Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's the same difficulty, it's the same quality of loot (in comparison to quests/etc)
    Where exactly do you see that ? Normal quests only go up to 800 and mythics are 840+ and heroics are 825+. Looks still at least decent in line with quests capping out in wod at closely around 600 and heroics offering 630. Mop had 463 in heroics and and about 437 from quests. Don't see much of a change there given you are unlikely to end up with "just" 825 running legion heroics.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-12 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only an issue because they are simple (anyone else surprised how easy they are?), and most groups are always looking for a healer.

That said, it's fine, I probably find groups faster than I would in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In Legion they have renamed Normal to Heroic, renamed Heroic to Mythic, and added an extra easy normal mode. This will be offset by the Mythic+ modes being as hard as WoD mythics and more, however at the moment it's a big problem because the high end launch dungeons have a 7 day lockout compared to 24h in every previous expansion.
    Not so sure thats the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not so sure thats the case.
    It sounds accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    You should try pugging a Mythic as a Shadow Priest, now that's fun. :P
    I have 2 friends that play shadow priest and both of them have had 0 problems getting pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    "things to do" are always in dungeon journal, i had no problems in mythics neither as dps or tank, most wipes was healers fault like stood in helya's breath

If you are a tank/heals at 825+ I'm sure you'll find groups, so lets just assume everyone with getting into groups problem is a DPS.

Like most things DPS, it's a supply/demand issue. I did a couple Mythics Sat nite with 2 friends, and we just needed 2 dps to fill the group. List group, see 5-10 people sign up very quickly. As a lister you then have two filters at that point, iLevel and class. If there are 3-5 people at 835+ and 3-5 people in the 825-830, the natural inclination is to look first at the higher ilevel, and then further filter by classes that are currently FOTM due to balancing.

If you are in 825 zone, and DPS, and any class really, you don't have much to choice to either wait out the q's (lots of declines) or start a group. I think the requirements for starting a mythic 5 man group are much much lower than starting a normal raid e.g. If someone lists a normal raid group, there is at least a bit of expectation that lister is doing a bit of leading. With Mythic 5 mans, everyone pull your weight, you don't have to lead. List, do your job, collect loot, log out. Yes, you could have a wipefest that ends up dissolving but that is any group and not just ones you list.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I completely disagree with the idea that non-keystone mythics are on-par with previous expansions' heroics. If you look at the numbers, they simply aren't. They're not really that challenging or anything, but it seems crazy to say that they're the same as heroics. Legion heroics are still pretty much the equivalent of past heroics.

One thing that might be giving you the impression that they're on the same level is that premade groups tend to have less pants-on-head activity by default. I can guarantee that if I were going with an LFD group rather than a premade or group finder, I'd be seeing a lot more people go splat to various "bad thing on ground" mechanics.
    As someone who tanked tbc heroics and wotlk heroics pre lfd, I can tell you that the "pants on head retarded" people still existed and I would get them with similar frequency as in lfd; that is to say exceptionally rarely. I've done the expansion dungeon hero achievements with lfd groups since wotlk; those are arguably harder than cms were in WoD. I just happened to get more groups and get them faster than searching on general chat or group finder with its ridiculous biases.

Again, legion mythics ARE equivalent to precious expansion heroics not just in my experience but also in blizzards own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As someone who tanked tbc heroics and wotlk heroics pre lfd, I can tell you that the "pants on head retarded" people still existed and I would get them with similar frequency as in lfd; that is to say exceptionally rarely. I've done the expansion dungeon hero achievements with lfd groups since wotlk; those are arguably harder than cms were in WoD. I just happened to get more groups and get them faster than searching on general chat or group finder with its ridiculous biases.

Again, legion mythics ARE equivalent to precious expansion heroics not just in my experience but also in blizzards own words.
    Well WotLK heroics were simple, much like these Mythic dungeons.

Nothing has compared to pre-2.1 5 man heroics in TBC, Cata came close I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    How do you know ? LFr aren't out and we don't know the ilvl requirement for them.

Right now you kinda need to go throught mythics.
    You can easily get 840 ilvl without ever setting one foot into mythic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It sounds accurate.
    Not really, no. Sounds made up.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay..I am a bit late to the game (or at least the "MMO CHampion, we are all badasses in ilv 850 after a week" game) ....but "quests send you to mythic"? Really? (Levelling still, quests send me into 5 mans....but what sends you to mythic?)
    Revered-level Suramar story quests go through Mythics (Arc and Court are Mythic only), T3 artifact skin needs M Eye and DHT just to start it (unknown if there's more, next step requires Emerald Nightmare to be out).
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Well WotLK heroics were simple, much like these Mythic dungeons.

Nothing has compared to pre-2.1 5 man heroics in TBC, Cata came close I guess.
    Legion heroics are on the same level of wotlk heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Form your own group
    /thread
    Well he can't because of the increasing amount of achievement mongs disrupting pugs.

Also if they're forcing people into mythics then they should be equally forced into pvp,profession or solo quests.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    It's not a "made up" problem, when my friends are available is when I stop playing games and go real stuff outside. To all the "make your own group" people, if I wanted to spend hours sifting through mud to recruit decent people I'd stay at work.
    Then leave, no one wants you here.

The difficulty level we have now they can make mythics easily queuable. Make an itemlevel requirement of 830 and you're fine, in fact that would still be lower difficulty as several WoD dungeons had in the beginning with the appropriate itemlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Well he can't because of the increasing amount of achievement mongs disrupting pugs.

Also if they're forcing people into mythics then they should be equally forced into pvp,profession or solo quests.
    No one is forcing people to do anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    my big issue with this is, i used the group builder thing, and i signed up for a mythic, and then they were like nope we doing heroic. was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post

They are not forcing people to do mythics, and before someone adds in that "the story line quest makes you go into mythics", please remember that most raiding does as well. You are not forced to raid either.

Professions are not forced but they are as forcing as mythics are at the moment.

Solo quests are the only forced thing IMO.

PVP is not forced but a good alternative. Though you don't get any quests it does have things that people who PVE may want. If you Raid and enjoy having multiple transmogs and are forced to pvp for the artifact skin then I would consider that equally as forcing compared to doing a mythic for a quest.

Being forced depends on what the person is looking to get out of the game.

I have also not seen any groups this expansion asking for achievements. It usually comes down to an Ilvl concern at this point.

Actually, it's no problem at all.

The premade group finder is an amazing tool on itself, and perfect for mythic dungeons.