Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The levelling experience in Legion was great!

- flexibility in levelling routes/zones
    - most levels seemed well paced (I believe 100-105 was fine, then felt slow till 107 -then 107-110 was again a blast)
    - no launch issues
    - loads of profession/sideline distractions if you want that
    - WQs to progress ilvl/Rep, if you need them
    - pretty cool story in my opinion
    - beautiful artwork
    - fun mechanics to get you around, felt like you were 'exploring'

Personally, I still hold that MoP featured the most beautiful artwork and soundtrack (Heart of Pandaria imo is a masterpiece).

I do wish that the WoW experience could deliver more interactive story telling (via Scenarios or instanced events -like Broken Isles) but hopefully Broken Isles will be a step towards that. I think we've seen a pretty decent levelling experience so far, my only critique is that I'd be hesitant to level alts... but then that makes your main feel more important, and I have no problem with that -especially with Flying arriving in a future expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Only because you make some things bad that others may actually think is a great idea. Aka: "Mobs scaling"

But I'd say that what really annoys me is the terrain design. Might be lack of memory, but TBC, WotLk or MoP didn't feel as annoyingly obstructive. Just like they knew they could just design all zones like that, because it will be a long time before we can fly over them.
    This 100 times over. Love the approach, love the questing, zones are nice to look at, but feel artificial walls to make us run around more.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    I think that mechanically is the best leveling experience I had up until now:
    - the scaling mechanic allow me to group with different level friends without trivializing the content
    - Scaling mechanic does not make the story feels like some sort of ladder to climb, but allow me flexibility of approach
    - except a few exceptions graveyards and fly points are well placed
    - armor repair NPC at every hub <3
    - The quests are well placed, the objectives don't require inordinate amount of stuff to be killed off or looted (except for one, I'm looking at you mana crystal quest in Azurewing repose)
    - Multi tap does not make me want to kill myself when there are 300 people in the area doing the same shit.
    - bonus objective popping up around the quests area and integrating well with what you're doing at that moment instead of being totally divergent activities.

I can understand why there's a disconnect from having an artifact and having to kill giant bunnies and wolves and bears in 13-14 seconds instead having to sideglance them and them just fall over, but that's the separation from mechanics and lore that's always gonna be present, we should be used to it by the last 10 years, and probably for the next 10.

Story wise, Highmountain was a bit meh I can see why, seems that if a Tauren tribe is not in the shit of some sort there's a problem.
    I liked the Farondis and mage academy questlines a lot, in general Aszuna I liked, loved Stormheim and the trials (even though is a bit cliched, but fit with the Vyrkul theme in the end).
    Val'sharath was actually pretty nice with a nice climax, but the dialogs lines between Malfurion and Tyrande are a bit saccarine.

At high end I love the Suramar questline and story of rising rebellion, that's probably gonna escalate in 7.1

My only issue with each zone was how convenient the issues were. That being said, Val'Sharah is the smoothest zone I've seen, and stormheim was solid too. Azsuna's story felt disjointed and dropped the ball with tying things together given how many important plugs it has, and highmountain was just straight up difficult to pay attention - valley of four winds all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I hit 110 on my hunter today with 2 of the 5 reps at friendly. 3 hours later, 5 of them at friendly and I started my WQ's. It isn't difficult.
    I agree it's not difficult I would just like a possible different path to take for those reps on alts. Because as it sits with rested I'll be hitting max level in 2 zones or less and then having to grind through content that gives me absolutely nothing other than that grind for a few hours to several hours, just seems like a slightly poor design to me when other options could easily be implemented.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

you are too late, we leveled a week ago.

good ridance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    -Monsters always take the same amount of time to kill. No feeling of progression.
    In previous expansions there was regression, not progression. It's easy to kill Jade Forest mobs at 85, Hyjal mobs at 80, but extremely hard to kill Nagrand mobs at 99, or Dread Wastes mobs at 89. Especially in Dread Wastes at 89 I died way more often (like once every 5 mins) than during the entirety of 100-110 leveling.