Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Chinese, Russian Navies Launch Largest Ever Joint Drill In South China Sea

Chinese, Russian Navies Launch Largest Ever Joint Drill In South China Sea; Send Message To Washington"]Chinese, Russian Navies Launch Largest Ever Joint Drill In South China Sea; Send Message To Washington

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016...ames.html?_r=0

Among the numerous exercises, which are meant to send a loud message to the US, Japan, Philippines and other "interested" parties who dispute China's territorial claims on the artificial islands and reefs in the South China Sea, marines will participate in live-fire drills, island defense and landing operations in what will be the largest operation ever taken together by the two countries' navies, the statement said.

The Communists will be celebrating

Kill a Commie for Mommy
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-09-12 at 12:31 PM.

Enjoy life while you can because soon...

...war were declared.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Problem is, Japan start to arm themselves again for first time after losing WW2.
    (They used to only have small army to used for defensive battle)

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

...war were declared.

China's national animal is the dragon? That's pretty f'cking cool!
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-09-12 at 02:18 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Japan's national animal is the dragon? That's pretty f'cking cool!
    Not sure if sarcasm or not. Pretty sure that's China.

Russian AND Chinese navies in the same place?

Enjoy legion before the nukes start flying. I wish Regans space Lazer dream came true

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Problem is, Japan start to arm themselves again for first time after losing WW2.
    (They used to only have small army to used for defensive battle)
    And...?

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

China's national animal is the dragon? That's pretty f'cking cool!
    Dragon and Giant Panda (Two national animals I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Dragon and Giant Panda (Two national animals I think).

Google says it's the Panda. Which isn't a bear, I think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

wiki says:

For many decades, the precise taxonomic classification of the giant panda was under debate because it shares characteristics with both bears and raccoons.[16] However, molecular studies suggest the giant panda is a true bear and part of the family Ursidae,[3][17] though it differentiated early in history from the main ursine stock. The giant panda's closest extant relative is the spectacled bear of South America.[18] The giant panda has been referred to as a living fossil.[19]

High profile officials from both countries are calling for their unofficial alliance to be baptized in a formal and official way.

I've been saying this for a long time now: Washington's aggressive FP is forging an alliance between Russians and Chinese.

Russia belongs to the west. Too bad the Americans send them right into the Chinese arms. I can't wait until they transfer to them some serious military technology. Then we all will be fucked.

They're technically bears, but they're a very primitive offshoot of the bear family that survived into modern times (to put it simply).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty clear that the entire world is on notice. This isn't good.

7+ Year Old Account
    The USA and it's allies hold RIMPAC every year and that dwarfs this. Not really alarmed, esp considering the state of russia's navy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    3 Russian warships... and they do not say what kind it was, so it can be 1 fregat and 2 corvetts and still can call it the largest joint drill....

10+ Year Old Account
    So they actually gathered all 5 of the ships they have that could sink a single destroyer with focused fire before being sunk by a fishing ship crashing into them? WITHOUT one's engine burning out?

..was the first thought that came to mind. I'd apologize but I'm fairly sure even combined they'd struggle against the US's naval forces alone. Much less throwing in any potential allied navies. They can try to intimidate us all they want, it's actually adorable.

Meh good for them I guess, still pretty small compared to some of the us drills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    They're technically bears, but they're a very primitive offshoot of the bear family that survived into modern times (to put it simply).
    "Survived"

I don't know who said it, but I firmly agree with this statement.

"Any animal that won't fuck to save its species doesn't deserve to live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I've been saying this for a long time now: Washington's aggressive FP is forging an alliance between Russians and Chinese.
    I almost choked on my sandwich. There is nothing about Obama's foreign policy that could be labeled "aggressive".

Quote Originally Posted by HamFist View Post
    I almost choked on my sandwich. There is nothing about Obama's foreign policy that could be labeled "aggressive".
    Lets see:

-Invade Libya : Check
    -Invade Syria : Check
    -Warn China with destruction over south China sea by sending the 7th fleet or w/e the fuck its called? : Check