Deleted
    Well, the disguise and detector guards in Suramar actually are an example of gameplay which would not work with flying enabled.

BUT: Having a damned energy shield over that place would have been a perfect solution for disabling flight in that area (cannot penetrate shield while flying, have to land to enter the shield, cannot fly on a mount while under the shield, like with Timeless Isle).

The same thing could be done with special world quests. If you can get forced PvP activation with some world quests, you could get a forced dismount when flying (analogy: Wintergrasp with active PvP battle vs. Wintergrasp without active PvP battle).

No-flying at max level as it is executed currently is a lazy solution, and it will be.

Edit: Possibly things are much less complicated and they just want to enforce the use of flightmasters as an additional gold-sink to repair costs. They could have removed more gold from the economy by letting us buy more mounts and pets from vendors, though.

Also, they handle things very inconsistently. Water-striding mounts also "break" terrain requirements and replicate a class perk (water-walking of a DK), but are allowed. Flying mounts and toys get disallowed / nerfed for the same reason(s). Aviana's Feather was more cheating than a flying mount, because everybody could have had flying if you just could have bought it. But having a special building, getting the right quest from a random selection, this is not for everybody, just like pathfinder achievement is not. They create a 2 class society in transportation, as if gear disparity was not enough.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-09-12 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Don't let the hype get to you because its dying out pretty rapidly now.
    This expansion already starting to feel locked behind artificial gating and when I think about it I still had at least as fun this long after release in Mists of Pandaria AND I was flying and still enjoyed the world.
    Im amazed how you know this, got any numbers to back that up or is it just wishful thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I sure how you adhered to your stupid signature and didn't buy the expac. It gives me GREAT pleasure to think that you would be skipping the best expansion in the game due to your ignorant views on flying.

And please don't spread misinformation. There is a lot in 7.1 beyond Kara that has already been announced.

I swear, some people are victims of their own stupidity. Cheers!
    My ignorant views are backed up by alpha and beta testers. I don't see how Legion is anything special as it is very grindy and copy and paste of WoD's ideas.

The last expansion that felt like WoW was MoP.

Also, I don't see how buying a game that doesn't have flying makes it complete as it is incomplete. Imagine if they started the first PVP season mid way through the expansion? How would that make players feel.

And to be honest? PVP is such a mess it will not be playable till mid-expansion anyways...but back to the topic at hand.

Flying is not just a fun tool for me to do whatever I want. Someone commented a few pages back that why do I need to access all parts of the terrain of the map even if it is not relevant to a quest? It is called fun and exploration that is why.

So, flying to me is not just a convenience factor but also a way to break the monotony and do what I want and explore the maps that Blizzard has created. Exploring the map via flying mount as well as ground mount increases the replay value of the game and that is good value in my eyes.

Maybe that is starting to sink in with Blizzard as well regarding how flying does bring back players while others leaves? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It has been explained multiple times why the devs have chosen not to allow flight at the start of this expansion,
    And all of the reason where toroughly demonstrated as being Bullshit. Moving on.

I understand that you disagree but the fact that other people have different opinions to you does not make them spiteful, irrational or morons.
    the "other poeple" in this case are the Blizzard devs. In case you are wrong, What makes them spiteful, irrational and morons is tha fact that they not only took and defended spiteful, irrational and moronic actions, but now are doubling down on them.

Guess what those actions amek them?

It's laughable considering you're accusing me of not considering that people might like something different whilst throwing out those insults.
    "Insulting" WoW devs= insulting YOU.

What a... remarkable... insight

The term "projecting" I assumed referred to psychological projecting, where I would have taken my own bitterness and projected it onto you.
    Amazing!

I took the time to make a detailed list of exactly what you were projecting in that particular moment (none of them was bitterness, by the way)...

And you, somehow, interpreted that as accusing of bitterness?!?

It's been explained a few times that if Blizz allowed flying most gamers would use it as the best tool to overcome the obstacles set before them and quickest or most efficient path to their objectives. That means that Blizz would either have to balance the game around people using the flying mounts so players who don't use them will have their progression hampered, or they balance the game around ground mounts and have most players complain that they burned through the content too quickly.
    AS before, those claims were demonstrated to be bullshit way more than once. Flight does not give access to any gear/toy/power a ground mount-user can´t have, and the Xpack with the greatest burnout was WoD, the flightless Xpack.

Ultimately it boils down to flying not working with the sort of content Blizz want to make in WoW, so they cut it out of the game.
    They were forced to put it back once. I am confident that they´ll do so again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    So far he's accused everyone of projecting. It's his go to argument. Lol.
    Not my fault you pro-fliers have little else to "contribute" to this thread.

As the old saying goes, "keep making the same question, keep getting the same answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Why are people under the impression that WoW loosing many subscriptions in wod and that Legion will loose many have anything with flying not being ingame right now? Are you that delusional to see the real reason WoD lost so many subs?
    12 year player here that only ever unsubbed during WoD.

Flying had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    And all of the reason where toroughly demonstrated as being Bullshit. Moving on.

the "other poeple" in this case are the Blizzard devs. In case you are wrong, What makes them spiteful, irrational and morons is tha fact that they not only took and defended spiteful, irrational and moronic actions, but now are doubling down on them.

Guess what those actions amek them?

"Insulting" WoW devs= insulting YOU.

What a... remarkable... insight

Amazing!

I took the time to make a detailed list of exactly what you were projecting in that particular moment (none of them was bitterness, by the way)...

And you, somehow, interpreted that as accusing of bitterness?!?

AS before, those claims were demonstrated to be bullshit way more than once. Flight does not give access to any gear/toy/power a ground mount-user can´t have, and the Xpack with the greatest burnout was WoD, the flightless Xpack.

- - - Updated - - -

Not my fault you pro-fliers have little else to "contribute" to this thread.

As the old saying goes, "keep making the same question, keep getting the same answer".
    You're really bad at this. All of it. You should just stop. You're losing so hard bro. You don't even make legitimate or rational posts. You're far too neurotic and autistic about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is a rational reason for Blizzard not to be forthright with the plans for flight in WoD and Legion. Their primary goal is to maximize upfront, front loaded box sales, because if they laid out the plan for flight for Legion in its entirety it would make a lot of players balk.
    Maybe I should have said honest adults? But then again IMHO, corporate greed, applied rationally cares more about long-term profits alongside customer trust and goodwill.

This is the slow boil of the frog in the pot method. Have players invest in the expansion and then do the bait and switch hoping they have accepted and normalized the game without flying through psychological conditioning. They tried this method in WoD, but it failed, because players could not accept a world without flying given how WoD was designed. So, Blizzard did the same thing with Legion but introduced the flight whistle hoping players don't notice the illusion once more.
    In other words, they are repeating WoDs mistakes. Considering how WoD has reached consensus on being the worst WoW Xpack by far, repeating what maded WoD... well, WoD, isn´t what I would call a rational course of action.

Unless there is another perspective involved.

The flight whistle so far has worked, but it is simply a gimmick and like Avianna's feather it has severe limitations as the expansion drags on and artifact power needed for next upgrade scales at a staggering pacing. Players are hitting 18k AP for next upgrade and that will worsen in the next month.
    WoW is not some Korean grinder. Not yet, at least. Some devs need to learn this lesson again.

If you think Blizzard will not try again to incapacitate or outright remove flying be ready for another surprise.
    That is what they want, and thats what they´ll do if they have half a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, previously there was talk about not letting players to fly ever again, unless zone specifically is designed for it. While now they have already said that players will be able to fly in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're really bad at this. All of it. You should just stop. You're losing so hard bro. You don't even make legitimate or rational posts. You're far too neurotic and autistic about all of this.
    *Looks at your post*

Marvels at how rational and legitimate it looks

Examines how *not* "neurotic and autistic" it looks.

Thanks anti-flier for the free bump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, previously there was talk about not letting players to fly ever again, unless zone specifically is designed for it. While now they have already said that players will be able to fly in Legion.
    True, but all evidence (so far) suggests that they´ll re-enable flight only at the end of the expansion. And if the Patch finder *final part* is anything like part 1, then there will be nothing left to use flight on when we get it.

The practical effect is nearly indistinguishable from removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but all evidence (so far) suggests that they´ll re-enable flight only at the end of the expansion. And if the Patch finder *final part* is anything like part 1, then there will be nothing left to use flight on when we get it.

Maybe, but so far the fact that people know they are going to get flight in Legion at some point has extinguished most of the hate on forums, went to look at official WoW EU forums and don't really see any topics about it, compared to what happened earlier.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2016-09-12 at 12:48 PM.

"I only want flying if it means i can fly over relevant content"

You do a good job at validating Blizzards stance on flying without even meaning to.

Maybe, but so far the fact that people know they are going to get flight in Legion at some point has extinguished most of the hate on forums, went to look at official WoW EU forums and don't really see any topics about it, compared to what happened earlier.
    I have never frequented the EU forums, so I´ll take your word for it. One question though:

"Compared to what happened earlier" refers to the same period in WoD´s life (first 2 weeks) or another? If another, which one?

- - - Updated - - -

You do a good job at validating Blizzards stance on flying without even meaning to.
    So you are saying that blizzard *is* removing flight over relevant content because people want it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never frequented the EU forums, so I´ll take your word for it. One question though:

"Compared to what happened earlier" refers to the same period in WoD´s life (first 2 weeks) or another? If another, ehich one?
    Around that time when Blizzard said this:
    We're not going to be reintroducing the ability to fly in Draenor, and that's kind of where we're at going forward.
    Seemed to be quite a trigger, flight threads here and there.

Deleted

It's not relevant content if there is no world quest or anything like that but just empty place to traverse. Space which only exists to be travelled, should be travelled by a flying mount just like any other means. For me, there is no difference, except that flight masters + ground mount just take more time. The world is not more dangerous, or exciting, at all. I've seen it already. Got my explorers done completely and loremasters done except the long Suramaritan grind. I also got the long attunement chain for Kosumoth and got the mount on Friday after putting up with horrible CRZ and 1 hour lockouts.

Rest assured, I will land as soon as there is some content for me. There is no option to do content while flying.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-09-12 at 01:01 PM.

Around that time when Blizzard said this:
    We're not going to be reintroducing the ability to fly in Draenor, and that's kind of where we're at going forward.
    Seemed to be quite a trigger, flight threads here and there.
    If memory serves, that announcement happened a few weeks before 6.2.

Which brings back to the EU Forums. They aren´t full of threads asking for/complaining about Flight yet. One possible reason is that the Xpack is still very young; remember in WoD, what everyone (me included, to my shame) were saying in the first 45 days?

So you are saying that blizzard *is* removing flight over relevant content because people want it?
    Only the pathetic victimized mentality of a pro flyer would look for confirmation of Blizzard removing flight from relevant content simply to hurt your feelings.

Deleted
    Only the pathetic victimized mentality of a pro flyer would look for confirmation of Blizzard removing flight from relevant content simply to hurt your feelings.
    You are a very rude person who constantly makes false accusations to all pro-flyers.

So they are *not* removing Flight form relevant content because people want it.

Thanks for demonstrating that the following statement

Was a meaningless lie.

The "flying" requirements are just an evil mockery, as it is mind-numbing amount of grinding of stupid things like treasures and reputations. We should not accept that, flying should be available at max level with no conditions.

So they are *not* removing Flight form relevant content because people want it.

Thanks for demonstrating that the following statement

Was a meaningless lie.
    Not sure what point you think came up with but i can assure you it doesn't translate to any rational person in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    If memory serves, that announcement happened a few weeks before 6.2.
    Maybe, been away for so long that can't really remember what happened and when.

Saw some threads about it around April 2014 where Bashiok talked about no-flight -- which kinda badly got stomped since well.. Draenor and max level outdoor content? Don't make me laugh, at least those World Quests seem to be quite useful for long time with gold, reputation and artifact power rewards.