Deleted

What is the weakness of demon hunters?

The question bopped into my head as our guild were doing our mythic dungeon run spree Wednesday. We had to replace a mage, and almost naturally i replaced him with a PUG DH.

I thought to myself, why did i instinctively pick a DH over anyone else for our mythic runs?

Then it struck me. They have everything, they have no clear weakness for shorter periods of time.

What can they do?

* Above average ST damage

* Fine AOE damage

* Perhaps the best stun in the entire game for mythic at a 1-min cd, with their metamorph as backup.

* unrivaled mobility - both in combat, and outside it

* non-CC Utility in the form of damage avoidance aura

* A fine low-cd damage reduction/avoidance cd

* Have the option to make leather only loot groups like plate groups. However leather groups are much more versatile in team comps.

* Access to low-cd interrupts like other melee's

* Options for ranged damage just in case melee is not an option for a little while

* Able to dodge almost anything dodge-able with ease, doing damage while doing so.

So what cant they do?

Icy veins lists a few different weaknesses. The only one that might seem to be the only real weakness is they gotta use larger cooldowns to do their aoe damage, but that is hardly noticeable when you look at how encounters usually are made in dungeons and raids.
    That they have to use many of their mobility abilities to getting into the fray is hardly much of a weakness either, since they have so many along with their mastery and glide that enables them to passively get out of situations where they have 0 cooldowns.

No self heal outside of metamorphosis, kinda bad defensive cooldown, mediocre singletarget, highest dps build requires to use all your direct mobility tools to be used for damage dealing and often puts you into bad situations if played badly.

Deleted
    Don't count their low cd damage reduction as it's used offensively for extra fel rush damage.

I think their blade rush ability is a good thing to gimmick abilities by making you briefly immune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    No self heal outside of metamorphosis, kinda bad defensive cooldown, mediocre singletarget, highest dps build requires to use all your direct mobility tools to be used for damage dealing and often puts you into bad situations if played badly.
    Their st isn't mediocre. It's middle of the pack, still well ahead of 10 other specs in the game.

Not that it matters since you will have 2 other classes which will be the top single target classes in the game in mythic+.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're melee.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    They're melee.
    Melee is only a weakness if it's a bad player, for mythic+ at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Melee is only a weakness if it's a bad player, for mythic+ at least.
    Melee is not a weakness in Mythic+

It is actually a strength in most cases, as they are mobile enough to follow a moving tank while doing maxium dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Their st isn't mediocre. It's middle of the pack, still well ahead of 10 other specs in the game.
    Could you quantify the difference between middle of the pack and mediocre ?
    I don't want to make any claims about the specific amount of specs for the lack of available data. Only thing I can say with certainty is they aren't outlaws. From my anecdotal experience they are also not well played spriests or hunters.

me·di·o·cre
    ˌmēdēˈōkər
    adjective
    of only moderate quality; not very good.
    "a mediocre actor"
    synonyms: ordinary, average, middling, middle-of-the-road, Dakushisai, uninspired, undistinguished, indifferent, unexceptional, unexciting, unremarkable, run-of-the-mill, pedestrian, prosaic, lackluster, forgettable, amateur, amateurish; More

Yeah, umm. Ill just put this here to help you out. English is hard.

Single target is middle of the road. AOE burst potential is through the roof.
    They lack the defensive abilities as they are all used offensively too.
    The are dangerous with a high skill cap. Regardless of momentum vs nemesis, you need to use Fel rush and VR offensively to maximize potential leaving you in difficult positions at times.

Overall, they are the glass cannons of melee that will have far more bad DHs than good due to the skill involved in maximizing dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Yeah, umm. Ill just put this here to help you out. English is hard.
    Sure buddy thanks that helped a lot huehuehue.