Poll: 1-10

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Strong 9/10. It's one of the best expansions so far. It really is a very good Warcraft experience. I wonder if Blizz will be able to make an even better expansion set right after Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    1 because they've made it even more antisocial somehow. Its so bad I have no intention to buy the game. I keep up with the news to see if they release some sort of classic server. if its a classic server in the sense that they build a proper in-game community I might buy Legion and play that. But I won't touch the crap they put out in this xpac.
    Well it's hard to be social in a game if you haven't purchased it yet... Great logic you have there. So happy Blizzard shrugged off the idea of a classic server and most likely will never revisit it, I enjoy feeding on these tears.

On-Topic: Easy 8/10 so far!

-Content has been amazing so far.
    -Loving the new areas, all kind of fresh but with a hint of past expansion zones which nailed it.
    -The world quests have kept me pretty entertained for now.
    -Actually visiting the outside world is SUCH a relief.
    5 mans have been a blast so far. REALLY enjoy Court of Stars, probably the most beautiful 5 man to date, sad the bosses are a bit of a letdown in terms of difficulty in this specific one.
    -Class changes + Artifact talents feel SO right.

All in all it's amazing, just want to see if they can maintain the entertainment levels before I get too excited

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Four, maybe a Three. Didn't like Wrath much.
    Sooo, what did you like?

pls dont say vanilla...

ON TOPIC: 9/10 Plenty of content, by far the most of any expansion launch
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    no doubt the quality of mythic+ (definately not mythic) dungeons will be where it needs to be, but that doesn't mean they are going to a successful feature automatically. organized raiders and pvpers probably don't really want to commit another 1 or 2 days a week to sidegrade gear. A lot more casual players are probably put off by the pressure of the timer or the affixes. On the other hand it can be a great feature for people who can't/won't commit to organized play on a larger scale. There is no way to predict the popularity of this feature ahead of time.

WQ scaling with your ilvl means nothing unless you are a very casual player, in which case it will provide you a along term progression path. Everybody else will get gear faster by doing other activities, and will only do world quest when they see a particularly lucrative reward once in a while. For example right now, a gear reward world quest will only be worth it for me if it has the secondary stats i desire and it warforges at least 10 ilvl. This will be no different a month from now when i will have mostly raid gear. It's never going to be more then a nice bonus. Which means popularity of world quest will plummet untill the next patch, it's not gonna stay constantly popular all the time.

As for raids, if Nighthold was part of the first tier they wouldn't make the 7.1 raid and just release nighthold then. Nighthold will come out maybe around march/april/may, which coindidentally is about 1 tiers lenght away from now. Nighthold (tier 2) will then last another 6-8 months, then Tomb of Sargeras (tier 3) will last 8-12 months, then next expansion (if you want to believe their no content draught claims untill it happens, go ahead, i take it to mean no contant draught during the expanision, but still one at the end). Maybe they add another small bonus raid ~6 months orso into tomb of sargeras but i don't see them adding another 10+ bosses without making the expansion last longer then 2 years, even if every raid tier last 6 months exactly.
    Nighthold drops tier 1, EN has no tier. Case closed. Raids are categorized by tier gear, not release.

I'm abstaining from voting so early in an expac. WoD was a 9/10 in the first 2 weeks.....and it turned out to be the shittest expac for me.

I am enjoying it so far as with any new expac release. It does look promising in terms of end game. I'll start voting after 2 to 3 months.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm at an 8 just now. I've started doing the Suramar stuff. The only reason I'm not giving it a 9 is because of the damn Disguise/detection stuff that happens. It's very aggravating being absolutely powerless when you get detected.

Also, its very confusing what your meant to be doing. People are going on about Withered armies, but I have no clue what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    I'm at an 8 just now. I've started doing the Suramar stuff. The only reason I'm not giving it a 9 is because of the damn Disguise/detection stuff that happens. It's very aggravating being absolutely powerless when you get detected.

Also, its very confusing what your meant to be doing. People are going on about Withered armies, but I have no clue what they are talking about.
    It's a scenario to get more rep with Nightfallen and some other stuff.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/suramar

Comprehensive guide. Scroll down to Withered army training section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Sooo, what did you like?

pls dont say vanilla...

ON TOPIC: 9/10 Plenty of content, by far the most of any expansion launch
    Mists of Pandaria. Vanilla was meh.

8 - class balance is awful now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Nighthold drops tier 1, EN has no tier. Case closed. Raids are categorized by tier gear, not release.
    well not quite case closed.

does the tier start when tier gear is available? so by that logic are we still in HFC tier which will last like 20 months by the time tier gear is available.
    Or has the new tier already started, but the gear just wont drop the first 7 months orso?
    Are we in a there is no raid tier going on even though there are raids period?

10+ Year Old Account
    Specific, yet deceptive title. Most expansions start good, when the content is still fresh.

I'm giving it an 8 but reserve the right to change my mind if we have only two raid tiers.

Gave it a 9, some things are a bit stupid, like the max 5 people tapping on PvP targets part. Or phasing sometimes being really buggy, Withered Army Training being buggy and yet still I was able to complete it within 4 tries. Not complete as in 100% cleared, but no more rewards other than rep/AP complete.

They should've added anti-bad luck streak protection for all items, not just legendary ones. It's complete and utter bullshit that I've ran 100+ dungeons and yet my artifact level (and trinkets) are still lower than the average player in my guild who doesn't even have 1 day of playtime at 110 on their names. Yes I'm aware this could be the case in any expansion if you had enough bad luck, I'm saying they should've fixed that together with the legendary drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    You'll know for certain when you get the withered army world quest, pre-empted first by its own quest.

Giving this expac a 9, it's done a great job of recapturing that "I can't wait to get back and play WoW" feeling they're so great at generating. I felt it when this game started, in TBC, in Wrath, in Cataclysm, and it feels like a greatist hits. Hopefully the story progresses as well as the introduction has been laid out.

I voted 8. The leveling wasn't great, somethings have been decent, but, there is currently more than enough to do to advance your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best expansion so far at this point. Everything is solid.

Raids will make or break it for me, if I don't enjoy the raids then I will unsub. I've done a couple of bosses on the beta and I enjoyed them, so hoping for a great tier.

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Amazing?nuh...we were just impressed by the garrisons/followers for a month or something.
    And how far are we into legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Score so far is a 7

As always the foundation is very solid. Several things drag it down though.

1. Dungeons are piss easy aoe fests. I know mythic+ are coming, but I really think that you shouldn't be able to aoe every mythic if your group is in 810 gear. Dungeons that require no effort are just not that fun tbh.

2. Surumar is beautiful and the story and progression is great. But there's the big elephant in the room that is the rep gate. The rep gate will make leveling alts insanely boring and frustrating. Even on my main I'm hating having to log on the moment i get home to do WQ's in order to not miss out on any. The stretch from rev to exalted is gonna be some serious tedium.

3. Where's the legion? Like, I know this is a dumb thing to say, but seriously. Outside of a few spots in the zones, the burning legion hardly has any presence so far in the expansion specifically made to be about them. The story in each of the zones have just about fuck all to do with them. Rather the 4 zones offer their own forgettable stories that doesn't tie anything together, and are just left as loose ends. I think that the only place gul'dan is even seen in legion atm, is for all of 2-3 seconds in the Surumar cinematic....This is the fucking guy that blizzard have been building up and plastering everywhere in the runup to legion. Then the moment we get legion, *poof*, Gul'dan is nowhere to be found. Like what the fuck blizzard.

4. Highmountain and Stormheim. Both of these zones are just not fun. Visually they're barren tundra's with some rocks and snow. Neither have intesting stories that are told well, the quests are uninteresting and for whatever reason the bonus objectives takes like twice as long as the other zones.

5. Skillprunning. Long term this might end up the right decission if they actually add more interesting stuff back to the classes. But right now, everything just feel to simple and streamlined.

6. World Quests. Yeah i know i know, they're pretty great, awesome rewards and not that hard. Buuuut, they're also a chore and can be damn stressful. Everyday I get back home from work and I'm greeted by 20-30 of these things, some with great rewards that are mere hours or even minutes from running out. It just becomes a stressful part of jumping online with a character when you see that you need to do 6 quests within two hours, or you miss out on 2k AP, a 840 and 830 item. I'm honestly already at the point where I've said fuck it and only bother with the daily cache and surumar ones (except suuesh, fuck that one )

6 because battlegrounds are lagging horribly.

10 it's even better than WoD was for the first two weeks. If they SOMEHOW can keep us updated with new content for the next months I have the highest hopes for this expansion. Content quality is top notch imo.

I went with a 9 based on the fun I have been having in game so far. I am a huge WoW fan... so take that with a grain of salt. On a random side note.. I almost spent an entire day doing Engineering quests... Like just crafting and doing profession quests.. If you told me that in WoD, I would have laughed at you.. and like I said, that is coming from a WoW fanboy.