Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Also I have to say a lot of the bosses are a pain for me when I am the only range in the group. A lot of boss skills are balanced between range and melee but while melee can DPS and move around the boss to avoid those skills, I am struggling to do decent DPS on a boss if I keep getting stuff dropped on me that I need to move out from. Halls of Valour is probably one of those that punish us most. I can run around reapplying dots to keep doing some damage but ....
    I run NB and I am the opposite, I do okay on trash/AoE. If it dies quickly (I have a WW in my group and sometimes demon hunter) I do crap damage), if it dies slowly I can pump out a good sustained AoE with high ramp time. Basically Moon Moon once make sure I have it on CD-sunfire-moonfire on long living mobs/starfall if I have AP-Lunar Strike. If the mobs are not going to live long enough for sustained aoe then I usually just take moonfire out of the rotation. Would note that I sometimes hold off on sunfire if the mobs are not grouped up, if that is the case I put moonfire infront of sunfire on the opening until the mobs get grouped together, I then sunfire and continue.

Boss fights/single target I am usually first on DPS. Even on movement fights I tend to do good dps on as I just time my starsurge with movements and find spots in movements to stop and cast something quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We've mathed that all out in the past. After you have all pertinent traits, single target it struggles to come even, never mind being better. And that's without considering mastery from gear, including the artifact.(Blizz, put haste insted plz)
    I don't understand what you mean here. Is starsurge struggling when you unlock everything or does FoE ? I assume Starsurge but I just want to verify as it confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I don't understand what you mean here. Is starsurge struggling when you unlock everything or does FoE ? I assume Starsurge but I just want to verify as it confused me.
    FoE struggles. We have traits that buff starsurge, crit chance, PoG, empowerments etc. Nothing from our traits really buff FoE. Pure single target FoE falls behind.

I don't know about others by PoG seems to be a small amount of damage for me. Doesn't hit that hard to be bothered about it. For now its a nice Extra but nothing to rave about. Maybe it will scale better with gear but for now I pretty much ignore it considering how much Damage i do with FoE. Also FoE is so strong when you have more then 2 taregts and more targets you have - more it shines. For large packs its does so much burst DPS.

Also - i have no problems relocation the beam as its of global cooldown and you can move it mid cast. As long as your tank dosn't move adds like half way thru the room - you should be fine ...
    PoG says it does 400% spell damage, Starsurge is 450% but that is before mastery increase.

I am fine with moving the beam but the tank I run with moves a lot, and when he does it on a boss is when I found NB is the better route, my mythic group already has high burst AoE and cleave so I am not to worried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    FoE struggles. We have traits that buff starsurge, crit chance, PoG, empowerments etc. Nothing from our traits really buff FoE. Pure single target FoE falls behind.
    Thanks, I figured that but I just wanted to verify that is what you meant.

Decided to reword slightly to make it more clear i was talking about FoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    40 or 60 AsP would be more akin to the 3 soul shards Warlocks will be getting.
    I think 50 would work well. You could talent into immediate Starfall through SotF, it gives enough room to get off any MoonMoon charge and two DoTs right off the bat, but you can't just drop a double SS either.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-09-12 at 03:13 PM.

I need some help, so on certain fights with alot of movement, like the second boss in Eye and last one. I cant keep up with using my empowerments and moonmoon spells.

In a scenario I end up having 60/70+ AP, 3 empowerment on each, and 3 charges of Moon (Lets say full moon here), what should I do?

Get rid of all the empowerments, wait for the full moon? Or use starsurge to clear some AP

Right now i'm using the empowerments if i can, but I get stressful of not knowing what to do :|
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-09-12 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Tips for boomkins looking to gear even faster -> Do some pvp.

After a certain point ( i think around honor level 12) the world pvp quests have a chance to give 840+ pvp gear. So far it gave me a few very nice haste-versatility pieces. Not 100% sure but i think it will always give haste versatility.

Some pieces have random stats, so not always, but it certainly helps. PvP WQs also give quite nice chunks of Honor and often don't involve much if any PvP(Honor Level 10, so far i killed a grand total of 1 player).

Deleted
    Anyone else using the Devilsaur Shock-Baton [http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030/d...-shock-baton]? Does a lot of damage for a trinket so easy to obtain, plus makes you feel like a Shaman for a split second :P

I've been having some fun with that one. The slow is also rather useful when soloing, and it scales with any Nature damage boost, including Moonkin and CA/Inc.

Deleted
    Boss fights/single target I am usually first on DPS. Even on movement fights I tend to do good dps on as I just time my starsurge with movements and find spots in movements to stop and cast something quickly.
    Maybe I am just not doing it right with other build but on single target fights I was way behind other DPS (but they had supperior gear some maybe with my weapon upgrade last night it would change). I will give it a go again but might be a good option if I would already have burst AoE classes in the group. Extra DPS on boss would be better then just AoE nuke/burst.

Shame we can't see any longs yet from Dungeons as this would help to see am I doing something wrong while not using FoE :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    There's no way Balance is the best Single Target setup. Even on single target if I manage to get even 30 seconds of FoE it's my highest damaging ability and it isn't close.
    That's because you are running dungeons now, and bosses die rather quickly and FoE is a strong burst, on longer fights NB will shine.

Maybe I am just not doing it right with other build but on single target fights I was way behind other DPS (but they had supperior gear some maybe with my weapon upgrade last night it would change). I will give it a go again but might be a good option if I would already have burst AoE classes in the group. Extra DPS on boss would be better then just AoE nuke/burst.

Shame we can't see any longs yet from Dungeons as this would help to see am I doing something wrong while not using FoE :P
    It depends the boss and fight. I was 20 Ilvl behind my guildies when I started and still beat them on boss fights.

You also have to remember that because you are not using FoE, you can pool your AP. This makes movement fights a lot easier as starsurge is the best ability to use while moving. I usually sit around 50-80 AP in case I do need to move. Starlord and BotA are both good together. Those two and one Moon Moon usually give another starsurge or close to it.

BotA may not be the best option though, it is just my preferred option at the moment but with Starlord and ALWAYS having empowerment it is a decent amount of AP.

Deleted
    There are any haste caps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluk View Post
    There are any haste caps ?
    None that are practical to reach.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I was curious, which relics do you use? Which talents should I look for on them. I've been trying to get the Starsurge one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Hey guys,

I was curious, which relics do you use? Which talents should I look for on them. I've been trying to get the Starsurge one.
    Fairly sure its starsurge crit, moonfire damage, sunfire damage.
    Cant remember where i saw it, possibly gebuz's doc?

update: ss crit > snf damage > mf damage
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.wp5caq41k6tv
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-09-13 at 04:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Fairly sure its starsurge crit, moonfire damage, sunfire damage.
    Fairly sure its the one with the higher ilvl, because +ilvl is always better than +x% on y-skill. Everything else should be pretty obvious, unless you have a big, black hole between your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Fairly sure its the one with the higher ilvl, because +ilvl is always better than +x% on y-skill. Everything else should be pretty obvious, unless you have a big, black hole between your ears.
    Very helpful post, the thought process clearly did not account for relics of the same ilvl

Deleted
    It depends the boss and fight. I was 20 Ilvl behind my guildies when I started and still beat them on boss fights.

You also have to remember that because you are not using FoE, you can pool your AP. This makes movement fights a lot easier as starsurge is the best ability to use while moving. I usually sit around 50-80 AP in case I do need to move. Starlord and BotA are both good together. Those two and one Moon Moon usually give another starsurge or close to it.

BotA may not be the best option though, it is just my preferred option at the moment but with Starlord and ALWAYS having empowerment it is a decent amount of AP.
    I will have to try that and see how it goes but last night on heroic Halls of Valor i was bursting over 500k DPS on trash packs with FoE. Boss damage wasn't bad but it wasn't great, however we all know we spend most time in dungeons killing trash. When raid opens then trash will not be important so I will test a practice single target build but it feels so nice to burst those packs like this:

https://www.twitch.tv/golfik_/v/89019145

Skip to 2:24:40 for that specific trash pack when i bursted over 500k, other packs were 300k-500k depending on size.
    Another one is at 2:26:50 with over 500k again.

Due to helping gear up my sister my experience from Mythic dungeons is limited but I do hope to hit one or two tonight so we will see how it goes :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I was running with FoE at the begining of Mythics. Yesterday, I've tried something different: Starlord/SotF/SS/NB and it's so much better. Sure, you can't chease it up as much as FoE but it's solid and you are not getting screwed by movement. And most ecnounters will screw a lot with FoE usage - especially if you are the only ranged in group and ALL of the range boss abilities target you.