    Every special encounter and treasure.
    Artifact campaign (up until requiring raid drop)
    WQs, part from pet battles and most of the pvp ones that offer no artifact power i try to do all of them for rep.
    Two full mythic lockouts including one lockout of Suramar dungeons
    Suramar chain up until revered, getting that today
    Leveled secondary professions (cook, FA, fishing, Arch) and working on quests / chains on those as well
    Leveled an alt to 105, this is what I do now when I'm locked out and have no WQs that require my attention
    Some PvP but mainly waiting for season 1
    Geared main to 845 in getting ready for HC/Mythic raiding

Honestly, there is so much to do this time around, I can't see how I would have gotten half of this done if I hadn't had a week off and gone to a LAN-party with my buds. Can't say I feel burnt out though, frankly I'm happy I'm now basically done with the majority of launch content and just need to cruise along with mythics and WQs for a week and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I've done over 500 already (you can click armory link below to check for achievement if you don't believe me). Still don't feel burned out.
    The game is great, and there's plenty of content to do. I haven't had so much fun in wow for a while. I don't even have time to play other games now.
    Add in that things like the area quests in Ashran or even killing Riley Whitecrest (tower mage in Ashran) are considered World Quests, it's quite easy to accidentially complete some of these things. Go kill a 2 million hit point mob for some bacon? Kill 20 315K hit point murlocs? Pet battle something that legit only requires a random dragonkin pet?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.